talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watches

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Ha, my favourite brand is Breitling and I have an old Navitimer as a family heirloom, but personally, I wouldn't buy a watch for more than 500€ for myself. 

Citizen makes nice watches for sure. Do you like busy watch dials or prefer a cleaner, simpler look? 

Yeah - Breitling is absolute class. 

I like a little in-between. My Dad used to have a watch that was nice and clean, and it had a place for a dial that would rotate with the time, and so during the day the sun would rotate and then at night moon. It was also behind the main face so once one of the sun set, you no longer could see it. 

Long story short, I used to love it as a kid and it would fascinate me greatly. Sadly that watch was lost. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Never seen the fuss about smart watches.

Also always preferred the non-smart traditional ones.

Currently have a Fossil watch. Always preferred metal straps, too.

fs4662-fossil-original-imaf77eje3ggrgrk.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Never seen the fuss about smart watches.

Also always preferred the non-smart traditional ones.

Currently have a Fossil watch. Always preferred metal straps, too.

fs4662-fossil-original-imaf77eje3ggrgrk.

I originally got the smart watch as they are great for running, hiking, and those stats fascinate me. 

But I am moving away from wearing it 24/7, and will be in the market for a new, no non-smart watch. 

• Subscriber

I used to be really big into watches but I did stop myself at 8 xD I actually just got all the batteries replaced on the non automatic ones. Ill post a couple of my favs

I remember a few years back Nixon had a few star wars themed ones that werent gaudy as all hell I really really liked one but I couldnt justify a 9th watch and it was like 600$

mvmnt, love the classic simple looks.

Chrono Gunmetal | Gunmetal watch, Watches for men, Chrono

My fav fossil, automatic (just got a grey leather band as the original fell apart :) )

fossil skeleton automatic> OFF-61%

• Subscriber

There was a debate on another forum a while back about watches and people don't use them much nowadays when we have mobiles especially to tell the time, a few said they don't bother with a watch but quite a few (like me) always wear a watch when going out.

I know our son & daughter don't use them but just rely on a mobile, my argument was why dig into your pocket, handgag to check the time on your mobile yet with a watch looking at it on your wrist takes 2 seconds and I know a few times I have headed down town shopping then realised I had left my mobile at home but could still check the time from my watch and watches are also handy like this one.

ZGPAX SB Standalone Smart Watch Phone

download.thumb.png.d74641b2508ff696c03572bed365cd05.png

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

There was a debate on another forum a while back about watches and people don't use them much nowadays when we have mobiles especially to tell the time, a few said they don't bother with a watch but quite a few (like me) always wear a watch when going out.

I know our son & daughter don't use them but just rely on a mobile, my argument was why dig into your pocket, handgag to check the time on your mobile yet with a watch looking at it on your wrist takes 2 seconds and I know a few times I have headed down town shopping then realised I had left my mobile at home but could still check the time from my watch and watches are also handy like this one.

ZGPAX SB Standalone Smart Watch Phone

download.thumb.png.d74641b2508ff696c03572bed365cd05.png

I think it's pretty simple - a watch is an accessory which also performs a very specific function, and there are people who "get" watches and there are those who don't; fair enough. For me, it's a convenient way to be able to tell the time without having to rely on a smartphone or any other gadget, and it's also a stylish, classy accessory that can add a lot to your outfit. On top of that, I also admire the craftsmanship that goes into watchmaking, and I love having a piece of a mechanical "wonder" on my wrist. When I was a kid, I used to take watches apart, learn their inner workings and put them back together. It's fascinating... 😅

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Breitling just released a new line of watches celebrating 3 classic muscle cars - the 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427, the 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390, and the 1965 Shelby Cobra 42.

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-11-768x432.jpg

Just look at those beauties: 

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-1-768x432.jpg

Corvette:

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-2-768x501.jpg

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-3.jpg

Mustang (Bullitt):

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-5-768x522.jpg

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-6-768x895.jpg

Shelby Cobra:

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-8-768x479 (1).jpg

Breitling-Top-Time-Classic-Cars-Capsule-Collection-9-768x718.jpg

I think I'm in love...

@Eco @Bluewolf @Viva la FCB @Rab

Price around 5500€, apparently. A bit much for an ETA, but it's Breitling and it's a tribute to great cars... 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Breitling just released a new line of watches celebrating 3 classic muscle cars - the 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427, the 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390, and the 1965 Shelby Cobra 42.

Corvette:

Mustang (Bullitt):

Shelby Cobra:

I think I'm in love...

Price around 5500€, apparently. A bit much for an ETA, but it's Breitling and it's a tribute to great cars... 

Nice... B|

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Corvette:

Mustang (Bullitt):

Shelby Cobra:

I think I'm in love...

Certainly nice looking, but for that price tag...I think they could do better. Maybe I'm being extra cynical. 

Saying that, I found this a few weeks ago and I can't let it go...But it's also $153k. 

1466501.png?impolicy=cropresize&cropheig

alangesoehne-datograph-perpetual-410038-

alangesoehne-datograph-perpetual-410038-

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge - Have you heard of these before? I love the Gargarin and Sputnik selection. 

https://sturmanskie.ru/en/brand/

Yes, I know the brand, but I never had one. I love vintage USSR watchmaking though; cheap and great quality and longevity. Luch was my first watch ever, and then later I had a Vostok and a Raketa. Brilliant watches.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, I know the brand, but I never had one. I love vintage USSR watchmaking though; cheap and great quality and longevity. Luch was my first watch ever, and then later I had a Vostok and a Raketa. Brilliant watches.

Thinking of buying this - 

6b6029c19019a1514018acfb3bf9b589.png

8c811e0993b9460eedc2fc5c1b83384d.png

12 hours ago, nudge said:

Corvette:

Mustang (Bullitt):

Shelby Cobra:

I think I'm in love...

The blue one is legit sex.

How have I only just came across this topic. 

Currently own two watches. One of them being my Seiko Presage Cocktail Time in the Blue Moon colour. It’s the more formal choice out of thee two I wear. 

C25C25CA-6A01-4374-9BAC-DDCF78D47235.jpeg

The second is a micro brand tool watch that was crowdfunded through a company called Watch Angels. This was their first project, and the whole idea is to create sustainable watches and not just hike the price up just because. It’s my daily wear and I love it. 

06F3DA8C-E52C-4E63-A4CC-398686E342EB.jpeg

22 hours ago, nudge said:

Reminds me of TAG Heuer's Monaco watch.

TAG-Heuer-Monaco-50th-Anniversary-From-the-Origins-to-The-Future.jpg

Someone I know had it, pretty cool but I don't particularly like square watches.

I'd love one for the exact reason that it is square haha.

• 2 months later...

Archived