The better place to talk football.

Annoyances That Don't Matter

football forum

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Toinho said:

I reckon he’s insinuating the vibration in your pocket feels nice near your vagina.

ah right.

It's not been in for a while so kind of forgot what it feels like. 

On 16/03/2019 at 10:24, CaaC (John) said:

People who have an earpiece in connected to their mobiles which are in their pockets and talking away to someone and they are sitting right next to you on a bus or train, people stare at you thinking this person is talking to you next to them and you are ignoring them or the person is a crackpot just talking to him/herself. 

So true, the earpiece looks really mongy. Bad as wearing slippers with white socks.

People who have an earpiece in connected to their mobiles which are in their pockets and talking away to someone and they are sitting right next to you on a bus or train, people stare at you thinking this person is talking to you next to them and you are ignoring them or the person is a crackpot just talking to him/herself. 

So true, the earpiece looks really mongy. Bad as wearing slippers with white socks.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

So true, 3 times you posted that. xD 

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I've noticed recently is when people say they're leaving and then hang around forever. I find it really unsettling when someone is just standing around sort of still there and half away, and there's a part of me that just wants to tell them to sit down or fuck off. 

Lets mix the thread up, ones which don't matter along with ones that do matter. Rather then creating a new thread, one that matters is people flying up the ladder at work because they are buddies with the manager.

• Administrator

I get annoyed when I go to a hotel or Airbnb place and on the tv, when you press the 'Guide' button, it takes up the whole screen and what you're watching/listening to stops completely in the background until you choose another channel or exit the guide. 

• Subscriber

People who get on buses without the exact fare which has been operating for around 4 years up here now and signs saying 'The driver will only take exact fares, no cash available', they get on the bus waving a £5/10 note around asking does anyone have change.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

People who get on buses without the exact fare which has been operating for around 4 years up here now and signs saying 'The driver will only take exact fares, no cash available', they get on the bus waving a £5/10 note around asking does anyone have change.

Obviously a bit behind the times up there... they phased cash out round here about 2 years ago, Oyster or Card only these days 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Obviously a bit behind the times up there... they phased cash out round here about 2 years ago, Oyster or Card only these days 

Scotland phased that out about 2/3 years ago too and you have to have the exact fares, a lot of people know that but are just too lazy to pop into a shop, buy some goods, and then they have the exact fare to give the driver.

The worse ones are tourists especially if they speak only in broken English and give the driver a £10/20 note and expect the ticket(s) and change then that's the bus driver trying to be friendly and helpful trying to explain why he has no change then asking passengers do they have any change, sometimes you can be held up for around 5 minutes especially if there is a lot of passengers trying to board the bus.

Me and the wife have Pensioner passes and a lot of others have what you said Oyster or Cards whatever, either them or always make sure you have the exact money as a lot of people don't have cards, the same as in a supermarket automatic checkout machines, cash or card, with them I will always pay by cash that way you do have loose change.   

On 30/06/2019 at 10:56, Stan said:

I get annoyed when I go to a hotel or Airbnb place and on the tv, when you press the 'Guide' button, it takes up the whole screen and what you're watching/listening to stops completely in the background until you choose another channel or exit the guide. 

I hate when I get to a hotel and every time I turn the fucking TV on I have to sit through the hotel's "home screen" guide before I can watch TV.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Panflute said:

People who call each other "sir" on the internet.

"You, sir, win the internet for today!"

Also those tiny shopping carts for kids in the supermarket.

Well said, sir. 

• Subscriber

Getting guest passes for client visits at companies. I can't begin to tell people how annoying it is to get an email, have a time slotted, show up at reception and then have to wait for a minimum of an hour before you're finally in. This is not even because the person you're meeting isn't available but security just doesn't do things fast enough. Only two companies I know that do this with almost military-grade efficiency - Google and NetApp.

On 03/03/2019 at 13:31, ...Dan said:

When someone I don't know walks alongside me at the same speed. I have to either slow down or speed up to get away from them.

On 06/03/2019 at 12:53, Inverted said:

The biggest day-to-day thing is slow walkers. Also people who stand in groups in narrow areas.

This irritates me... When you are walking along and the person in front is dawdling but going just fast enough to be in your way but slow enough to be holding you up, then as you step into the road to go round they speed up as though it's a race or something... you just feel like shoving them in the bush... 

On 13/06/2019 at 17:02, MUFC said:

True, Slippers should always be accompanied by Black Socks.... or in @CaaC (John) case Tartan ones.. 

One other thing that winds me up or is a 'typical' moment if you like is when no matter what time of the day or night it is whenever I get up to go to the loo in the house some other bugger always gets in there just before me... 

Another one is when you pop over the shop and you always get stuck behind those people that are having about 10 lottery cards being checked...then, as if that was not bad enough they take ages picking their next 4 cards... 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

True, Slippers should always be accompanied by Black Socks.... or in @CaaC (John) case Tartan ones.. 

I don't wear socks in the summertime, especially with slippers, I like air getting to my feet, funny enough I have a pair of Tartan socks somewhere? :D  

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Annoyances That Don't Matter

Archived