talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 8-10th March, 2019

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Anyway great result from a horrible game best forgotten, at least the Blues showed the rest of the world what we’ve known for sometime. Utter shit house club and supporters. 

@Lucas I told you it was Jack that had us up there, playoffs are back on 👊🏻

Yeah you did, and you were insistent on that although I don't think any one of us would disagree you aren't a better team without him.

I still think you should be higher though despite the games he has missed. You have such a good squad of players that I think you've underachieved.

Should get playoffs still which says a lot for the lack of quality above in Derby, Bristol City and Middlesbrough. It may well be the lowest points total needed for a playoff place this season such has been the competitiveness of the division.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah you did, and you were insistent on that although I don't think any one of us would disagree you aren't a better team without him.

I still think you should be higher though despite the games he has missed. You have such a good squad of players that I think you've underachieved.

Should get playoffs still which says a lot for the lack of quality above in Derby, Bristol City and Middlesbrough. It may well be the lowest points total needed for a playoff place this season such has been the competitiveness of the division.

If Jack stays fit I’d back us to beat the Blades in the Playoff final

• Subscriber

Picture the scene... it's the last game of the season and Team X need to beat Team Y away from home to take the title. Team X score a last minute winner to take the title. Team X's fans invade the pitch whilst Team Y's stewards are machine gunning them all down. Brilliant idea O.o

3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

The guys been banned from attending all UK football matches for 10 years and will serve 14 weeks in prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

No idea what they can and can’t give out but I’m a little disappointed that they’ve only banned him from Football for ten years. Would have liked a lifeban from everywhere. 

• Administrator

Lifetime ban, at all grounds, would have been good.

In 10 years time there's nothing stopping him from going to Villa Park and trying the same thing on any player. 

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Picture the scene... it's the last game of the season and Team X need to beat Team Y away from home to take the title. Team X score a last minute winner to take the title. Team X's fans invade the pitch whilst Team Y's stewards are machine gunning them all down. Brilliant idea O.o

Imagine sniper towers xD

The sheer fact Sky has a transition, milliseconds after the punch, has me dying. One of those bizarre things I find hilarious 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Superbly put. 

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

A few weeks in prison is a proper deterrent isn't it?

Given he’s now a Google search away from losing any potential job he ever bothers applying for, now has a criminal record, has put his pregnant partner through hell the past twenty-four hours or so because of equally daft people threatening her and his kids, has embarrassed his family and now has to lose the privilege of a passport at least every two years, I think there is some form of deterrent there for him. 

Is the sentence a deterrent for “copycat” incidents? Maybe not so much the sentencing but the other stuff that’s come from his “moment of madness” may put some off. 

• The topic was unpinned

Anyone who has ever been to Birmingham, let alone spent years there like I did, will know that even by West Midlands standards Blues fans are an odd species, proper fucking freaks in some cases. I think I'm satisfied with what has been given to him, often times now punishments are weak to the point of uselessness so it's good to see something substabtial at last.

I was at Ewood on Saturday. Predictable primary school level defending cost us from Nob End's first attack. Thereafter we had chance after chance after chance, sadly though most we from the wing and we couldn't cross the ball to save our life, every last effort was about two foot higher than the nearest header. Credit is due to two Rovers players mind, Joe Nuttall when he came on ran like a man possessed after evrything, and wrongly IMO had his goal chalked off for his challenge to win possession. Definite one for the future. Second is Ryan Nyambe, who gave more of a shit and contributed more than the other starting 10 combined, phenomenal shift from him and he didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Also, Richie Smallwood is utterly fucking dreadful. Jesus wept. Might as well have played a man short. 

Archived