• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bolton Wanderers - Takeover Completed

football forum

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Don’t want to be seen to be attempting to put a dampener on things but anyone know how much this Football Ventures mob have, because it’s going to take a hell of a lot of money to get the club’s balance sheet back to £0?

That can be discussed tomorrow. 

All that matters is I have a club to support, and can now ask the admins to allow an early display name change ;)

Delighted. Even if it means that odious chode has made a fortune from the Eddie Davies Trust. Unfuckingbelievable that he's got away with this. 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-david-rubin--partners-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers3/

24 minutes ago, DepressedWanderer said:

All that matters is I have a club to support, and can now ask the admins to allow an early display name change ;)

Delighted. Even if it means that odious chode has made a fortune from the Eddie Davies Trust. Unfuckingbelievable that he's got away with this. 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-david-rubin--partners-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers3/

Sorry dear - I tried to do this but turns out only admins can. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DepressedWanderer said:

What would one like it changed to?

On 28/08/2019 at 22:43, Stan said:

What would one like it changed to?

I'm gonna dust off the old literary analysis and complex web of bullshittery from my English degree and go for 'Pig on the Wing', please. I haven't had a silly name on here since the old days, when I had 'Nolan4England' for a while, chortle.

Explanation for anyone who can be arsed:

- Celebration of Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason now being indirectly involved in the club through his wife (close to the title of one of their songs)

- Nod to the 'Trotters' nickname 

- Acknowledgement my youth playing style as a fat lad with no pace, but who could whip in a decent cross

Ta dah

8 minutes ago, DepressedWanderer said:

I'm gonna dust off the old literary analysis and complex web of bullshittery from my English degree and go for 'Pig on the Wing', please. I haven't had a silly name on here since the old days, when I had 'Nolan4England' for a while, chortle.

- Celebration of Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason now being indirectly involved in the club through his wife (close to the title of one of their songs)

- Acknowledgement my youth playing style as a fat lad with no pace, but who could whip in a decent cross

Ta dah

I like it, it's quality.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, DepressedWanderer said:

Ta dah

Lovely! 

It's done! 

10 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I expect a waive of free transfers joining Bolton today tbh. 

It’ll be some story if they stay up this year. 

Jack Hobbs signed, with plenty of others like Craig Conway, Will Buckley and other training with the club expected to sign soon. 

I hope they keep it under wraps, if they do sign any more. Let Gillingham assume they're playing the kiddies and then BAM, unleash our tired old journeymen. 

*Also, I suggested Sharon Brittan was Nick Mason's wife. Not so, just business partner. Never mind. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.f3cfb8fdc5bab49fa68ef4201f45a6f4.png

Keith Hill: Bolton Wanderers appoint ex-Rochdale boss as manager

Bolton Wanderers have appointed Keith Hill as their new manager, three days after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its takeover.

The League One club's future had been in doubt prior to the deal, with administrators warning of liquidation.

Bolton, bottom of the table on -11 points, suffered a third successive 5-0 league loss to Gillingham on Saturday.

Hill, 50, replaces Jimmy Phillips, who had been in caretaker charge since Phil Parkinson left on 22 August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49538882

That is an excellent appointment for where we are right now. Two Bolton boys running their hometown club, and known for attacking football.

Absolutely what we need to bring together our fanbase and build that 'us against the world' mentality we'll need if we have any hope of performing miracles this year. 

• Administrator

Bolton have made a lot of signings on deadline day today...

Notably:

Josh Emanuel from Ipswich
Chris O'Grady from Oldham
Will Buckley
Thibaud Verlinden on loan from Stoke
Liam Briductt on loan from Forest

Liam Bridcutt is a really good addition for them.

He's a fighter, just what they need. He did a decent job for us and I know he fell down the pecking order at Forest but to be fair, I would expect him to be a stand out player in League One in his position.

They also signed Daryl Murphy. Yes, he's a Championship journeyman but he will be the exact sort of experienced player the club will benefit from having, especially helping the youngsters. Still quite fit for his age too, he will get goals.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Signed 9 players on the deadline day, will these players provide quality to help them survive?

Definitely provide quality. Survival is too early to call. But they were heavily reliant on youngsters these first few games. Getting these players in certainly will help. 

Archived