talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-2 Burnley - Sunday 10th March, 2019

football forum

The commentators are raving about Charlie Taylor's recovery and tackle just before we scored our third, and it's not entirely undeserved, but you learn as a child to go goalside of the attacker at goal kicks in case the keeper miskicks it (ie exactly what happened). So pretty poor from him to get into that situation in the first place.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I find it funny reading peoples negative comments on Lallana when in Klopps first 2 seasons he was arguably our best player. He then suffers a shitload of injuries, comes back and suddenly people think hes shite? 

Short memories and all that. 

Nah. He had a good few months in Klopp's first full season (I think - might've been the season after), but he's been pretty average for almost his entire Liverpool career before and after that. He's not had the best time of it with injuries, but I find it a bit weird that people pretend that that few months are his true level instead of the other 4 years

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I find it funny reading peoples negative comments on Lallana when in Klopps first 2 seasons he was arguably our best player. He then suffers a shitload of injuries, comes back and suddenly people think hes shite? 

Short memories and all that. 

I'm pleased with him today and pleased for him. Let's not pretend he's been anything other than poor when he's played this season though. I agree with whoever said he should never be an impact player. If he plays like he did today whenever he gets a start for the rest of the season then no one will have any complaints.

How was that not a foul on Salah in the build up to Burnley's second?

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

The commentators are raving about Charlie Taylor's recovery and tackle just before we scored our third, and it's not entirely undeserved, but you learn as a child to go goalside of the attacker at goal kicks in case the keeper miskicks it (ie exactly what happened). So pretty poor from him to get into that situation in the first place.

Nah. He had a good few months in Klopp's first full season (I think - might've been the season after), but he's been pretty average for almost his entire Liverpool career before and after that. He's not had the best time of it with injuries, but I find it a bit weird that people pretend that that few months are his true level instead of the other 4 years

By Klopps own admission, Lallana was excellent before injuries fucked things up. Anyway, I'm not gunna argue about how shit you think one of our players are after a lovely Sunday afternoon win. You have been so far off the mark on your opinions on players that it's not even worth it. 

1 point behind.. it's still all over. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

By Klopps own admission, Lallana was excellent before injuries fucked things up. Anyway, I'm not gunna argue about how shit you think one of our players are after a lovely Sunday afternoon win. You have been so far off the mark on your opinions on players that it's not even worth it. 

"Klopp's own admission" as if he's got something to gain by publicly slating him? Of course he's going to say that; he's not Mourinho xD

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You're gonna use a good few months as an argument against the shit 2 years? And you've got the neck to talk about other people's opinions being off the mark?

Lallana did well today, but tell me the last time anybody can say that of his performance.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

You're gonna use a good few months as an argument against the shit 2 years? And you've got the neck to talk about other people's opinions being off the mark?

Lallana did well today, but tell me the last time anybody can say that of his performance.

I’ve been waiting 2 years for him to play like that again. Glad it happened, but surprised

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Every time I see Firmino I see his girlfriends cunt in my minds eye 

I forgot all about that picture, which is a shame because it’s hilarious and I should always remember that. Cheers for refreshing my memory

45 minutes ago, Rick said:

You're gonna use a good few months as an argument against the shit 2 years? 

Hes been injured and struggled for match fitness. Lallana also played more games/minutes in Klopps first 18 month than he he has for the past 2 seasons, so yeah, I will use his good 18 months when fit against the last 2 seasons where hes been injured

Anyway, does it really matter. I'm happy hes back match fit and I'm happy hes going to be involved in the run in. I've no problem with people disagreeing of course but what really boils my piss is the same old over reactive gems that come on before a ball is kicked saying shit like "fucking Lallana starting?", "Lallana is fucking shite", or "What is it with Klopp and Lallana"... as if they know better. 

Some proper wellies on here sometimes. Like when the same old wet wipes were ripping into 19 year old Trent only a few weeks ago. Then it was Matip and Kieta getting pelters. 

It's like some people aren't happy unless they are pissing and moaning or slagging off one of the players. Seriously, if people who never stop whining cant just shut the fuck up and enjoy this amazing season, instead of looking for the next person to rip to bits, then I really don't see the point. 

End of the day, Klopp picked Lallana, some people moaned, Lallana gets MOTM. Happy days. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes been injured and struggled for match fitness. Lallana also played more games/minutes in Klopps first 18 month than he he has for the past 2 seasons, so yeah, I will use his good 18 months when fit against the last 2 seasons where hes been injured

Anyway, does it really matter. I'm happy hes back match fit and I'm happy hes going to be involved in the run in. I've no problem with people disagreeing of course but what really boils my piss is the same old over reactive gems that come on before a ball is kicked saying shit like "fucking Lallana starting?", "Lallana is fucking shite", or "What is it with Klopp and Lallana"... as if they know better. 

Some proper wellies on here sometimes. Like when the same old wet wipes were ripping into 19 year old Trent only a few weeks ago. Then it was Matip and Kieta getting pelters. 

It's like some people aren't happy unless they are pissing and moaning or slagging off one of the players. Seriously, if people who never stop whining cant just shut the fuck up and enjoy this amazing season, instead of looking for the next person to rip to bits, then I really don't see the point. 

End of the day, Klopp picked Lallana, some people moaned, Lallana gets MOTM. Happy days. 

There's nothing wrong with questioning certain things in the moment. We all do it (yes, you've done it yourself). If some of us have doubts over a certain player and they go onto prove us wrong then great. 

I thought the injuries had finished Lallana because every time he's got on the pitch in the last 18 months or whatever he's been poor. Fair play, he was brilliant today. It'll take more than one performance like that to convince most people that he's back to what he was two years ago though. Plenty of players have offered false hope over the years. If he manages to get back to close to that then great

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

And there is it. Mr Hindsight makes an appearance again. It's your party piece; don't make a comment on anything before the game but hops in afterwards and act like an elitist knob. Notice it time and time again. 

Please, sir, give me an example of any of Lallana's good performances in the last 18 months....

There are none. Not one. And yes, he has had injuries that have stunted his game time but that doesn't change the fact that he has been coasting at this club for the last two years while doing very little. 

Nothing whatsoever suggested he should of started today's game over Henderson or Keita. Klopp has seen him perform well in training, and rolled the dice on him today. Happy to be proven wrong on it, all I care about is the club and players performing well for it. He put in a good shift today, which has been a rarity. So please, get off your high horse and give it a bloody rest. 

21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's nothing wrong with questioning certain things in the moment. We all do it (yes, you've done it yourself). If some of us have doubts over a certain player and they go onto prove us wrong then great. 

I thought the injuries had finished Lallana because every time he's got on the pitch in the last 18 months or whatever he's been poor. Fair play, he was brilliant today. It'll take more than one performance like that to convince most people that he's back to what he was two years ago though. Plenty of players have offered false hope over the years. If he manages to get back to close to that then great

Totally agree and I've no problem with people not rating our players. It's when our own 'fans' come on and absolutely slate a player before a ball is kicked. Some Liverppol fans on here are renowned for it. It was only early this season when some fucking berk came on before a game in which Moreno was picked saying that he wished someone would break Moreno's leg! Absolute shithouse comment. 

I just fucking love it when donuts like that get humble pie rammed down their throat, like today. 

8 hours ago, Rick said:

He's barely been fit for any consistent stretch of that time though. He's barely had a chance to find form.

7 hours ago, Rick said:

And there is it. Mr Hindsight makes an appearance again. It's your party piece; don't make a comment on anything before the game but hops in afterwards and act like an elitist knob. Notice it time and time again. 

Please, sir, give me an example of any of Lallana's good performances in the last 18 months....

There are none. Not one. And yes, he has had injuries that have stunted his game time but that doesn't change the fact that he has been coasting at this club for the last two years while doing very little. 

Nothing whatsoever suggested he should of started today's game over Henderson or Keita. Klopp has seen him perform well in training, and rolled the dice on him today. Happy to be proven wrong on it, all I care about is the club and players performing well for it. He put in a good shift today, which has been a rarity. So please, get off your high horse and give it a bloody rest. 

Form in previous matches is one part of the puzzle and the only one we have to go on but form in training is equally important. Demonstrating the drive a d the will. 

We also know the way lallana plays and what he offers in terms of being different. Against a Burnley that we were expecting to sit deep and play ugly I can see why klopp would play Adam and why klopp would play him.

Nevertheless though I totally defend your right to criticize the lineup and I think Madlads "how dare anyone criticize the players and still call themselves a fan" routine is a bit rich.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Totally agree and I've no problem with people not rating our players. It's when our own 'fans' come on and absolutely slate a player before a ball is kicked. Some Liverppol fans on here are renowned for it. It was only early this season when some fucking berk came on before a game in which Moreno was picked saying that he wished someone would break Moreno's leg! Absolute shithouse comment. 

I just fucking love it when donuts like that get humble pie rammed down their throat, like today. 

It wouldn't be much of a forum if the before game discussion was

Let's all talk lineups?

No. Who are we to question klopp. Let's just wait until our lineup is announced and then just talk about how correct klopp was in selecting it. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Didn't realise TAA came off  with an injury. Apparently only a precaution. Hopefully he'll be ok for Wednesday

Apparently he injured his shoulder. I was surprised we saw Daniel on today and we haven't really seen Shaqiri do his impact sub performances lately. I figured today might have been a good day to give the guy a run considering he might be useful midweek against Bayern as well. Perhaps the Trent injury and the shift in positions of the team made that a necessity.

As a note, what Henderson did when he played Trent's position was very good. Sticking with the man and holding their play up isn't something easy and the only downside was it came out as a foul otherwise they'd have been in trouble as most of their players were in our half while Mane and Salah were further up the pitch.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-2 Burnley - Sunday 10th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived