talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 10th March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second successive week I have written Arsenal off and they have proved me wrong.

I have nothing but positive comments for them, especially given what happened to them at Rennes a few days ago. They have shown a good test of character and backbone in the team. Perhaps they aren't so spineless anymore.

And bonus points for knocking United off their perch. The Ole Gunnar Solskjaer love in was getting a little too much for me.

You Gooners.

5 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Two hard games ahead now for Ole, Wolves away and Watford at OT, we all know the League Title is a battle between City & Liverpool and now the spot for 4th is between United, Arsenal, Chelsea and now we can add spurs to the equation, the season not far away now finishing and we as supporters can take a breather till the next season coming up.

Hats off to Arsenal though as they are the first team in the EPL who have beaten United with Ole in charge. :ay:

It's really a 4 way battle for two places mate. Spurs have dropped right back to the pack. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Harry said:

It's really a 4 way battle for two places mate. Spurs have dropped right back to the pack. 

12 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

and now the spot for 4th is between United, Arsenal, Chelsea and now we can add spurs to the equation,

I know buddy, I did add Spurs to the equation  :ay:

The good thing about United so far this season for me is at least we are still chasing the 4th spot, still in the Champions League and the FA Cup since Jose got the heave-ho so I am happy, even if we just miss out on the 4th spot then at least we should have the Europa next season and the rest for the trophy hunts in the EPL, we still really have a 50/50 chance for the FACup this season but I think in all honesty we can forget about the Champions League for this year, that is "A cup [bridge] too far" for me. :D

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 10th March, 2019
3 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I know buddy, I did add Spurs to the equation  :ay:

The good thing about United so far this season for me is at least we are still chasing the 4th spot, still in the Champions League and the FA Cup since Jose got the heave-ho so I am happy, even if we just miss out on the 4th spot then at least we should have the Europa next season and the rest for the trophy hunts in the EPL, we still really have a 50/50 chance for the FACup this season but I think in all honesty we can forget about the Champions League for this year, that is "A cup [bridge] too far" for me. :D

I'd just say enjoy the run. CL is very luck dependent every year so it's just worth having a crack and seeing what happens. You've already gone further than most expected. 

And that’s the difference between boring shite negative football and having a go. I can handle losing 2-0 as we hit the woodwork several times and tested Leno throughout. We definitely had the more clear cut chances, but it just wasn’t our day. Any other day we could have won that 0-3. Penalty decision was soft as fuck, but after midweek, no real complaints. Karma.

It has to said arsenal's record against the top 6 is much better this season. Wins over utd spurs and Chelsea and draws at utd and spurs. I had a quick look at the state and this time last year we had 12 points less so we have improved this season

• The topic was unpinned

Pretty much exactly what DeadLinesman said. Without wishing to slate Arsenal, I'd also add that I don't really see any great improvement in them since Wenger went. This isn't to say that Emery has done badly or that it won't take time to progress, it's just that a fair few Gooners seem to think there's some major change afoot and so far I really don't see it. Letting Ramsey go was also a bit mad as he's been consistently good for them unlike the majority of their other players

Archived