The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-1 Watford - Saturday 9th March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It reflects hilariously on English football culture that this is who most fans desperately want to win league. 

I don't know about desperately but what you say rings true. City are an absolutely odious club and a PR machine for a highly corrupt regime in the Middle East, but we constantly let them trick us into forgetting it because they play attractive football and have a well-regarded manager.

Obviously as an Everton fan that's still better than Liverpool and I get that Liverpool fans still grate on neutrals but really anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in either club or a direct rival should prefer the shite to win the league as I'm not having those people who equate Liverpool's American owners to being in anyway comparable to the Sheikhs.

• The title was changed to Man City 3-1 Watford - Saturday 9th March, 2019
24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know about desperately but what you say rings true. City are an absolutely odious club and a PR machine for a highly corrupt regime in the Middle East, but we constantly let them trick us into forgetting it because they play attractive football and have a well-regarded manager.

Obviously as an Everton fan that's still better than Liverpool and I get that Liverpool fans still grate on neutrals but really anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in either club or a direct rival should prefer the shite to win the league as I'm not having those people who equate Liverpool's American owners to being in anyway comparable to the Sheikhs.

As someone who knows people like this, it's like mental far-leftists who dismiss everything in capitalism as being equally bad. 

Like yeah giant sports corporations are bad but authoritarian oil states are worse. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived