talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rennes 3-1 Arsenal (1st Leg) - Thursday 7th March, 2019

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second yellow wasn't even a foul. Terrible decisions from the officials. Hopefully they saw their mistakes at half time and correct things. They need to let Aubameyang grab the ball with his hands and walk past the line for a goal.

43 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Second yellow wasn't even a foul. Terrible decisions from the officials. Hopefully they saw their mistakes at half time and correct things. They need to let Aubameyang grab the ball with his hands and walk past the line for a goal.

It was clearly a foul

Sokratis and Aubameyang have to be two of the most overrated players to ever play for this club. Shockingly shite in full control until that useless Greek idiot went and got sent off. Hard to fault Emery but his decisions when was down to 10 were mind boggling. 

Love the fact we managed to get counter attacked whilst down to 10 men, absolutely horrific.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, shut up said:

beating them 2-0 at home is easily achievable 

You reckon you're keeping them out on that showing?

I think you've fucked this one me. I reckon Rennes go through.

Things have got to improve next season. I've always said I thought he should be given two season and I still do but if things don't improve next season it isn't good enough

Honestly there is about 5 players I'd genuinely keep in this squad and one of them is off to Turin on a free. So much shite brought by us over the years and no one seems to want to believe it.

£110m on Laca and Auba, two players who cannot play together. £40m on Leno and Sokratis and our defence is actually worse. Let's not forget £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi and £17m for Lucas Perez only to sell him 2 seasons later for £4m. If we are being totally honest none of these players have improved us, we're getting worse...

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

shows how poor the bundesliga is really. Auba really struggles unless he's in the box, misses so many chances, Lacazette is much better.

Xhaka is the one I despise the most though. It's a shame his parents escaped the Yugoslav Wars.

I think Laca is massively overrated is he really a £30m upgrade on Giroud? Good finisher but again a player thay wasn't needed, but of course the fans love him because he does some shitty little dances and coat £50m...

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Aubamayang has been shite for yous. Totally agreed.

People will look at his goals and think wow he is performing well, but he honestly can't hold the ball up for toffee and is genuinely one of the worst dribblers of the ball I have ever seen. Can't pass and isn't really that quick. 

Very good in the box striker, but it's clear why no top club came after him when he was firing at Dortmund, he just isn't elite.

• Administrator

Arsenal's defence has been fairly shocking for a while now anyway. A performance like tonight just emphasises it. 

A club of their stature with players like Sokratis, Mustafi, an ageing Monreal. Koscielny used to be decent but injuries seem to have got the better of him. 

Their squad needs so much work to start challenging regularly for trophies. 

• The title was changed to Rennes 3-1 Arsenal (1st Leg) - Thursday 7th March, 2019

The "sell all the players" reaction is always ridiculous. In terms of talent, there isn't an issue when up against a team like Rennes especially when it comes to Aubameyang who's doing here what he's done at Dortmund. Not be involved in a lot of the general play but still score goals. He's currently going through a bad patch but to say he's not been good at Arsenal is just moronic.

It was a poor performance where if Aubameyang wasn't wrongly called offside just before Sokratis received a harsh second yellow, then it could've been a different game. Tactically, Emery changing things every game results in inconsistency where the team look like they're playing together for the first time. Playing the last 10 minutes without a striker and without any wingers is something I still can't figure out. Emery is trying to be too clever and it ends up not making any sense. Needs to find a way he wants the team to play and stick to it, stop being so experimental.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived