talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

If I lived in the UK, I'd vote for Corbyn, in lack of a better option. Old left is better than civic right.

Just imaging the chaos if he got in,  Diane Abbot abolishing stop and search against ethnics in London and the stabbing's spiking higher than they are, which she'll attribute to white ukippers. The NHS spending cash like a chav with a wonga loan in bargain booze on shit people don't need like vaginal reconstruction or sex changes. We've got trident but "we won't use it" pretty much nerfing several billion quids worth of equipment. On the armed forces you know full well the pacifist would neglect them. A move as popular as making Ian Huntley a patron saint as Cameron's idiotic hatchet job showed. Preaching about having a "chat" with the likes of ISIS and the Taliban in order to "understand them". I love how the 80k tax bracket for high earners is 6k higher than his own salary 😂. He'd abolish tuition fees so the kids finally coming back into apprenticeship's to fill the desperately needed skills gap can fuck off for a few years of withnail and I at the tax payers expense. And that's even before we get to the Unions and the cunts who've put him here and backed him all the way with his authoritarian gaggle of supporters who follow him everywhere being the real nasty party. Maybe his whitewashing of Labours Antisemetism problem will rear its head again? Oh it's just such a cack candidate and a half decent Labour candidate could have a chance to. 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Just imaging the chaos if he got in,  Diane Abbot abolishing stop and search against ethnics in London and the stabbing's spiking higher than they are, which she'll attribute to white ukippers. The NHS spending cash like a chav with a wonga loan in bargain booze on shit people don't need like vaginal reconstruction or sex changes. We've got trident but "we won't use it" pretty much nerfing several billion quids worth of equipment. On the armed forces you know full well the pacifist would neglect them. A move as popular as making Ian Huntley a patron saint as Cameron's idiotic hatchet job showed. Preaching about having a "chat" with the likes of ISIS and the Taliban in order to "understand them". I love how the 80k tax bracket for high earners is 6k higher than his own salary 😂. He'd abolish tuition fees so the kids finally coming back into apprenticeship's to fill the desperately needed skills gap can fuck off for a few years of withnail and I at the tax payers expense. And that's even before we get to the Unions and the cunts who've put him here and backed him all the way with his authoritarian gaggle of supporters who follow him everywhere being the real nasty party. Maybe his whitewashing of Labours Antisemetism problem will rear its head again? Oh it's just such a cack candidate and a half decent Labour candidate could have a chance to. 

I don't care about UK domestic issues as the country is a lost cause either way. Conservatism is the same as progressivism, but with a 10-20 year delay, so it will not make much of a difference.

The reason I like Corbyn is that, on a geopolitical level, he seems to be the most sound of the lot, as he is the only one who's not a complete NATO-enamoured cocksucker.

• Subscriber

Absolutely loving the fact that Labour are coming back at the Tories. Obviously don't know how it ends up but still good to see.

Had a sneaky feeling the 'protest vote' feeling would grow in light of May's arrogance in thinking she could gain seats in this election whilst unashamedly hiding from debates with Jeremy Corbyn and showing next to no leadership qualities.

It's a shame if the Manchester attack has anything to do with it because neither May nor Corbyn, no matter what people will have you believe about foreign policy, can realistically do much to stop these things from happening though it is slightly embarrassing for Theresa that in the aftermath they've had to put the army on the streets after the decision to cut police numbers.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Absolutely loving the fact that Labour are coming back at the Tories. Obviously don't know how it ends up but still good to see.

Had a sneaky feeling the 'protest vote' feeling would grow in light of May's arrogance in thinking she could gain seats in this election whilst unashamedly hiding from debates with Jeremy Corbyn and showing next to no leadership qualities.

It's a shame if the Manchester attack has anything to do with it because neither May nor Corbyn, no matter what people will have you believe about foreign policy, can realistically do much to stop these things from happening though it is slightly embarrassing for Theresa that in the aftermath they've had to put the army on the streets after the decision to cut police numbers.

that video circulating of a now former member of the GMP force questioning May in 2015 about police cuts and having the intelligent foresight of national security being compromised is superb. The points put forward to her were very passionate and has now turned out to be bang on. If ever the phrase 'hit the nail on the head' deserved to be said, this was it. 

The rise in the polls for Labour since the announcement of the election was originally just cry babies coming back after they had a referendum hissy fit and had been telling pollsters they wouldn't vote Labour.

The extra rise in the polls for Labour in the last week is because of the car crash Tory manifesto. 

It will be interesting to see the polls conducted post Manchester attack. The attack led to Tory manifesto exposure being dropped from the news.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I think Labours decision to not limit immigration will be far worse. 

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Labour gnawing into that lead, May's record as Home Secretary will do her baldy.

The Tories are going to win but I think the damage done if they don't win a 100 seat majority will be massive.

She finished as leader she won't fight another she's just not charismatic enough. 

42 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The rise in the polls for Labour since the announcement of the election was originally just cry babies coming back after they had a referendum hissy fit and had been telling pollsters they wouldn't vote Labour.

The extra rise in the polls for Labour in the last week is because of the car crash Tory manifesto. 

It will be interesting to see the polls conducted post Manchester attack. The attack led to Tory manifesto exposure being dropped from the news.

Good old tribal voting, the Labour offering at this election is the most parhetic in my lifetime yet still vast swaves will vote, it's almost Stockholm syndrome 

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Good old tribal voting, the Labour offering at this election is the most parhetic in my lifetime yet still vast swaves will vote, it's almost Stockholm syndrome 

You make it sound like a bad thing. It's part of a functioning democracy to have two immovable wings and a swing vote they need to compete for. You can't have a 100% swing vote.

Labour have certainly been picking up swing voters since the car crash Tory manifesto. They probably can't win this election because they can't win the millions of kippers who are up for grabs.

Even though the conservatives could win a large majority in our system it's a sign of how incompetent they are that Corbyn will win more labour votes than anyone since Blair in 2001.

Once Brexit and immigration is out of the way the only way is down for this Tory party if they continue being as blind and ignorant as they are.

Corbyn was decent on Peston on Sunday just now. 20 minutes before thst however Dianne Abbott was poor again on the Andrew Marr show.

Labour down 2% in the first poll since Corbyn gave his choir preaching speech on foreign policy.

I do still wonder about the 'Shy Tory effect' in these opinion polls. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who will definitely vote for the Conservatives on June 8th, but just won't admit it either in opinion polls or even in the exit polls on the day of the election.

Obviously it was never going to happen,  especially given their history together, but if Corbyn had listened to the growing calls to sack Dianne Abbott back in February, and replaced her with a more competent shadow home secretary, I do wonder what boost that could have given to the party's popularity. Of course he won't have known back in February that he would face an election campaign in a few months. 

If I was working for the Conservatives campaign (though I can't imagine joining the dark side), the most effective slogan against Labour would probably be something along the lines of 'Dianne Abbott, home secretary?'. 

I would like to see the Lib Dems making a comeback in the Leeds Central constituency after plummeting from 2nd to 5th in 2015, so I will probably vote for them. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do still wonder about the 'Shy Tory effect' in these opinion polls. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who will definitely vote for the Conservatives on June 8th, but just won't admit it either in opinion polls or even in the exit polls on the day of the election.

Obviously it was never going to happen,  especially given their history together, but if Corbyn had listened to the growing calls to sack Dianne Abbott back in February, and replaced her with a more competent shadow home secretary, I do wonder what boost that could have given to the party's popularity. Of course he won't have known back in February that he would face an election campaign in a few months. 

If I was working for the Conservatives campaign (though I can't imagine joining the dark side), the most effective slogan against Labour would probably be something along the lines of 'Dianne Abbott, home secretary?'. 

I would like to see the Lib Dems making a comeback in the Leeds Central constituency after plummeting from 2nd to 5th in 2015, so I will probably vote for them. 

Shy Tory is 2 points easy, people say to me "are you into politics?" Tentatively all the time. When I say yeah I normally vote Tory they visibly relax and say "so do I but you have to be careful nowadays". Shame that's the state of debate in this country, I think it in part shows why all those leftys over 35 tend to be embittered miserable cunts, they just can't handle it that when everyone has agreed with them all the time it's mostly been so they shit the fuck up

14 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

SHAME FOR CORBYN AS SOURCE CONFIRMS LABOUR LEADER ‘HAD CURRY’ WITH SKELETOR IN 1991

Corbyn-Skeletor.jpg

read more...

Apparently the times has a story in which he wrote in the morning star (communist rag) in which he talked about laying a wreath at the grave of one of the Palestinian terrorists involved in Munich. Times is paid though, if anyone has it can you confirm please? 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand the ''hush, hush'' attitude towards politics. I can remember in the last election asking my boss who he voted for and it went down as if I'd asked him what position he shagged his girlfriend in. To me I'm open about my political stance (which I'll admit is quite easy as I don't take much of an interest) but still. Why does everything need to be so under wraps?

You can't have an opinion contrary to the socially acceptable group thought, I was once warned at a job for debating someone from work via Facebook about fox hunting. My sister is a Corbynite and she gets all screechy when I unpack her bullshit for her. I guess others just find it's just easier to keep the peace and say "yeah I know" I'm too much of a cunt to let it slide though. 

31 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Apparently the times has a story in which he wrote in the morning star (communist rag) in which he talked about laying a wreath at the grave of one of the Palestinian terrorists involved in Munich. Times is paid though, if anyone has it can you confirm please? 

Wouldn't be a surprise. He basically said this morning on Peston that he is in favour of group terrorism where there isn't democracy to initiate political change peacefully. That was his excuse for supporting the IRA killers and it would apply to Palestine.

Peston let it slide when he should have made reference to peaceful political movements outside of democracy that led to an extension of democratic rights without blowing children up.

I was going to say that I disagree with the amount of focus going onto his talks with Sinn Fein leaders, but I have a feeling that with my profile pic and the club crest below it would be better if I withheld comment on the issue :D.

In other news the Tories must truly have an abysmal opinion on May's ability to present her case. They'd rather take the pretty serious humiliation of sending Rudd on for the leaders' debate than risk the PM blowing what is basically an un-loseable campaign. 

How can she present herself as the assertive figure we need to deal with the EU, when she can't even face the man she's spent months painting as an impotent fool, and Tim bloody Farron? 

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Wouldn't be a surprise. He basically said this morning on Peston that he is in favour of group terrorism where there isn't democracy to initiate political change peacefully. That was his excuse for supporting the IRA killers and it would apply to Palestine.

Peston let it slide when he should have made reference to peaceful political movements outside of democracy that led to an extension of democratic rights without blowing children up.

Jesus I can't believe he's still in that, if it was a Tory candidate saying that it would be carnage. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I was going to say that I disagree with the amount of focus going onto his talks with Sinn Fein leaders, but I have a feeling that with my profile pic and the club crest below it would be better if I withheld comment on the issue :D.

In other news the Tories must truly have an abysmal opinion on May's ability to present her case. They'd rather take the pretty serious humiliation of sending Rudd on for the leaders' debate than risk the PM blowing what is basically an un-loseable campaign. 

How can she present herself as the assertive figure we need to deal with the EU, when she can't even face the man she's spent months painting as an impotent fool, and Tim bloody Farron? 

Agree she must be completely bricking it, which is strange as she usually dealt with him at pmq's

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand the ''hush, hush'' attitude towards politics. I can remember in the last election asking my boss who he voted for and it went down as if I'd asked him what position he shagged his girlfriend in. To me I'm open about my political stance (which I'll admit is quite easy as I don't take much of an interest) but still. Why does everything need to be so under wraps?

agree with this. at the last election I remember asking one of my friends who she plans on voting for and she turns around saying 'I'm not telling you, that's none of your business!' Was a bit taken aback by it and why there was so much secrecy about it. 

Yeah you guys are right I never thought about that. Literally the same people who continually post dinner, gym or hospital check ins or statuses on facebook, don't want to reveal how they are going to vote in general elections, EU referendums etc. Weird. 

Nothing weird about it. I don't vote Tory and yet I wouldn't go around telling people who I voted for because I'm an individualist, my reason for who I vote for cannot be expressed in the party name or image and trying to make me do so is disrespectful to my sense of individulism.

Collectivists love political badge wearing. Saying who you vote for is an expression of group belonging and an adoption of that group as your self image. That makes any individualist uncomfortable. Particularly in politics where all groups are full of crooks and fools.

I know people on Facebook who post their party propaganda and even when it's the party I will vote for I still recoil. Nothing will make me less likely to vote for a political party than someone on Facebook posting a status telling me to vote for that political party.

Politics is meant to be about the public exchange of ideas, but personally I don't care for pontificating to my friends on social media. In real life I don't think it should be taboo to talk about your opinions during an election time, but in certain contexts like in some workplaces, it's better to not talk politics 

Political discussion and saying who you voted for isn't the same thing though.

You can discuss politics without having to turn every point you make into a party political broadcast, statement of identity or threat to others. You can discuss in an open-minded respectful of all opinions way, which may lead to implications on how you vote but doesn't come with the flag waving trimmings.

Some people are incapable of talking politics without a party rosette falling out of their mouth, particularly in election season. Not everyone is like that. Not everyone wants to be known as a supporter of the rosette. Some just want to make a judgment of the options in a given time, free from having to have their identity tied to the image of others. They don't want to be hassled or forced into being labelled with something they don't particularly like in the first place.

There will be a lot of silent Corbyn voters at this election.

• The title was changed to UK Politics

Archived