• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are Blackburn heading for relegation?

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Don't be ridiculous. Not a chance they're going down purely based on the fact they'll get more points in those 11 games and there are 3 teams that are much worse than them below them at the moment.

It'll be one of Rotherham, Reading or Wigan I'd say.

We don't have a bad squad by any stretch, our downfall is the fact we only play for the first 80 minutes, 4 of the last 5 games we have conceded in the final 10 minutes, and 3 we have dropped points because of it. Based on current form to the end of the season I only really fancy us beating Wigan and Bolton, but as the rest have said we have enough hopefully in the bag already to negate this - there are thre worse teams than us come May easily.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is Dack still injured?

Not sure if he's playing with an injury but he's played a part in every game since September, according to Transfermarkt.

I know he and Graham got injured in a game a few weeks ago but he's still playing...

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

I had to check the table after I read this thread as my initial reaction was "surely not".

Having checked it, my answer is "surely not".

Yeah I don’t think they will either but thought that 1 point from the last 18 was too good not to mention...especially after Mowbray just said they need to defend like men 😂

It's a serious wobble but they should be ok.  Two wins would just about do it I think.

Plus once Shearer, Sutton, Hendry and Sherwood are fit again, they'll only improve further.

At the start of the season I was expecting a relegation battle, so to start the season off looking like a side capable of promotion for the first half of it was encouraging in itself. I've always said that this season is all about survival and I think at this stage and that will still be the case I believe.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's a serious wobble but they should be ok.  Two wins would just about do it I think.

Plus once Shearer, Sutton, Hendry and Sherwood are fit again, they'll only improve further.

Think that'll be a while. He's got some kind of grievance.

Not a chance. I think Reading will come down with us and Ipswich - I really admire Rotherham's resolve and they can actually score goals. Wigan will scrape safety, to my annoyance. Nobody else worth mentioning in the drop race, those three (plus the doomed two) are way off the pace. 

Archived