talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid (3) 1-4 (5) Ajax (2nd Leg) - Tuesday 5th March, 2019

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst time possible to get a cold. I was knocked out and missed possibly the shock of the decade.

Well done Ajax. I didn't see this coming.

• Subscriber

This Ajax team came out today and showed absolutely no respect at all for their opposition and walked away the winners. If I think back to some of the ludicrous decisions, the best one being against Bayern in this competition for RM then football did win today. I am glad they knocked them out and move forwards. They'll bounce back like they always do but I hope they don't find that bounce for another 20 years so we can see some new winners in the competition.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

If they qualify :whistling:.

Could be in the Europa League too. Although I have a hard time believing Real Madrid won't qualify for the CL. They're one of those clubs, like Juventus, where they seem to always get things done... even if it's done in a dodgy manner.

Ajax so good tonight, what a fucking performance and 4 sensational goals. Love Donny Van De Beek and Tagliafico would have both at Arsenal in a heartbeat.

Dusan Tadic was the star man though, can't believe the performance he put in tonight, was absolutely world class.

• Subscriber

I thought it was done when Real Madrid won 1-2 in Amsterdam but did say when the draw was made that it wasn't a given at all that Real Madrid got through this one. They've been a shambles all season and Ajax seem to be doing a bit of a Monaco a couple of years ago where they've got an excellent crop of players together at once. There's a reason they gave Bayern two excellent games.

What actually happened though was stunning. Delighted to see it happen to a genuinely likeable club.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I thought it was done when Real Madrid won 1-2 in Amsterdam but did say when the draw was made that it wasn't a given at all that Real Madrid got through this one. They've been a shambles all season and Ajax seem to be doing a bit of a Monaco a couple of years ago where they've got an excellent crop of players together at once. There's a reason they gave Bayern two excellent games.

What actually happened though was stunning. Delighted to see it happen to a genuinely likeable club.

It's fantastic and hugely refreshing, but also tragic as you know the crows will descend in the summer and look to pick apart their entire team... like Monaco the question becomes "how long can they stay up for?"

They need a Daniel levy. 

• The title was changed to Real Madrid (3) 1-4 (5) Ajax (2nd Leg) - Tuesday 5th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived