talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 2nd March, 2019

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apologies for that! Thought I'd done it...

Saturday 2nd March, 2019
Bournemouth vs Man City
Brighton vs Huddersfield
Burnley vs Crystal Palace
Man Utd vs Southampton
Wolves vs Cardiff

• The title was changed to Other Matches - Saturday 2nd March, 2019

One of those matches where we might have a chance of a win (especially as we beat them at our place in November). 

However, should we lose and Brighton and Southampton win (the latter unlikely but never impossible), I think that's us done as we'd need to claw back six points and have a difficult run of fixtures coming up. 

• Subscriber

I  just hope the players don't have an off day and think "It's only Southampton", other than that I fancy us winning 3-0 with Lukaku up front and scoring again, and don't rush the other lads back Ole until they are fully fit. :ay:

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

According to BBC, Bournemouth haven't even had a shot here.

It was proper attack against defence stuff. They had one corner where Ederson punched clear and it looked a bit hairy but otherwise it seemed to be constant City approach play and Bournemouth clearing for corners.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

According to BBC, Bournemouth haven't even had a shot here.

That should be right. I only watched the second half, and Bournemouth defended really well, but offered nothing going forward. It seemed that they were intended to not lose by a heavy margin. 

Ake was immense. 

• Subscriber

Phew, that's all I can say plus unlucky Southampton after making it 2-2 and that would have been a fair result for them, I hope they stay up, I think it's about time now the United board make Ole full-time manager after the Jose fiasco, he deserves it. 

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It was proper attack against defence stuff. They had one corner where Ederson punched clear and it looked a bit hairy but otherwise it seemed to be constant City approach play and Bournemouth clearing for corners.

Aren't Manchester City the best team that has ever existed ever? Whatever happens this season I think the Manchester bias in our media is clear. 

It's a poor state of affairs when a team at home, who are capable of goals, are more concerned with not conceding than trying to score.

Zero shots at goal? Really? I'd be pissed off as a paying Bournemouth fan. Your team has mugged you off tonight.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Aren't Manchester City the best team that has ever existed ever? Whatever happens this season I think the Manchester bias in our media is clear. 

It is totally sad that they get labelled with that stuff for winning one title and not getting anywhere near the Champions League last season. If they win three on the bounce or something we can talk about best teams ever or whatever labels people want to throw at it.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's a poor state of affairs when a team at home, who are capable of goals, are more concerned with not conceding than trying to score.

Zero shots at goal? Really? I'd be pissed off as a paying Bournemouth fan. Your team has mugged you off tonight.

I wouldn't say they played particularly negatively. It was more just not being able to get or retain the ball long enough than tactics.

Archived