Morecambe vs Forest Green
Northampton vs Exeter, 14.00
Port Vale vs Mansfield
Stevenage vs Bury

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Danny said:

If we had even a decent away form we could have put in a late challenge for the play offs, but generally we can’t buy a win away from home. I reckon we’ll lose.

You're playing Boro right? My mate supports them and says they suck at home. They're a good counter attacking team but have a shit time of breaking teams down. You could easily nab a draw.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're playing Boro right? My mate supports them and says they suck at home. They're a good counter attacking team but have a shit time of breaking teams down. You could easily nab a draw.

We won’t sit back and defend, I’ll take a draw though.

Bristol City have confirmed our game is a sell out which will smash their best home attendance for this season.

I do think there is something in us having away games harder because teams seem to get more up for our visit than others. Bigger crowds gee the home side up more.

Are we still a scalp? I guess we are. There probably isn't that same buzz if Norwich, Sheff Utd or West Brom come to town. Saw that with QPR the other week.

Its at the point now where draws seem like dropped points. We have to try and keep to a similar level we produced last week. Can't be looking back at this season with regrets.

• Administrator

Leeds are definitely still a scalp for the rest of the division. Even when you weren't as good as you are now it was still a big game. Maybe just more emphasised with Bielsa there now and everyone wanting to beat him because he seems to get the most media attention for how he approaches the game. 

I remember when playing Leeds was a guaranteed win for us, they’ve done really well this season. But in fairness, they’ve hired a manager who is far too big for this division. It’s no miracle.

• Subscriber

Away at Crawley for Grimsby. Crawley seem to have a good record against us but haven't won for over 5 games whereas we've shown some real fight and determination to get results (apart from last weekend - *poop*). Ohman, our super Swede signing, is back from suspension so hopefully will look more solid defensively again which let us down last weekend.

2-1 up against Middlesbrough, did not expect this at all. Completely outplaying them at this point, but it would be like us to concede something silly late on. Last few minutes and Boro trying to put pressure on us, but they've been outplayed all game.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Danny said:

2-1 up against Middlesbrough, did not expect this at all. Completely outplaying them at this point, but it would be like us to concede something silly late on. Last few minutes and Boro trying to put pressure on us, but they've been outplayed all game.

Benrahma ever gonna stop scoring xD

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Benrahma ever gonna stop scoring xD

Mate he is class. Absolutely class. It's taken him a bit to find his feet in this league but even when we first signed him he looked as if he had moments that were far too good for this division.

Him and Maupay together is one of the deadliest partnerships in the league, probably is the deadliest. I hope we gamble in the Summer and decide to keep them both for a promotion push, even if we sell them end of next season if we fail in getting promoted, that's a combined £30m-£50m.

Another big win for us today.

Pressure was on us because Norwich and Sheff Utd won before we kicked a ball, so to get a three points away from home at a Top 6 side was good value.

Bamford with a predatory finish, feels like he's finding his groove now at a vital part of the season. Fingers crossed he is ok for Tuesday because we cannot possibly deal with losing him yet again.

I'm pleased with another clean sheet too. We don't kill games off so much depends on us keeping it solid back there.

People think I’m biased in saying this but it’s true Blues fans are chavs, villa tend to be decent jobs nice folk. Blues by and large if they have a job are low skill work. 

Remember the fast show where the scumbag family ran through the airport in a blues top shouting at his kids, the actor is a villa fan he was taking the piss. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wouldn't have blamed Villa for walking off.

Me neither. I said this on Twitter but I'm all for showing some passion for your team and especially during a local derby but that was just moronic. Nobody, not even footballers. deserve to be treated like that when doing their job.

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Watched a documentary on Copa90 showing the rivalry between Villa and Birmingham and the latter came across as being proper pond life. 

They are mate 90% anyway you get the odd one that’s a good person but they’re scum for the most part. I know 100’s and I would be hard pressed to show you 6 that are doing well in life. 

Seen some wild claims about what to do as a punishment but it’s hard really to do something that is really a deterrent to dickheads. 

Firstly, fair play to the Villa players. They could have really escalated that incident by retaliating and attacking the bloke, that could have set off a much more unsavoury chain of events. The referee had a decision to make there and whether to abandon it, but that could have escalated the incident too.

What do you do though to stop this sort of thing and “nip it in the bud”, because we tend to have less incidents of this nature than say Scotland. 

I think Gary Rowett was mentioning fencing but I’m sure the Taylor Report would put paid to that. 

A fine? What does that do? The club pays the fine but that’s not really a deterrent to dickheads? It’s not hitting them where it hurts, is it?

Play behind closed doors? I reckon there’s a potential police risk with that. You may well then get a few thousand roaming the streets around a ground on a Saturday afternoon rather than them being confined to a stadium covered in CCTV. 

Points deduction? I think I’d probably lean towards this. But I do suppose there’s a risk that it’s not much of a deterrent to dickheads because that matters little to them. 

Another good win for us yesterday without us really having to get out of first gear, two good goals and we keep the pressure on at the top.

Hopefully same again against Brentford before the trip to Leeds.

Just watching the Birmingham v Villa game and i hope that fan enjoys watching football at home now as will never be let in ground again and no doubt spend some time in jail, the Birmingham fans cheering him can do one as well ! I just don't get the thought process that you need to run on pitch and hit your opponents top player, Idiot !!

It has to be a points deduction at the very minimum. The Birmingham fans cheering him off have swayed me to that viewpoint. Since the anniversary of The Zulus they've arguably been the worst behaved fans in the country.

The blokes already been outed on Twitter and by his Facebook. Turns out he has children too. What a terrible precedent to set to them.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived