talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics

football forum

37 minutes ago, Danny said:

All my family and friends getting annoyed at taxes being spent in other parts of the country...:dam:

Didn't even remotely suggest that.

If you live in London and are not aware of the political manovering for fiscal autonomy to keep the pie away from elsewhere then you have been completely politically switched off for years.

Why do people assume the man in the street is the one who starts political movement? 5 years ago the man on the street in Scotland didnt gave a shit about what powers Holyrood had within the UK. Now polls consistently show a desire to not be involved in pooled resources even among those who don't want independence. It's coming in London.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Danny said:

You may not have but your sensationalising did, "Londoners Londoners Londoners" is the gist of it all but maybe I should have learnt to read between the lines there

I used adjectives accompanying the noun to reference the type of people within London I was referring to, not the entirety of the population. 

It speaks volumes that "greedy cockneys" is interpreted as all cockneys are greedy instead of specifically the greedy ones in a point where the whole premise is about people with actual greed based on being from London.

Breathing techniques might be more suitable than trying to read between the lines.

12 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I used adjectives accompanying the noun to reference the type of people within London I was referring to, not the entirety of the population. 

It speaks volumes that "greedy cockneys" is interpreted as all cockneys are greedy instead of specifically the greedy ones in a point where the whole premise is about actual greed based on being from London.

Breathing techniques might be more suitable than trying to read between the lines.

As smart as that all sounds, you've just tried to suggest to an asthmatic how to breathe.

So the driver for the election is to secure a majority whilst the opposition is weak?  Or to secure a fresh 5 years knowing your going to have to make some very tough calls in brexit negotiations in the coming couple of years and you're going to need all the political capital you can get to sail through it and be back in contention by 2022...?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

So the driver for the election is to secure a majority whilst the opposition is weak?  Or to secure a fresh 5 years knowing your going to have to make some very tough calls in brexit negotiations in the coming couple of years and you're going to need all the political capital you can get to sail through it and be back in contention by 2022...?

Both probably.

If Chairman May seals a big majority in her Erdogan power grab she won't have to listen to her own backbenchers just like Tony Blair didn't.

9 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

An IFS study found that local council cuts were disproportionately aimed at Labour areas. Then in last year's emergency funds for councils 83% went to Tory councils. They are total crooks. Remember Surrey council making a behind closed doors deal with the government so they didn't have to put council tax up. This happens whoever is in power.

You've also got the government changing the rules to allow local authorities to keep 100% of business rates, who benefits? The Tory shires. They get a lovely little shield from the axe the austerity mongs are taking. It's all a con to shrink the state, low tax, low welfare, all by the stealth of making the areas you need to vote for you not realise what is happening nationally.

We are on a worrying trajectory in this country towards abandoning the premise of pooling resources to help the poor areas. It's not just the Tory's either, Labour are increasingly cowering and groveling to power hungry greedy cockneys and Scot nats who threaten to dismantle the whole point of being a nation... the pooling of resources.

One of the biggest threats to the North in the next 30 years is going to be London's rich pushing for fiscal powers. People here in the arrogant city of corruption known as London are already starting to question why their taxes have to pay for infrastructure in Grimsby. They want it spent on themselves. Labour aren't even remotely fighting this because they want London MP's. It's the same in Scotland, instead of this is it or independence they pander to them. There is a real threat that the next Labour Westminster government gives Holyrood powers that can be used to mug Northern England off.

These northern poorhouse city mayors are part of a long term plan to shift the UK from resource pooling to "if you are not self sufficient then tough luck". Labour lap it up thinking they're protecting themselves from the Tory's when if the area isn't self sufficient it is going to go into decline or lose significant competitiveness against other cities that are.

Total political botch job going on in every part of this island.

On that IFS study, I'd hazard a guess with them being labour areas they were taking larger amounts anyway? I'd be curious to pick the bones of it. I get the desire to present it as Tories just taking from Labour areas out of spite. I think it's not as clear cut as that and it maybe they've cut deeper but Labour areas tend to spend more. 

As with favours, that happens on all sides of the political spectrum, I'd argue that a system issue than party specific. 

Again with the pooling of resources, similar thing really. Tories generally prefer greater individual wealth and freedom to govern their own lives with a bare bones state. Why is this shocking? Most Tory voters know this, it's a main reason I've voted for them. Labour prefer a bigger state and less individual wealth and greater dependency on the state. The Labour council of Birmingham have tried to spin the fact they've not been able to manage their financial affairs for years including underpaying female staff on cuts. We've sold off the NEC, NIA & New Street station to fund the black hole that has nothing to do with cuts, but everything to do with politicking for votes with resources we don't have. 

7 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That's the medical support asthmatics will be getting from the NHS the way it's heading.

The NHS is a dead rubber, it's political kryptonite to admit it. Hence both parties stealthily privatise the shit out of it. The sooner we all admit it's not going to work as our state has got too big and start moving towards a health insurance system the better. Obviously with some form of basic care for all in emergency and if unaffordable to the patient.

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

On that IFS study, I'd hazard a guess with them being labour areas they were taking larger amounts anyway? I'd be curious to pick the bones of it. I get the desire to present it as Tories just taking from Labour areas out of spite. I think it's not as clear cut as that and it maybe they've cut deeper but Labour areas tend to spend more. 

As with favours, that happens on all sides of the political spectrum, I'd argue that a system issue than party specific. 

Again with the pooling of resources, similar thing really. Tories generally prefer greater individual wealth and freedom to govern their own lives with a bare bones state. Why is this shocking? Most Tory voters know this, it's a main reason I've voted for them. Labour prefer a bigger state and less individual wealth and greater dependency on the state. The Labour council of Birmingham have tried to spin the fact they've not been able to manage their financial affairs for years including underpaying female staff on cuts. We've sold off the NEC, NIA & New Street station to fund the black hole that has nothing to do with cuts, but everything to do with politicking for votes with resources we don't have. 

The NHS is a dead rubber, it's political kryptonite to admit it. Hence both parties stealthily privatise the shit out of it. The sooner we all admit it's not going to work as our state has got too big and start moving towards a health insurance system the better. Obviously with some form of basic care for all in emergency and if unaffordable to the patient.

Labour areas spend more but that's because they need more. That goes back to my point about pooling resources to the poor areas.

There will be some excess from Labour years that could be cut back but Tory austerity was largely done in a thick as pig shit manner by slasher. They'd say this is your new budget, find the largesse yourself. Sometimes there isn't anywhere left to squeeze without doing real damage.

They've done exactly the same in the NHS hence we've gone from the best healthcare in the world in 2010 according to the World Health Organisation to what is now called a crisis. It's slasher who has done this.

Thick Labour mongs are also to blame for the crazy PFI deals they signed. In some cases they've built new hospitals on Wonga level interest rates. We can help the NHS cash crisis in the short to medium term straight away by having the bank of England take the PFI debt off the NHS in a form of QE. If banks and investors in the private sector can be bailed out so can the NHS.

And what about other vile disgusting crap from scumbag Richard Branson who is suing the NHS for giving a contract to themselves rather than to his VirginCare. That's nice of him. NHS squeezed for resources and being sued by this super rich shyster in his tax haven in the Caribbean.

Politicians made errors, continue to make errors and fail to correct their errors. They are just doing nothing useful to reverse the mistakes they've made, that is one of the main reasons the NHS is on it's downward trajectory. Have all other universal healthcare systems been dicked since 2010? Why is ours unsuitable if there's isn't? (Genuine questions not statements).

The conservatives, through some of their members, philosophically are and always will be a danger to our healthcare. There are senior people in their ranks who are manoeuvring to undermine it. Jeremy Cunt for example is incharge of the NHS but once authored a plan on how to dismantle it and privatise it. Are we seriously supposed to be as stupid as to believe he's doing everything he can to ensure we can have a free at the point of service healthcare? 

Away from the moral arguments of the NHS, an insurance system is unlikely to be delivered free from politicians mismanagement. The private sector is unlikely to be free from problems, only this time it won't be entirely in our control to make changes or to manage it, it will be up to Richard bastard Branson, we will be at the mercy of the private sector. Treating a broken arm costs 900% more in an insurance based system like the US, Branson would love that. Trying to have a debate about what the NHS can do is a con by the CONservatives to make the public ignore mismanagement. How did we go from best healthcare in the world in 2010 to people now wanting to entertain replicating the same as in a country who were scored as the worst healthcare in the western world in that same report?

I think this all leads back to the elephant in the room in every political debate involving money... that the private banking sector destroyed this country and all 3 major parties sold us out to save them but they don't want to talk about that they want us to accept it and live with it.

19 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

And what about other vile disgusting crap from scumbag Richard Branson who is suing the NHS for giving a contract to themselves rather than to his VirginCare. That's nice of him. NHS squeezed for resources and being sued by this super rich shyster in his tax haven in the Caribbean.

Got a link for that, just out of curiousity and seeing as the remain camp wank over him?

50 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Got a link for that, just out of curiousity and seeing as the remain camp wank over him?

https://www.ft.com/content/297e7714-089f-11e7-97d1-5e720a26771b

Branson has no moral compass, never has, his rockstar persona has been shielding him from proper scrutiny of the way he has been ripping the British taxpayer off for 40 years. Search Branson and tax on google and you will come across many articles on a whole host of his schemes an scams. 

When it comes to economics Branson comes across in interviews as about 2 months into a GCSE in Business Studies. He got rich because he's a shyster but pretends to be some sort of poster child for entrepreneurship. 

22 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Labour areas spend more but that's because they need more. That goes back to my point about pooling resources to the poor areas.

There will be some excess from Labour years that could be cut back but Tory austerity was largely done in a thick as pig shit manner by slasher. They'd say this is your new budget, find the largesse yourself. Sometimes there isn't anywhere left to squeeze without doing real damage.

They've done exactly the same in the NHS hence we've gone from the best healthcare in the world in 2010 according to the World Health Organisation to what is now called a crisis. It's slasher who has done this.

Thick Labour mongs are also to blame for the crazy PFI deals they signed. In some cases they've built new hospitals on Wonga level interest rates. We can help the NHS cash crisis in the short to medium term straight away by having the bank of England take the PFI debt off the NHS in a form of QE. If banks and investors in the private sector can be bailed out so can the NHS.

Politicians made errors, continue to make errors and fail to correct their errors. They are just doing nothing useful to reverse the mistakes they've made, that is one of the main reasons the NHS is on it's downward trajectory. Have all other universal healthcare systems been dicked since 2010? Why is ours unsuitable if there's isn't? (Genuine questions not statements).

The conservatives, through some of their members, philosophically are and always will be a danger to our healthcare. There are senior people in their ranks who are manoeuvring to undermine it. Jeremy Cunt for example is incharge of the NHS but once authored a plan on how to dismantle it and privatise it. Are we seriously supposed to be as stupid as to believe he's doing everything he can to ensure we can have a free at the point of service healthcare? 

Away from the moral arguments of the NHS, an insurance system is unlikely to be delivered free from politicians mismanagement. The private sector is unlikely to be free from problems, only this time it won't be entirely in our control to make changes or to manage it, it will be up to Richard bastard Branson, we will be at the mercy of the private sector. Treating a broken arm costs 900% more in an insurance based system like the US, Branson would love that. Trying to have a debate about what the NHS can do is a con by the CONservatives to make the public ignore mismanagement. How did we go from best healthcare in the world in 2010 to people now wanting to entertain replicating the same as in a country who were scored as the worst healthcare in the western world in that same report?

I think this all leads back to the elephant in the room in every political debate involving money... that the private banking sector destroyed this country and all 3 major parties sold us out to save them but they don't want to talk about that they want us to accept it and live with it.

So we have context do you have a link for the survey that said we have the best health system in 2010? I've looked and there's things like we're top out of 17 countries polled or we're "top western country for efficiency on free healthcare" but never top for just being the all round best, in a truly comprehensive study.

I have to be honest I don't remember a period since the early 2000's that the NHS hasn't been in some form of "crisis", MRSA, Mid Staffs, Labour ran Welsh NHS.

The biggest problems as I see it are Staff issues for which they spend way too much, mainly agency. An aging population, an unhealthy population, a rapidly growing population, piss poor mid level management, too much mid level management, health tourism, a finacial crisis, the typical cavalier attitude to spending rampant across all civil service departments, the availability of treatments that we just can't afford.

Not all of this is the NHS's fault, but we can't service all of the above without some kind of reform. 

Also you blame slasher and that's fair enough but i thought the NHS doesn't get a cut in real terms till next year? 

Also I understand the pitfalls of a private system, we would need a robust watchdog in place to ensure fairness.

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So we have context do you have a link for the survey that said we have the best health system in 2010? I've looked and there's things like we're top out of 17 countries polled or we're "top western country for efficiency on free healthcare" but never top for just being the all round best, in a truly comprehensive study.

I have to be honest I don't remember a period since the early 2000's that the NHS hasn't been in some form of "crisis", MRSA, Mid Staffs, Labour ran Welsh NHS.

The biggest problems as I see it are Staff issues for which they spend way too much, mainly agency. An aging population, an unhealthy population, a rapidly growing population, piss poor mid level management, too much mid level management, health tourism, a finacial crisis, the typical cavalier attitude to spending rampant across all civil service departments, the availability of treatments that we just can't afford.

Not all of this is the NHS's fault, but we can't service all of the above without some kind of reform. 

Also you blame slasher and that's fair enough but i thought the NHS doesn't get a cut in real terms till next year? 

Also I understand the pitfalls of a private system, we would need a robust watchdog in place to ensure fairness.

davis_mirror_2014_es1_for_web.jpg?h=511&

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror

Agency staff is another good one. When you decide to squeeze budgets it brings these mistakes right out into the open.

Slasher hasn't cut the overall headline amount going in but he has slowed what goes in (to 1950s growth levels). What that has meant is the service has failed to keep up with inflation and fluctuating areas of demand, so it essentially is forced into making cuts, reducing services, closing hospitals, wards, cutting beds, refusing service.

The whole idea of austerity and curbing spending was to wait for tax revenues to rise and eradicate the deficit. It didn't work, in fact it has been a disaster. Primarily because when you cut public spending you reduce your own revenue as less money is now circulating, therefore the private sector needs to pick up the slack and some if you want to eradicate the deficit, but the private sector hasn't done that anywhere near the required level. Whilst the Tory's have been cutting taxes at the same time which if it does not lead to an increased return as it sometimes can then it makes the whole thing worse.

On a different note I'm amazed at how many poor quality politicians Labour have. I guess it's because no one with good political self awareness is willing to go on tv for or against Corbyn. 

Imagine being in a swing seat and finding yourself having to decide between the party that tips disabled people out of their wheelchairs or a coalition between Diane Abbott, the SNP, Sinn Fein and George Galloway independent xD I think I'd kill myself.

14 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

https://www.ft.com/content/297e7714-089f-11e7-97d1-5e720a26771b

Branson has no moral compass, never has, his rockstar persona has been shielding him from proper scrutiny of the way he has been ripping the British taxpayer off for 40 years. Search Branson and tax on google and you will come across many articles on a whole host of his schemes an scams. 

When it comes to economics Branson comes across in interviews as about 2 months into a GCSE in Business Studies. He got rich because he's a shyster but pretends to be some sort of poster child for entrepreneurship. 

Cheers for that but the article's behind a paywall. :(

• The title was changed to UK Politics

Archived