talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG (3) 1-3a (3) Man Utd (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 6th March, 2019

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not expecting any miracles, more like 2-1 PSG but you never know, who would have ever predicted a 1-4 Real v Ajax score last night? just looking forward to next season and if we do win tonight and I say IF then we still won't win the Champions League, a top 4 finish in the EPL will do me.  :coffee:

Would be good to see United giving it a good go but feel PSG will have a little too much for them to overcome, all depends who bags the first goal, PSG get it then it's probably game over, if United get it then at least we have a game on.. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Not expecting any miracles, more like 2-1 PSG but you never know, who would have ever predicted a 1-4 Real v Ajax score last night? just looking forward to next season and if we do win tonight and I say IF then we still won't win the Champions League, a top 4 finish in the EPL will do me.  :coffee:

Slight bit of difference in what happened last night. Ajax were actually very good in their own right in the first leg. I don't think you'll will overcome PSG at their ground because they'll be out to close it early. Yes they have injuries but you'll are missing your most influential midfielder due to a red card and I don't think your current midfield can hold or contain their attack force. Still, this is the CL and stranger things have happened over the years. 

This is the expected lineup? 

De Gea
Young, Lindelöf, Smalling, Shaw
Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Dalot
Lukaku, Rashford

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Slight bit of difference in what happened last night. Ajax were actually very good in their own right in the first leg. I don't think you'll will overcome PSG at their ground because they'll be out to close it early. Yes they have injuries but you'll are missing your most influential midfielder due to a red card and I don't think your current midfield can hold or contain their attack force. Still, this is the CL and stranger things have happened over the years. 

This is the expected lineup? 

De Gea
Young, Lindelöf, Smalling, Shaw
Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Dalot
Lukaku, Rashford

That midfield...yikes

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

That midfield...yikes

I don't see how anyone (except their supporters) can be hopeful here. Maybe they pull through and find a goal by pushing it up fast but I just don't see how that midfield is outdoing the way PSG lineup. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I absolutely hate these lineup videos. I get the effort put in to them and I appreciate it but it's so tedious to skim through the video just to see the fucking lineup, let alone memorize it.

I do TOTW lineups for my website but I make sure to have them all on the screen. The way it should be. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Thiago Silva was so badly positioned there. Essentially gifted that goal.

Looking at it again, both Kehler and Silva had their faults but credit to Lukaku for pressuring the backline.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Thiago Silva was so badly positioned there. Essentially gifted that goal.

what? It was a shit pass from Kehrer, played behind him unnecessarily. Weak pass was more to blame than Silva's positioning.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

what? It was a shit pass from Kehrer, played behind him unnecessarily. Weak pass was more to blame than Silva's positioning.

I adressed this in the next post. You're right, although I do think Silva was a bit high up. Lukaku deserves credit for being there at the right time.

• The title was changed to PSG (3) 1-3a (3) Man Utd (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 6th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived