talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Title Run-In...

• Administrator

9 games to go for Man City & Liverpool.

Who comes out on top by the end of play on 12th May?

Fixtures for both

Man City:
Watford (H)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Tottenham (H)
Man Utd (A)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool:
Burnley (H)
Fulham (A)
Tottenham (H)
Southampton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

image.png

Watford, Fulham, Tottenham, Burnley & Cardiff all have to be played by both so could have a big say in who eventually wins.

Mad to think that just before the turn of the year, and both having played 19 games, Man City were in 3rd & 7 points behind...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The games in April will be telling when the Champions League and FA Cup quarter and semi finals kick in. Whoever copes with those better wins it

The next 6 games will decide it for me, the way you are playing i can see you dropping points in 3 of them tbh

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mad to think that just before the turn of the year, and both having played 19 games, Man City were in 3rd & 7 points behind...

It's not really. They played us a game later to cut it to four points. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It's not really. They played us a game later to cut it to four points. 

And that's meant to prove things wrong xD

• Subscriber

I think City will drop points once or twice more but not in the next three games which will ramp up the pressure on Liverpool, who I think will drop points again in one of their next 3 or 4 games.

• Subscriber

Agree with @LFCMike this gets decided Mid-April. You get the feeling that if City incur any problems it will come in the Champions League and how the domestic league matches rotate post that. This week is a prime example of it, they'll play the second leg of their fixture and be pushed a bit more leading into a game with a team that has been so up and down that no one knows what they'll turn up with on the day. 

Having said all that I am glad we have more home fixtures than away ones (1 more precisely) because if the jump does come I feel that's going to be a contributing factor. Out of all the teams we're playing I think Chelsea and Tottenham are the two wild cards of the whole lot because they have the personnel to cause us all kinds of problems. 

It's also that time of the season, when teams get desperate and start doing all kind of weird things like winning games they shouldn't be even if they are the 20th team in the league. Desperation messes any kind of prediction because it can bring out traits in those teams who you think will just roll over and give in when the reality is that they'll play out of their skin for a draw.

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Our issue is drawing games. Bit like the 08 season when we drew too many games, and United despite losing more games won the league. 

If I am being honest I can only see City dropping points against United and Palace. I agree with @LFCMike. It will decided in April. 

We will murder this United side, more likely to drop points against a team we are not as motivated for

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will murder this United side, more likely to drop points against a team we are not as motivated for

They are actually ripe for the taking by a better attacking unit and it was evident in their game against PSG. You'll won't struggle against them and you're right it will come from some bogey team whose game gets slotted in-between a CL fixture list.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

And that's meant to prove things wrong xD

I'm not entirely sure what my point was in my drunken mind but I think I was probably trying to say that it's not 'mad' that they've turned it around at this point.

Interesting that the media is going with Liverpool’s inability to score of late, completely not bothering to mention they’ve conceded once since the start of February, to West Ham on 4th Feb. 

City have actually only won two of their last three games, scoring one goal in each win. They had the 0-0 with Chelsea and 1-0’s against West Ham and Bournemouth. 

Not really been highlighted by the media, either point. Granted City are still winning but they’re used to doing so by more than a one goal margin. I was a little shocked by that Liverpool one, I didn’t have a clue but they’re solid at the back, something that’s a huge positive. 

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You get the feeling that if City incur any problems it will come in the Champions League and how the domestic league matches rotate post that. This week is a prime example of it, they'll play the second leg of their fixture and be pushed a bit more leading into a game with a team that has been so up and down that no one knows what they'll turn up with on the day. 

With 3 away goals to the good and the way we dominated them i think we can rest most the 1st team in this one tbh for the league game

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

They’re going to roll over, drop their pants, and spread their arsecheeks for you 

We obviously have the disadvantage in this title race when they have the most expensive squad in the country and they have a full second XI that would probably finish 6th in the league at worse.

Only way we win it now is if we’re very lucky 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

With 3 away goals to the good and the way we dominated them i think we can rest most the 1st team in this one tbh for the league game

Think it all depends on which Watford shows up. If you get the same lumps that showed up in our game you won't just beat them you'll send them back in time.

On 04/03/2019 at 07:57, Stan said:

9 games to go for Man City & Liverpool.

Who comes out on top by the end of play on 12th May?

Fixtures for both

Man City:
Watford (H)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Tottenham (H)
Man Utd (A)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool:
Burnley (H)
Fulham (A)
Tottenham (H)
Southampton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

image.png

Watford, Fulham, Tottenham, Burnley & Cardiff all have to be played by both so could have a big say in who eventually wins.

My guess is

City will lose to United and win everything else. 

Liverpool will draw with spurs and Chelsea and win everything else. 

Enough to make it interesting on the final day but only just. 

Archived