Wolves 1-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-0 Wolves

Recent Form
Chelsea -  WWLWL
Wolves - WLDWD

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their game plan limits us immensely. Similar to Bournemouth. Their 3 at the back system offers congestion in the middle and limits our width given our lack of attacking full backs. 

Emerson needs to play and we need all the creativity on the pitch. 

Higuain

Hazard--------------Pedro

Ruben---Kante

Jorginho

Emerson---Luiz---Rudiger----Dave

Kepa 

Redundant defensive midfield against a defensive team. I understand Kovacic is there for protection against the counter, but I wished Sarri would have the attack first mentality. Far too cautious midfield. 

Attack needs to do better. Wasting the opportunities that do come. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Redundant defensive midfield against a defensive team. I understand Kovacic is there for protection against the counter, but I wished Sarri would have the attack first mentality. Far too cautious midfield. 

Attack needs to do better. Wasting the opportunities that do come. 

Wolves are very well organized and we've got to take some caution but we've got to try and win the game as well. Fine balance. I would rather see us risk a bit more in attack. Maybe move Kovacic to Jorginho's role at some point to give us more mobility with defending the counters. However, I think Jorginho's done well so far, if a bit careless on the ball at times but everyone has been guilty of that first half. Kovacic hasn't had a good game so far so I don't know if that change would be a good one or not.

Either way Ruben has to come on at some point, Barkley isn't going to change anything, just offer more of the same.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Wolves defending and discipline is just fantastic today. Their pressing in particular is just on point.

We made it easy for them. Predictable and unimaginative attack. 

Game perfectly sums up our season. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Dont think any team in the top 6 relies on one player the way we do. 

Tottenham look lackadaisical without Harry Kane. Outside of England, Real Madrid did, Barcelona do. Besides, Chelsea also rely on Wilian, Pedro, Giroud, Higuian, and Odoi. Which of them are stepping in the crucial moments? They do sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Tottenham look lackadaisical without Harry Kane. Outside of England, Real Madrid did, Barcelona do. Besides, Chelsea also rely on Wilian, Pedro, Giroud, Higuian, and Odoi. Which of them are stepping in the crucial moments? They do sometimes.

They won all but won game without him. Spurs missed Alli more than Kane. Son, Eriksen, and Lamela all incredibly influential in creating goals.

I'm saying top 6 in England. And no team relies so much on one player than we do. We havent had a player that matched his influence since Mata 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They won all but won game without him. Spurs missed Alli more than Kane. Son, Eriksen, and Lamela all threats in the third. 

I'm saying top 6 in England. And no team relies so much on one player than we do. We havent had a player that matched his influence since Mata 

Perhaps than, the other five teams have stronger squads.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Game where we need Ruben on the pitch, we need something more from the midfield three. 

Just need to be careful that we don't get countered.

First time they were in our box the whole game.

Luiz attempts a 40 yard ball, next minute Wolves counter and score. When you attempt to play long ball like that, unless you know the team's in a good position to counter press, those type of passes shouldn't be risked against teams like Wolves. You've got to take extra care with those passes in games like today. I'm not singling out Luiz, it's just overall we shouldn't have been so naive to just churn out balls like that. Wolves are waiting for that one moment where we're out of position, they had it once all game and were immensely clinical and took advantage of it. When you play long passes, there's more risk of losing the ball and more often than not counters are self inflicted. Extra care should of been taken with those passes today, Wolves have been scoring goals like that all season. Luiz attempts a 40 yard pass, it doesn't come off, we're been caught once out of position and punished.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, suit and text

12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Boss from hazard. Higuain is even fatter than last week, useless cunt. 

Where do this sudden obsession with fat people and Higuain stems from?, did a fatty abuse you, did Higuain shag your mum?, both?, are you trying to replace Teso Dos Thickos in providing the most stupidest comments in these threads while he's away?, if so, pat on the back as you're doing a great job. :96_ok_hand:

9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Where do this sudden obsession with fat people and Higuain stems from?, did a fatty abuse you, did Higuain shag your mum?, both?, are you trying to replace Teso Dos Thickos in providing the most stupidest comments in these threads while he's away?, if so, pat on the back as you're doing a great job. :96_ok_hand:

Thanks for the reply. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Wolves - Sunday 10th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived