talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bolton Wanderers - Takeover Completed

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9b13cbda07d04378691a8d16d50fd917.png

Bolton Wanderers: Adjournment in Bassini case paves way for the sale of League One club

The sale of financially-troubled Bolton Wanderers appears ready to go through after the court order blocking a takeover was adjourned.

The order issued by Laurence Bassini was also amended, with the injunction now between him and a company owned by ex-Bolton chairman Ken Anderson.

The case relates to a failed bid by Bassini to buy the club from Anderson.

Having proceedings adjourned until 2 September paves the way for Football Ventures to complete a deal.

The issue of the court order of 8 August suspended the already protracted takeover of the League One club, with Bolton's joint administrator Paul Appleton saying the sale had been "on the brink on completion" at the time.

FULL REPORT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this means two things:

- The takeover can finally happen

- Laurence Bassini and Ken Anderson are never again mentioned in the same breath as BWFC

But, as we've come to expect, there will be many hurdles to overcome. Think of the wildest thing you can imagine to happen over the coming weeks, and there will undoubtedly be something far more left-field/insane to hit us like a sledgehammer to the skull, once again.

First thing in this whole saga that has really bothered me. Seems they did it without consulting either the EFL or Doncaster Rovers too. Can the rest of us now postpone games on a whim because our squads are fucked? I admire the efforts of the youngsters so far but if you cannot muster a starting XI then you should forfeit the fixture in my opinion.

They’ll do this but expect all football clubs to play two games in three days over Easter? Where’s the player welfare there?

The EFaiL will no doubt issue them with a fine over this at a later date but won’t do anything in-house to prevent other clubs suffering a similar fate. It’ll take a club or clubs going bust for action to be taken against the EFaiL but it’s too little, too late.

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

They’ll do this but expect all football clubs to play two games in three days over Easter? Where’s the player welfare there?

The EFaiL will no doubt issue them with a fine over this at a later date but won’t do anything in-house to prevent other clubs suffering a similar fate. It’ll take a club or clubs going bust for action to be taken against the EFaiL but it’s too little, too late.

The difference being that these are kids who are getting roundly played off the park by fellow relegation fodder such as Rochdale and Tranmere. Where's the integrity of the league, in the first instance?

Never mind the fact that these untested 17 year old boys are picking up 2 or 3 injuries every game between them, simply due to them not actually being acclimatised to the rigour this profession demands. They aren't 'professionals', they're scholars, and to ask them to relentlessly carry the can at personal detriment on behalf of this club's failings would be nothing short of appalling. 

Anyway, the shit-stuffed circus at this club rumbles on. This is nowhere near over, especially with the owners of Boohoo fashion putting in for the hotel. Why? Backdoor into buying the club? Liquidate the assets for a quick buck, or invest in it as a sporting concern? I'm cynical. 

Also, that sweaty cunt Bassini has got the front to go spreading his insanity next to the Nat Lofthouse statue again tomorrow (how DARE he?!?) Hopefully he gets hit by a lorry on De Havilland Way. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.7b3236c6d94f156d40a606b253cfccfa.png

Phil Parkinson: Bolton Wanderers manager resigns from League One club

Bolton Wanderers manager Phil Parkinson and assistant Steve Parkin have resigned from their positions with the beleaguered League One club.

Wanderers have been in administration since May and said in a statement on Thursday they had accepted the resignations "with great reluctance".

Tuesday's fixture against Doncaster Rovers was postponed amid welfare concerns for younger players.

Academy boss Jimmy Phillips has been put in interim charge of the team.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.bc70410aea52dc2b145b7730704a0157.png

Bolton could face league expulsion after being given Tuesday deadline by EFL

Bolton Wanderers have been set a deadline of 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the club's sale or provide "credible plans" they can complete this season, or else face expulsion from the English Football League.

The League One club have been in administration since May.

They are the subject of a takeover bid by Football Ventures but the EFL are "concerned" by ongoing delays.

"The current situation cannot continue," the EFL said in a statement.

"If a successful conclusion to a sale is not found or there are no credible plans for the club to continue the season in administration by the planned board meeting at 17:00 BST on Tuesday 27 August 2019, then the EFL Board will consider lifting the suspension on the notice of withdrawal of the club's membership of the league."

Fellow League One side Bury were earlier given the same deadline to complete the sale of their club.

The proposed takeover of Bolton by Football Ventures has been beset with problems for weeks and is still waiting to be completed.

Laurence Bassini, who failed with his own bid to buy the club before it went into administration, was awarded a court order blocking the sale on 8 August.

That was amended and adjourned six days later, but it is still to be finalised.

The EFL added: "While it is understood as recently as (Friday) the parties were once again in a position to complete the formalities, there appears to be additional frustrating delays that are only serving to have a negative and detrimental impact.

"The EFL urges all parties to communicate and come together to find the necessary and final solutions so that Bolton Wanderers can start to plan for its long-term future and end months of uncertainty for all those associated with the club, in particular, the players, staff, supporters and the local Bolton community."

Wanderers, who started this season on -12 points for entering administration, have endured a difficult time on the pitch as a consequence of the ongoing uncertainty.

Boss Phil Parkinson and his assistant Steve Parkin quit in midweek before Bolton were beaten 5-0 at home to Ipswich on Saturday in front of 5,454 - the lowest attendance for a league game in the stadium's 22-year history.

It is the third game in a row that Bolton have conceded five goals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49462871

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.3915703ed9eb00f4345bcdcce5ac3968.png

Bolton's EFL future under renewed threat after takeover deal collapses

The latest takeover deal to buy Bolton has collapsed with administrators warning the "process of closing down the company" could begin on Wednesday.

The club has been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the sale or offer reasons for an extension, or face expulsion from the EFL.

Administrators say the club is currently not in a position to carry on trading.

That would lead to its liquidation and the loss of over 150 jobs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49470865

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Batard said:

Why did Bassini block the sale of the club?

The guys a twat putting it lightly.

Quote.thumb.png.c8e1b8dd3e9161290e7e6bfb71cff382.png

Football Ventures (Whites) Limited, a company headed by Sharon Brittan and Parminder Basran, have been confirmed as the preferred bidder for the sale of ailing League One club Bolton.

The company was registered in January with the purpose of buying the club.

Administrators Paul Appleton of David Rubin & Partners said they will now move towards completing the takeover.

"Football Ventures made the highest offer by a substantial margin," the administrators said.

FULL REPORT

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.8cd289b2ece154b536d8fe9b202ccdf2.png

Bolton Wanderers: Where next as financially troubled club face liquidation?

"It's heartbreaking. It cannot happen to the club and town. It's a devastating prospect."

Bolton Wanderers face one of the most crucial weeks in the club's 145-year history after they were left on the brink of liquidation on Monday.

A takeover of the club by Football Ventures collapsed at the weekend, plunging their immediate future into doubt.

But how did one of the founder members of the football league, who reached the last 16 of the Uefa Cup as little as 12 years ago, reach this point and where do they go now?

BBC Sport takes a look at what is next for this historic club as it faces the threat of extinction.

'The community does not deserve this'

FULL REPORT

• The title was changed to Bolton Wanderers - Takeover Collapses

While she is definitely warming up her vocal chords, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

I hope I don't have to comment on here between tears and sniffles tomorrow, but I'm currently optimistic that this is all just high level insolvency brinksmanship. 

I mean, we can't die like this.

Can we? 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, DepressedWanderer said:

While she is definitely warming up her vocal chords, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

I hope I don't have to comment on here between tears and sniffles tomorrow, but I'm currently optimistic that this is all just high level insolvency brinksmanship. 

I mean, we can't die like this.

Can we? 

Good luck mate.

Still alive, while Bury have died. 14 more days of torture, although, in reality, it could be over by the time I wake up (if I get to sleep), as the administrators have said that liquidation process is due to commence now.

It's increasingly looking like, if we survive this, Michael James needs a statue alongside Nat Lofthouse. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, DepressedWanderer said:

It's increasingly looking like, if we survive this, Michael James needs a statue alongside Nat Lofthouse.

And that bastard Bassini needs a good kicking, I just hope everything goes ok from now on buddy for you and all other long-time Bolton supporters.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

And that bastard Bassini needs a good kicking, I just hope everything goes ok from now on buddy for you and all other long-time Bolton supporters.

Oh he's a swivel eyed lunatic. Not a pot to piss in, hasn't put in any form of concrete bid, just stands in front of Nat while the local peer at him like a chimp in a zoo.

Even the rag redtops clearly don't take him seriously as all of his leaks come through the massive Jewish Telegraph.

• The title was changed to Bolton Wanderers - Takeover Completed
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359

Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned that the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

It looked to have collapsed on Monday, leading to bleak warnings about the future of the 145-year-old club.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, DepressedWanderer said:

Still alive, while Bury have died. 14 more days of torture, although, in reality, it could be over by the time I wake up (if I get to sleep), as the administrators have said that liquidation process is due to commence now.

You can sleep a bit better know @DepressedWanderer looks like you have been saved  :congrats:

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned that the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

It looked to have collapsed on Monday, leading to bleak warnings about the future of the 145-year-old club.

Archived