Favorite Teams in Different Leagues

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

ahh, so now you're Wenger Out? :D 

haha, no, now I just don't care... Haven't followed English football for at least 5-7 years. My only British football connection these days is a photo of Leicester City on my Singha beer cans :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Arsenal's youth policy? 

I was always under impression that they were signing more youngsters and giving more chances to youth academy players compared to other clubs. 

England: Liverpool, my dad likes them for some reason. Plus they're not southern and there's an underdog quality. Plus cliched Celtic-Liverpool connection. 

Germany: Borussia Dortmund, I remember my dad telling me about Sammer and Paul Lambert winning the CL, and Lambert then going to Celtic. Then of course the Klopp revival and some of the stunning performances they gave in Europe in those years.

Italy: AC Milan. Partly for the historical role they've played in the history of football with Sacchi, and also because my brother and I were in awe of the Ancelotti team when we were wee.

Netherlands: Ajax, because I love Amsterdam, loved reading about the Ajax team from the 1970s, and I've had many great FM saves with them.

Spain: none, but particularly hate Real Madrid. Loved Guardiola's Barca, but been more of a detached admirer since. I really admire Athletic Bilbao too.

Intl: Since Scotland never qualify for anything, at major tournaments I root for Germany. Because I have good friends from there, I like the country, and German's the only foreign language I have a decent understanding of.

37 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I basically just like these, hardly support or any kind of following.

La Liga : Valencia
Serie A : Lazio
Bundesliga : Kaiserslautern, even though not of the Bundesliga.
Ligue 1 : Auxxere, also not of Ligue 1
Holland: Feyenoord

So predictable, how wouldn't you since you played there for so many years..

Archived