Annoyances That Don't Matter

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

When you sell something on Ebay and the cunts don't pay while ignoring your messages.

Really?? I never had that problem, The ones that annoyed me were the ones that put in one of those cases against you for something they claim they didn't get before they even bothered to talk to you first.. dodgy as fuck they were

17 minutes ago, MUFC said:

When you sell something on Ebay and the cunts don't pay while ignoring your messages.

Probably shouldn't ask them for pictures of their feet. 

• Administrator

Just bought something on eBay and didn't pay the guy xD. What a chump. 

He must be livid though because he hasn't given me very good feedback on there. Oh well! 

• Subscriber

Lack of punctuality. I'd say it's also an annoyance that DOES matter, as it's just wasting people's time.

Got up early today because the landlord wanted to install some shit in the house, and said the workers would come at 10am. Almost 1.5 hours later, still no sign of them. Cunts.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lack of punctuality. I'd say it's also an annoyance that DOES matter, as it's just wasting people's time.

Got up early today because the landlord wanted to install some shit in the house, and said the workers would come at 10am. Almost 1.5 hours later, still no sign of them. Cunts.

I'm sometimes 30 minutes early to something rather than late. xD I can still take a walk around the block or something. Better than being late. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I'm sometimes 30 minutes early to something rather than late. xD I can still take a walk around the block or something. Better than being late. 

Absolutely. For me, it's also completely disrespectful to be more than 5 minutes late without informing people in advance... 

They have arrived now, 1.5 hours later, and are walking around the house and arguing because they have no clue what to do xD Fucking hell.

Shitty work ethic is another annoying thing.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, nudge said:

At least they arrived! 

We had an appt a few days after we got keys to our new house for a BT engineer to come and install new broadband. Time frame given was 8am-1pm.

BT say the engineer will call when he's on his way. It got to about 12.30 and as we hadn't heard anything, we thought we'd call him to find out if he's on his way, or if he can give us a rough estimate as to when he'll be with us, even if it will be after 1pm.

His response? 'I've finished for the day so the job must have been allocated to someone else'. :o . Wow, thanks for telling us! 

It ended up with us having to ring BT back, explain what happened and they then had to find another engineer to come out to us later that afternoon. They themselves said they couldn't believe that happened and were 'flabbergasted' when reading our complaint. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

At least they arrived! 

We had an appt a few days after we got keys to our new house for a BT engineer to come and install new broadband. Time frame given was 8am-1pm.

BT say the engineer will call when he's on his way. It got to about 12.30 and as we hadn't heard anything, we thought we'd call him to find out if he's on his way, or if he can give us a rough estimate as to when he'll be with us, even if it will be after 1pm.

His response? 'I've finished for the day so the job must have been allocated to someone else'. :o . Wow, thanks for telling us! 

It ended up with us having to ring BT back, explain what happened and they then had to find another engineer to come out to us later that afternoon. They themselves said they couldn't believe that happened and were 'flabbergasted' when reading our complaint. 

That's actually rage inducing xD also, I hate timeframes like that, especially when they don't bother to call at all. As if everyone's got time to just sit at home and wait for 5 hours, hoping they'd come 🙄

Here, the workers just argued for a while and then left again without saying anything xD

This is all the work they managed to do so far:

IMG_20220607_120914.jpg

Amazing efficiency. All that in just 2.5 hours from arranged time... 

xD

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's actually rage inducing xD also, I hate timeframes like that, especially when they don't bother to call at all. As if everyone's got time to just sit at home and wait for 5 hours, hoping they'd come 🙄

Here, the workers just argued for a while and then left again without saying anything xD

Yeah it's hugely frustrating. With some places I can understand that there needs to be a time frame, but sometimes on the day that time is then narrowed down and specified. 

In saying that, we took the day off work to plan around that time and then it was up to us to chase. We genuinely would have been okay if they just rang and said 'sorry, we can't come at the time we said, BUT we can come at this time instead'. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, nudge said:

IMG_20220607_120914.jpg

Amazing efficiency. All that in just 2.5 hours from arranged time... 

xD

What's it meant to be by the way xD

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah it's hugely frustrating. With some places I can understand that there needs to be a time frame, but sometimes on the day that time is then narrowed down and specified. 

In saying that, we took the day off work to plan around that time and then it was up to us to chase. We genuinely would have been okay if they just rang and said 'sorry, we can't come at the time we said, BUT we can come at this time instead'. 

I used to work for a company that offered similar spots in their office and honestly there are times where you just don’t give a shit about whoever’s booked in their appointment. Become so desensitised because you have to cancel or rebook loads of appointments anyway or you’re just in a point at work where it’s just a job  that you don’t particularly enjoy that much and definitely not what you want to do with your life so sometimes you just think fuck it and the work ethic just drops.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Early>late.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Danny said:

I used to work for a company that offered similar spots in their office and honestly there are times where you just don’t give a shit about whoever’s booked in their appointment. Become so desensitised because you have to cancel or rebook loads of appointments anyway or you’re just in a point at work where it’s just a job  that you don’t particularly enjoy that much and definitely not what you want to do with your life so sometimes you just think fuck it and the work ethic just drops.

Quite frankly, that's just shit attitude. We've all been there; fed up with work, customers, bosses, thinking we deserve more and whatnot. But you either suck it up and do it properly, or quit and find another job that suits you better. Either do it right or not do it at all, no compromises.

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Quite frankly, that's just shit attitude. We've all been there; fed up with work, customers, bosses, thinking we deserve more and whatnot. But you either suck it up and do it properly, or quit and find another job that suits you better. Either do it right or not do it at all, no compromises.

Strong no on that one. There are some jobs that are enjoyable or have people there that motivate you to work for them and give more than you probably should, and in fairness the job I'm doing alongside my degree atm is useful and I'm happy to do more when needed, but there are also plenty of jobs out there, some I've taken in the past, that you are just doing to take money home and the minimum effort you put in is not to get sacked, beyond that it is what it is.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Strong no on that one. There are some jobs that are enjoyable or have people there that motivate you to work for them and give more than you probably should, and in fairness the job I'm doing alongside my degree atm is useful and I'm happy to do more when needed, but there are also plenty of jobs out there, some I've taken in the past, that you are just doing to take money home and the minimum effort you put in is not to get sacked, beyond that it is what it is.

And that is why it's a shit attitude, in my opinion🤷‍♀️ Doing just the bare minimum is never going to get you anywhere. I'm not talking about giving more than you should; it's understandable if you don't want to put extra effort or overtime into a job that pays little or where you don't feel appreciated. I have had a fair share of shit jobs myself and would not let myself to be taken advantage of either. But we're talking about  just doing the job you're supposed to do properly here. Like you know, actually doing the work you're assigned for and paid for instead of thinking "I hate my job, so fuck them all". 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

And that is why it's a shit attitude, in my opinion🤷‍♀️ Doing just the bare minimum is never going to get you anywhere. I'm not talking about giving more than you should; it's understandable if you don't wont to put extra effort or overtime into a job that pays little or where you don't feel appreciated. I have had a fair share of shit jobs myself and would not let myself to be taken advantage of either. But we're talking about  just doing the job you're supposed to do properly here. Like you know, actually doing the work you're assigned for and paid for instead of thinking "I hate my job, so fuck them all".

Tbf it got me 3 years travelling around Australia and New Zealand which was class.

But also work ethic can be separate to just achieving minimum KPIs, you can for example be perceived to not have a great work ethic but meet the goals set for your specific role. Call centre's for example are filled with people like this, in a job for now with no real plan for the future. I've worked in a call centre where I hit all of their targets and met all customer requirements but very clearly did not enjoy the job which showed.

Obviously getting rightfully sacked is your own problem and I'd never put my income in jeopardy because frankly I have no control over the life I would like to lead with rent prices and the cost of living, but finding out what you want to do in life can be accompanied by plenty of jobs where you really couldn't give a fuck but also have no idea what's next.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Tbf it got me 3 years travelling around Australia and New Zealand which was class.

But also work ethic can be separate to just achieving minimum KPIs, you can for example be perceived to not have a great work ethic but meet the goals set for your specific role. Call centre's for example are filled with people like this, in a job for now with no real plan for the future. I've worked in a call centre where I hit all of their targets and met all customer requirements but very clearly did not enjoy the job which showed.

Obviously getting rightfully sacked is your own problem and I'd never put my income in jeopardy because frankly I have no control over the life I would like to lead with rent prices and the cost of living, but finding out what you want to do in life can be accompanied by plenty of jobs where you really couldn't give a fuck but also have no idea what's next.

It seems like we're talking about two different things here, really. If you hit all of the company's targets and meet all customer requirements, then you are quite clearly meeting the expectations and do what you're paid for, so that's fine with me - you're getting your job done properly, even if you're not enjoying it. In Stan's example though, if you have appointments but then decide you're done for the day and can't even be bothered to let the customers know, then you're not doing your job properly; and your lack of job satisfaction is not a valid excuse, as much as I'm concerned... My point is, if you decide to take a job, regardless how bad it is, you're supposed to do it properly. After all, nobody forced you to take it, and in most cases, there are others who would gladly do it if you can't be bothered to...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Minimum effort would still to be professional and turn up to jobs you're booked in for.

If you don't turn up to a job you're booked for, and don't have a sufficient reason and you literally cannot be bothered is at least a disciplinary or sackable offence. 

Just now, Stan said:

Minimum effort would still to be professional and turn up to jobs you're booked in for.

If you don't turn up to a job you're booked for, and don't have a sufficient reason and you literally cannot be bothered is at least a disciplinary or sackable offence. 

I should have bolded your post as I don't really disagree with that, not that I was really disagreeing with you. Was more just adding that I have worked in an office where people have booked mornings or days off work and it's been our job to call them on behalf of the engineer they were expecting to re-book those appointments and genuinely no one in the office cares that much about the day the customer has booked off because you're 1 call in about 50-100 they'll be making. If anything you start playing games on the phone, having to throw random words or phrases into the call, doing the calls in different accents etc, try and make each other laugh mid-call. They wouldn't even view your job through your name or address, most likely have a number or letter scale where it shows how much of a priority you are. Sometimes the high priorities slip through, but sometimes they'll just keep the higher priority jobs on and rebook the lower ones knowing you're less likely to complain. Thinking back to working in those places the only time you'd really pay someone personal attention is if you found out they had cancer or something and needed a quicker service than most.

Honestly though looking at what happened to you, I'd put good money on the engineer having a half day booked in, someone putting too many jobs onto his ipad and someone in the office missing that your appointment came off the diary. The office I used to work in they would cram jobs onto engineers calendars knowing that there would be some that have to be rebooked, they'd rather deal with as many customers as possible and have some rebooked rather than deal with less but not rebook any.

Archived