Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Rennes 3-1 Arsenal (1st Leg) - Thursday 7th March, 2019

Kick-off 17.55

1200px-Stade_Rennais_FC.svg.png     VS     580b57fcd9996e24bc43c4df.png

Good start. Iwobi cross finds the bottom corner.

that offside call where Auba was one on one was a joke of a decision

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

that offside call where Auba was one on one was a joke of a decision

Yep. What happened to letting the attack go on and checking VAR after?

Just now, ...Dan said:

Yep. What happened to letting the attack go on and checking VAR after?

thick slovak officials 

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

thick slovak officials 

Oh I've just seen that there's no VAR in the EL until the final. Weird.

Second yellow wasn't even a foul. Terrible decisions from the officials. Hopefully they saw their mistakes at half time and correct things. They need to let Aubameyang grab the ball with his hands and walk past the line for a goal.

Rennes players going down a bit easily I understand... not watching it myself 

everything that could have gone wrong tonight has done.

we'll still go through though.

1 minute ago, shut up said:

everything that could have gone wrong tonight has done.

we'll still go through though.

That's the old PSG/Madrid spirit right there... 

Apparently Arsenal have never lost an away game against French opposition.... 

Brilliant break for the 3rd goal. Sarr is a very good player. 

43 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Second yellow wasn't even a foul. Terrible decisions from the officials. Hopefully they saw their mistakes at half time and correct things. They need to let Aubameyang grab the ball with his hands and walk past the line for a goal.

It was clearly a foul

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

It was clearly a fowl

What type... Chicken or Turkey??? 

• Haha 2

we controlled the game until Sokratis decided to go full bundesliga on us. We'll deal with these at the emirates no bother, they're not a great side tbh

Sokratis and Aubameyang have to be two of the most overrated players to ever play for this club. Shockingly shite in full control until that useless Greek idiot went and got sent off. Hard to fault Emery but his decisions when was down to 10 were mind boggling. 

Love the fact we managed to get counter attacked whilst down to 10 men, absolutely horrific.

12 minutes ago, shut up said:

beating them 2-0 at home is easily achievable 

You reckon you're keeping them out on that showing?

I think you've fucked this one me. I reckon Rennes go through.

Things have got to improve next season. I've always said I thought he should be given two season and I still do but if things don't improve next season it isn't good enough

12 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sokratis and Aubameyang have to be two of the most overrated players to ever play for this club. Shockingly shite in full control until that useless Greek idiot went and got sent off. Hard to fault Emery but his decisions when was down to 10 were mind boggling. 

Love the fact we managed to get counter attacked whilst down to 10 men, absolutely horrific.

shows how poor the bundesliga is really. Auba really struggles unless he's in the box, misses so many chances, Lacazette is much better.

Xhaka is the one I despise the most though. It's a shame his parents escaped the Yugoslav Wars.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly there is about 5 players I'd genuinely keep in this squad and one of them is off to Turin on a free. So much shite brought by us over the years and no one seems to want to believe it.

£110m on Laca and Auba, two players who cannot play together. £40m on Leno and Sokratis and our defence is actually worse. Let's not forget £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi and £17m for Lucas Perez only to sell him 2 seasons later for £4m. If we are being totally honest none of these players have improved us, we're getting worse...

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

shows how poor the bundesliga is really. Auba really struggles unless he's in the box, misses so many chances, Lacazette is much better.

Xhaka is the one I despise the most though. It's a shame his parents escaped the Yugoslav Wars.

I think Laca is massively overrated is he really a £30m upgrade on Giroud? Good finisher but again a player thay wasn't needed, but of course the fans love him because he does some shitty little dances and coat £50m...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Aubamayang has been shite for yous. Totally agreed.

People will look at his goals and think wow he is performing well, but he honestly can't hold the ball up for toffee and is genuinely one of the worst dribblers of the ball I have ever seen. Can't pass and isn't really that quick. 

Very good in the box striker, but it's clear why no top club came after him when he was firing at Dortmund, he just isn't elite.

Arsenal's defence has been fairly shocking for a while now anyway. A performance like tonight just emphasises it. 

A club of their stature with players like Sokratis, Mustafi, an ageing Monreal. Koscielny used to be decent but injuries seem to have got the better of him. 

Their squad needs so much work to start challenging regularly for trophies. 

Officiating was poor but our performance was pretty shit as usual away from home. Still expect us to turn things around in the second leg.

Aubameyang has been so poor away from home, he is too casual just strolling around, Arsenal need to cash in on him as he is 30 in June.