talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Title Run-In...

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Don't think we can accuse Liverpool of bottling it if they don't win the title. Only lost once and are set to finish with a points total that would have won them the league most seasons.

They bottled it at Goodison. Where they lost the title. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Don't think we can accuse Liverpool of bottling it if they don't win the title. Only lost once and are set to finish with a points total that would have won them the league most seasons.

Mad ain't it?

If they finish on 97 points (winning all their remaining games), they'd have been champions in all but 1 season (last season).

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They bottled it at Goodison. Where they lost the title. 

An away Merseyside Derby isn't somewhere you bottle it because anything can happen. 

I'd say one of our home draws could cost us though. 

Win the title or not though, I'll look back on this season with so much pride. We've pushed an amazing team with an amazing manager all the way. 

The strides we have took under Klopp, from what we were, is nothing short of brilliant. 

You can always look back through a season and go 'we should have won there', but who knows how things go if you had have done. If you'd won at Goodison you would have been ahead going into the final run in, would you have coped so well?

No Liverpool fan can seriously look at this season and pick holes in it, as we stand. If Man City blow their lead and then you fuck it up, then maybe.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

An away Merseyside Derby isn't somewhere you bottle it because anything can happen. 

I'd say one of our home draws could cost us though. 

Win the title or not though, I'll look back on this season with so much pride. We've pushed an amazing team with an amazing manager all the way. 

The strides we have took under Klopp, from what we were, is nothing short of brilliant. 

I'm only half joking. But Everton fans won't care. The stick you'll get from them if you win your remaining games and still not win the league, will be colossal. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Said before, but if we win our remaining games this isn't a season where you can pinpoint certain results for us. Man City would have won 14 in a row and 18 of their last 19 if they win it, that's ridiculous

Absolutely heartbreaking but sometimes you just have to acknowledge when someone is better. 

Fuck it......

COME ON UTD xD

I was expecting us to challenge for the top 4 this season and we’ve broken our points record in the premier league, if we don’t win it’s only because we’re up against this ridiculous City side. Not because we’ve bottled it.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm only half joking. But Everton fans won't care. The stick you'll get from them if you win your remaining games and still not win the league, will be colossal. 

I know, and I'd do the same to them...

o.O

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Absolutely heartbreaking but sometimes you just have to acknowledge when someone is better. 

Fuck it......

COME ON UTD xD

Someone on reddit said this is what it’ll be like for us watching the match today: 

pretty accurate I think

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Don't worry, if we don't win the title it' because we lost at Newcastle mate, them 3pts would of cost us the title, fuck manU :coffee:

If you lot beat Utd 8 - 0 tonight, I'll still laugh xD

This kind of tension is what challenging is all about mate. 

Utd are just a fucking obstacle :D

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you lot beat Utd 8 - 0 tonight, I'll still laugh xD

This kind of tension is what challenging is all about mate. 

Utd are just a fucking obstacle :D

If we win 8-0 mate i'm going to kick the door off next door and ask them what the score is :rofl: (they rags) 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm from Liverpool and most of the Liverpool fans I know cant bring themselves to want Utd to win, so it's not that weird. 

As i said though, if they do then I'd take that but it's the least positive way I'd like us to win it. 

Shoot me now but I dont want them fuckers to have anything to do with us at this stage. 

I was actually tongue in cheek when I said 'COME ON CITY' btw. 

That's such a bizarre way of looking at it though. They have to win tonight really or else 4th is a long long long shot. They will be gutted that it'll do us a massive favour, not happy because they can rub it in our face if we win the title.

Either way, so what? It'll be our first title in 30 years. I don't care if the winning goal tonight bounces off Ashley Young's arse in to the city net, if it means we win the league then I'll be greatful to Mr Young for a lifetime. 

Tonight I will be happily cheering on Pogba & the lads.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That's such a bizarre way of looking at it though. They have to win tonight really or else 4th is a long long long shot. They will be gutted that it'll do us a massive favour, not happy because they can rub it in our face if we win the title.

Either way, so what? It'll be our first title in 30 years. I don't care if the winning goal tonight bounces off Ashley Young's arse in to the city net, if it means we win the league then I'll be greatful to Mr Young for a lifetime. 

Tonight I will be happily cheering on Pogba & the lads.

I dont mean this in a condescending way at all, but when you have lived your life in and amongst Liverpool and Utd fans, with everything that has gone on within the last 40 years or so, it's really really hard to want Utd to win, even if in a way you do. 

Hard to explain mate to be honest. 

I wont be cheering Utd on tonight but if we win the league because they win or draw then I'll be happy of course. It's just not my choice of circumstance. 

I won't be watching tonight but I'll have the score updates on my phone. If United to go ahead or equalise* i defo think I'll let out a little cheer. I despise the cunts but I want the title more

*It won't happen

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No chance, he's the ultimate professional. Liverpool may rest players anyway, if Manchester City beat Burnley it's done and they should just focus on Barcelona.

No way will that be the mindset of anyone at the club. Some fans maybe, but it shouldn't be

11 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Now I know how Liverpool fans felt during the 90s/00s/10s

Do you? You’ve only been dogshite for about 5 odd years. Bit presumptuous to think that’s the same as 30 years of being a pretender rather than a contender (minus the few years we did contend/win stuff)

Give Woodward 25 more years for the full experience 

Archived