talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favorite Teams in Different Leagues

football forum

Place to proclaim which leagues you care about, and which team(s) in said league you like. Doesn't have to be die supporter or anything. 

I'll start it off

EPL:  none
La Liga : None, but I'm searching
Serie A : Internazionale, also like Palermo (soon to be Serie B), and Foggia (soon to be Serie B)
Bundesliga : Monchengladbach, also Prussen Munster (3. Liga)
MLS Atlanta United
Ligue 1 : Marseille 
Egpytian : Al Ahly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premier League, soon to be Championship - Sunderland - My Mum's birthplace and my Grandad's team. Wouldn't say I'm a fan but I check for their score.

League Two, soon to be Conference - Leyton Orient, obvious reasons.

Bundesliga - FC Koln, went last September and really enjoyed everything about the day and I liked the city, too.

18 minutes ago, ATL said:

Place to proclaim which leagues you care about, and which team(s) in said league you like. Doesn't have to be die supporter or anything. 

I'll start it off

EPL:  none
La Liga : None, but I'm searching
Serie A : Internazionale, also like Palermo (soon to be Serie B), and Foggia (soon to be Serie B)
Bundesliga : Monchengladbach, also Prussen Munster (3. Liga)
MLS Atlanta United
Ligue 1 : Marseille 
Egpytian : Al Ahly

From Inter all the way to Palermo... A cross via the massive divide of culture and understanding. How does that work?

But you like Real Madrid even though you haven't added it and that tells my calculating brain a lot of things. B|

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

From Inter all the way to Palermo... A cross via the massive divide of culture and understanding. How does that work?

But you like Real Madrid even though you haven't added it and that tells my calculating brain a lot of things. B|

Inter is the easy one - First ever match, spent some time there and just love the city. I just sat on the Blue side which is why it's Inter and not AC. 

Palermo is because I love the Godfather and Sicily. I wasn't able to go, but I would love to one day.

I don't like Real, I just don't hate them. in La Liga, the two teams I like the most is probably Real Betis, Villareal, and even Cadiz back when they were in the top division. 

Well, I do not support any team in a foreign league, but I do like Arsenal in England, Olympique Marseille in France and US Palermo in Italy. 

In Spain I do like Barcelona, because they are just kind of special. 

Germany. Werder Bremen

England. Wolverhampton

Spain. I hope every team has a plane crash

Italy. Napoli, on the field only, off the field they are as scummy as the rest. Hopefully the other Italian teams planes crash into the Spanish ones

Australia. Plane crash outbreak

Internationals. Germany, Hungary, Austria.

Peru: Universitario

The only team I would celebrate for. I started supporting them because they were my family club, and once I got introduced to Peruvian football I got hooked. I would even record the midday games on weekdays just to not miss a game. I've not had much reason to celebrate as of late as everything seems to go wrong for La U these days, but a long list of history to be proud of as a fan.

Italy: Napoli

The only other team that I claim to "support" although that said I support them in results and watch all their games. I'd be very happy if they ever win a major honour but I wouldn't celebrate it.

Colombia: Atletico Nacional

I should really be leaning towards Junior in Colombia considering my father's lived in Barranquilla and was a Junior fan in his time there, but I've always leaned more towards Los Verdolagas. I fell in love with the team in 2014 that had Alex Mejia and Edwin Cardona. I liked the team in 2016 that won the Copa Libertadores even more. Both were a joy to watch.

Argentina: Boca Juniors

First team I liked in football, although when I liked them I didn't really care about football. I watched their games from time to time and when I was getting into it I watched them consistently. Unfortunately, I couldn't claim them as my football team in the end but I continue having a soft spot for them

Brazil: Flamengo

This one is more recent. Paolo Guerrero and Miguel Trauco

I admire a lot of Spanish and Italian clubs. I look at clubs like Celta, Athletic, Atletico, Sevilla, and Sociedad and camt help but feel admiration. Then I look at Valencia and Im saddened

Just now, Anton said:

Australia: Perth Glory

Japan: Thespakusatsu Gunma

Germany: Werder Bremen

Italy: Lazio

England: Used to be United when I was a kid/teenager. 

Bremen fan AND a violent right winger. You just became my best buddy on this forum. Sorry to Blake and Machado, you have been relegated.

Just now, Tanksie said:

Bremen fan AND a violent right winger. You just became my best buddy on this forum. Sorry to Blake and Machado, you have been relegated.

Haha!

Bremen is due to a great-grandmother being born there. I am very interested in family history, and apart from her it's very much England. I did a stadium tour of the weser-stadion back in 2012...in German.

Lazio is not only because I am definitely a violent right winger, but just had an amazing side in the late 90's.

PL: Arsenal

I league:  FC Bengaluru, they are the closest to my home town

I league 2: Fateh Hyderabad AFC, my hometown club, found just last season and hopefully they will promote to I league this year.

La Liga: None but have a liking towards Barcelona and Valencia

MLS: FC Dallas

Arsenal is one of the loves of my life (I have to say one of because I'm married and with a son now).  But aside from that, teams I like and something more...

Spain: Barça, Lugo

Italy: SSC Napoli

Scotland Celtic

Portugal: Benfica

Netherlands: Ajax

Argentina: River Plate

Apart from Barcelona and CD Lugo which have particular reasons for me to be attached to them (I also have sympathies for Celta) then the other sides I've mentioned are because I follow their results or there's something historic I love about them and I have tremendous respect for the clubs.  With Napoli, I've always liked them, then I ended up marrying a woman from there...  Plus they play the best football in Italy but never win anything.

• Administrator

Other than Leicester, can't say I support any one else obviously. I'll look out for other teams' results, though.

England - Bedford Town, for geographical reasons. Brackley Town as my best mate's brother plays for them in goal so I look out for their results especially. 

Italy - Juventus, predominantly. Used to love the squad they had, along with Parma. Some memorable players have played for both. 

Spain - Barcelona. For reasons similar to Cannabis. Love Spain as a country any way and growing up watching players like Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi etc speaks for itself. Also have a soft spot for Atletico Madrid as I saw my first foreign game at their stadium in October 2012 when they beat Malaga. Love the Vicente Calderon stadium, too. Will be a little upset when that gets demolished. 

Germany - Dortmund. Like their style of play and think I've just had a respect for them and their fans and that 'yellow wall'. 

Australia - last couple of years I've started watching the A-League thanks to BT Sport coverage. Not the greatest standard of football in the world but enjoyable to watch on a hungover Saturday or Sunday morning xD. Don't really have a team for those reasons. At a push, probably Melbourne City as they have players that I can associate with and actually know something about, mainly Tim Cahill.

Soft spot for Middlesbrough due to family, don't mind Swindon again due to family and friends being that way. Abroad I've a soft spot for Bordeaux simply because I went on holiday there about 4 times as a kid, never got to see a game mind, just bought their shirt.

I used to like Barce for the high quality football and homegrown talents but the shit they constantly pull down the years with tapping up and turning on the fucking sprinklers because they lost puts them in the same category as Real Madrid for me.

Can't say I have any others, I don't get the Dortmund hype, yeah once upon a time they done well but the whole arrogance about them and the Bundesliga in general put me right off, "oh look at us we know how to handle money in Germany, look how good we are not spending as much as clubs in England"...that mantra done them well when they got bailed out by Bayern. Also their "lottery" for Champions League final...they had crowds of something like 12000 when they were at their worst? And now because 68000 have jumped back on since, the loyal fans weren't rewarded for a night they would never have thought possible when they were in the shit financially. Overall just a self-righteous ballbag of a club.

I managed to turn a favourite teams thread into a rant, class.

Stoke: We all know my story

Philadelphia Union: Born and raised on the playground is where i spent most of my days

Real Madrid: Everyone loves Barcelona and Messi and I think just because my confrontational nature I think I just started rooting for them. They are a world class team no matter what anyone thinks, it can't be denied. Also I do love Ronaldo and Ramos.... :D fight me Sir Balon...

• Subscriber

Germany - other than Werder, I have a soft spot and follow the scores of Eintracht Braunschweig and Preußen Münster (friends' influence)

Netherlands - FC Groningen (lived there for a few years and attended their matches during that time)

Italy - Juventus (just some 90s/early 2000s nostalgia)

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Germany - other than Werder, I have a soft spot and follow the scores of Eintracht Braunschweig and Preußen Münster (friends' influence)

Netherlands - FC Groningen (lived there for a few years and attended their matches during that time)

Italy - Juventus (just some 90s/early 2000s nostalgia)

any British clubs you have soft spots for?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

any British clubs you have soft spots for?

No, not really... I used to watch quite a lot of EPL 10-15 years back when I had the package on my sat provider, but always found it hard to make any sort of emotional connection to any club. Sort of had a soft spot for Arsenal due to their style of play, youth policy and continuity though.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, not really... I used to watch quite a lot of EPL 10-15 years back when I had the package on my sat provider, but always found it hard to make any sort of emotional connection to any club. Sort of had a soft spot for Arsenal due to their style of play, youth policy and continuity though.

ahh, so now you're Wenger Out? :D 

Archived