Leicester vs Fulham 

Newcastle vs Everton 

Southampton vs Tottenham 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We really, really have to win this game but I've just got that nagging feeling that we won't.

This hasn't been quite the bounce we usually seem to get after a sacking. Not that I'm bragging about it, but we do seem to have a sharp upturn in form every time a manager gets the boot, which everyone likes to remind us of.

We've so far beaten Brighton at home and lost at Watford.

In the Brighton game we did something very un-Leicester and started the game well, got the early goal before later doubling our lead, although hanging on somewhat towards the end. It wasn't a great performance but we got the win and you'd have to say the early goal was key in that.

Watford away was where the optimism returned after appointing Rodgers - regardless of if you think he's a bullshitter or whatever, he has given the players and fans a lift with the things he says. People were never going to warm to Puel who tells them we can't compete with Everton, Wolves & West Ham just after we've lost at Newport.

But if there was one way to wipe out that optimism, it was to turn out a performance which included the exact errors that have polluted us all season in that we conceded early, gifted away another late goal, spent most of the game passing it around with no cutting edge.

What you learnt was that this isn't something that's going to be fixed immediately. There are tonnes of bad habits in this team and it's going to take a long time to eradicate them.

I think we'll just about get the win, but wouldn't be at all surprised if we bottled on paper the easiest fixture of the season. We've been a joke at home all season and the biggest charity to bottom half sides in the past couple of seasons, so don't be shocked if Fulham come here and get something.

I also wonder if they're likely to have some kind of bounce as well. You can't really write them off on a loss to Chelsea and it's pretty clear that Parker's going to come in and try and get them back to their basics. Something Ranieri simply didn't do.

We should win but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Who? xD

Anyhow, we have to win this but I expect a loss here simply because our record against London's best team is terrible. 

Thought that was the Welsh spelling :ph34r:

Da fuq is Newcastle doing in HERE? 

They are being national televised here in the States, surprised it isn't in England. 

Anyho, Newcastle to win 5-0 with Almiron scoring 4, Rondon the other. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Da fuq is Newcastle doing in HERE? 

They are being national televised here in the States, surprised it isn't in England. 

Anyho, Newcastle to win 5-0 with Almiron scoring 4, Rondon the other. 

Yeah, I was shocked at how many more of our league’s matches are available on TV in the US than back home.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I was shocked at how many more of our league’s matches are available on TV in the US than back home.

Shocking really. It probably helps people living here that NBC have the rights, AND about 5 different channels they can show it on. No to mention it's early here where in England you are talking about Prime Time TV. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Shocking really. It probably helps people living here that NBC have the rights, AND about 5 different channels they can show it on. No to mention it's early here where in England you are talking about Prime Time TV. 

You should have seen my brother fume when he came to visit xD tbh though I understand it though, it’s a bit ridiculous it’s easier to watch our league outside of our country

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

You should have seen my brother fume when he came to visit xD tbh though I understand it though, it’s a bit ridiculous it’s easier to watch our league outside of our country

I'm sure it's the same here with NFL. From my understandings if you leave the NFL footprint, you get a ton of games, where as we get 1, maybe 2 at a time. 

Complete and utter bull shit there. 

Pickford should have gotten a straight red. Refs really shits the bed there, and once again that's why England needs to catch up and get VAR. 

Unbelievable that he’s allowed to stay on the pitch and he saves it. Ridiculous, Newcastle have a right to be aggrieved. Awful penalty though

And then Everton score again. Such poor defending. Newcastle fans should be very annoyed with the referee though 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unbelievable that he’s allowed to stay on the pitch and he saves it. Ridiculous, Newcastle have a right to be aggrieved. Awful penalty though

And then Everton score again. Such poor defending. Newcastle fans should be very annoyed with the referee though 

Should have been a straight red for Pickford, but he doesn't even get a yellow. 

Congrats England on being behind technologically. That's a red card in every other league with VAR. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

He wasn't sent off as it would be triple punishment or whatever the rule is called. Can't be a penalty and a sending off. 

Hilarious that we go and score from it though, couldn't happen to a nicer club. Be proper rattled Benitez at half time.

I have never heard of that, and the English announcers here are saying it should have been a straight red, no question. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve seen penalties given with straight reds before, it should have been a red

It's a new rule, no? If you make an attempt to get the ball and stop a clear goalscoring opportunity in the area it's a yellow and a penalty...they can't give a red and a penalty anymore. I'm not watching the game though so I have no idea what happened.

Just now, ...Dan said:

It's a new rule, no? If you make an attempt to get the ball and stop a clear goalscoring opportunity in the area it's a yellow and a penalty...they can't give a red and a penalty anymore. I'm not watching the game though so I have no idea what happened.

Two things - if so, that's dumb. Secondly, he didn't get a yellow either. 

9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Oh I had no idea, that’s a stupid rule though. And he didn’t get a yellow

• Subscriber

@Eco @Dr. Gonzo xD

One of the only clear rules in the Premier League is the double damage rule where you can't get a yellow or red and give a penalty away.

The rule may be right or wrong but it's cut and dry, not a red card, even if you could argue the rule is wrong.

If Ritchie didn't take such a shite penalty you wouldn't be complaining.

Decent half from us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived