talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG (3) 1-3a (3) Man Utd (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 6th March, 2019

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

There's just so much wrong with that decision I don't know where to start. There was about 0.3 seconds between the shot and the ball hitting Kimpembe. How the fuck can that be a deliberate handball, he wasn't even looking? 

I have no love for either of these. If I had to choose I'd say I'd prefer to see United progress, but from a purely competitive point of view it's absolutely disgusting to see a tie of this magnitude decided under such farcical circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Did seem a bit odd given he had his back to it but the rules are stating that if a player makes himself bigger in that situation by spreading arms out etc it can be given... and it was

When the shot was a metre away, I really don't think he had a whole lot of time to even think about moving his arm.

To me, he turned the other way to avoid conceding the penalty.

Congrats to United, but honestly I feel like this is PSG's loss more than United's win.

• Administrator

Fair play from Man Utd. That's quality regardless of the penalty/VAR  decision at the end. 

They kept themselves in the tie and the game on the night and had the belief. They've done a seriously good job with a seriously depleted squad. PSG may have got complacent but Man Utd still had a hell of a job to do, scoring 3 away from home at a team like PSG. They could have crumbled & collapsed after PSG got the equaliser.

Gotta give them credit.

• The title was changed to PSG (3) 1-3a (3) Man Utd (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 6th March, 2019

PSG are severely unlucky to have the ref make that utter disgrace of a decision, it's an absolute joke that he's looked at that again and given the pen. 

That being said, PSG we're shite tonight. They could and should have beaten this Utd side. But instead they came out with arrogance as if they had already won the tie. Absolute bottlers.

For the first time in European/Champions League history a side that was 2-0 down from the first leg has turned it around and won... all that have gone before have never turned the deficit around... 

Good time to be a United fan... 

Just now, 6666 said:

Mbappe had 2 great chances to give PSG the equaliser before the penalty but fell over both times. Overrated kick and chase footballer who can't control the ball. :coffee:

He's not overrated but this is the second year in a row he's choked in a big game for PSG. That's got to be questioned.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

PSG are a vile club, but they have been robbed here. VAR with another shocking decision which is routine now. This is another level.

I feel for Kimpembe. He's been done by an absurd penalty.

The technology is useful. Part of what it does is expose how shockingly bad the referees or video assistants or just the rules of football are.

Its arguably a penalty if you slow it down to 10% speed. How much common sense does it take to realise that at full speed, there's no way Kimpembe can react and get his arm out of the way there? Obviously too much.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Mbappe had 2 great chances to give PSG the equaliser before the penalty but fell over both times. Overrated kick and chase footballer who can't control the ball. :coffee:

Thank you. A miss in each leg from mbappe was costly, am glad as they wouldn’t stop wanking over him, was bad as when Kane plays, they ejaculate all game.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

For the first time in European/Champions League history a side that was 2-0 down from the first leg has turned it around and won... all that have gone before have never turned the deficit around... 

Good time to be a United fan... 

Deportivo turned over a bigger deficit though.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

The technology is useful. Part of what it does is expose how shockingly bad the referees or video assistants or just the rules of football are.

Its arguably a penalty if you slow it down to 10% speed. How much common sense does it take to realise that at full speed, there's no way Kimpembe can react and get his arm out of the way there? Obviously too much.

I'm willing to give it time after how it did at the World Cup. However, if the referee's continue to be incompetent, VAR won't improve. I always hear "VAR isn't the problem, it's the referee's" but guess who is in charge of VAR?

I see it like driving. Practice makes perfect. 

Players shouldn't be able to throw their arms when blocking shots just so long as they look away. If you gain an advantage from consciously spreading your arms it should be a pen.

Kimpbembe is practically leading with his arm.

Unbelievable, checking my old heart here, but man I feel 20 years younger, just like 99.

I am bias of course, but looked a penalty to me, but than again I don't give a shit if it was or wasn't.  Were through to the next round and that's all that matters.

Just now, Inverted said:

Maybe they mean just specifically the score of 2-0. 

But they're making it sound like a bigger record than it is.

Could be... sure as hell not going to be arsed to check those stats out.. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's not overrated but this is the second year in a row he's choked in a big game for PSG. That's got to be questioned.

He's a very good player, especially for his age but he's overrated because people treat him as already being one of the best in the world which I don't think he is yet.

12 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

That's gone over my head. Sorry

In the Football Manager game, if your club has a promising young player, PSG and Man City always come along to steal him away from you. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived