talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think they've rallied round as it's election time, 6 months down the line you'll still have the same dissenting groups. Rumours are he's a organisational nightmare and thats why he goes through staff, his loyalty to ex conquest Abbott is staggering 

Ha oh I can tell you plenty...after the election though 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole way Government sets up really depresses me. Why is I feel pressured to choose between a party that represents everything the rich characters in Robin Hood represent as they gear everything towards privatization at the risk of our quality of life, and a party surrounded by 'everybody is good' tree huggers that will probably lead us towards another recession?

Then if I don't vote I get called an idiot.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Agree with this to be honest, I'd vote for Labour but her being in power genuinely terrifies me. 

I'll probably still vote for them because there are certain Tory policies I can't ever go for even in a month of Sundays.

It's a shame Abbott is around to be honest. But there are things important to me i.e. NHS, police force presence with adequate (at the least!) numbers, education funding - Tories can't offer that and they're pretty much against what I stand for.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Abbott will be in charge of the police so whilst there will be more officers they will have to gently arrest people using fluffy handcuffs.

she can guarantee the numbers will go up if Labour win :D 

I will probably vote for Labour on Thursday as I identify far more with their policies than those of the Tories, but I fear that 3 factors will harm their bid to fight back and win a significant number of seats at this election:

1) The Shy Tory factor - in any opinion poll it's worth adding on a couple of points to the Tories' total because of this alone. 

2) The ineptitude of Diane Abbott.

3) The fact that many people who traditionally vote for Labour may stay at home on polling day, similar to how many staunch Democrats couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary last year and just didn't vote at all.

We'll see though. I certainly hope that I'm wrong. If the Tories emerge from this election with a majority of under 50 seats, then in my opinion it will be big disappointment and failure for them, given that they didn't need to hold it in the first place. 

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I will probably vote for Labour on Thursday as I identify far more with their policies than those of the Tories, but I fear that 3 factors will harm their bid to fight back and win a significant number of seats at this election:

1) The Shy Tory factor - in any opinion poll it's worth adding on a couple of points to the Tories' total because of this alone. 

2) The ineptitude of Diane Abbott.

3) The fact that many people who traditionally vote for Labour may stay at home on polling day, similar to how many staunch Democrats couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary last year and just didn't vote at all.

We'll see though. I certainly hope that I'm wrong. If the Tories emerge from this election with a majority of under 50 seats, then in my opinion it will be big disappointment and failure for them, given that they didn't need to hold it in the first place. 

I think they're still going to get a lot of the UKIP vote labour lost. I've seen some of the more traditional labour voters by me (white working class not the brightest) sharing anti Corbyn stuff. 

The poll surge is believed to just be in seats Labour already have.

It's probably just going to be a replica of the election in 2015 where the gentrified metro cities and old industrial towns of the North and Wales vote Labour and the entire countryside and middle class towns vote conservative.

I suspect it is going to be like this until immigration and the deficit are no longer a hot topic. As much as the metro left enjoy clicking the like button on their friends post of a pro-immigration or anti-austerity article the average man on the street that you talk to doesn't buy it. Not because they are knuckle heads either. That is the lazy excuse of the left. It is I believe because the message is delivered piss poorly by messangers with questionable histories or persona.

The conservatives have gotten far more years of power than they should have by not fixing what they said they would in 2010, all because the other party's won't fix it either. This is dangerous crap and contributed to a chunk of what was a lashing out Brexit vote. Brexit vote was around 20% liberal British values having incompatibility with the EU and 80% people just lashing out.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

xD I guess the millions in the Tory campaign budget doesn't make it to East Yorkshire

they had to make more cuts :ph34r:  

• The title was changed to UK Politics

Archived