talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 9th March, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

@Eco @Dr. Gonzo xD

One of the only clear rules in the Premier League is the double damage rule where you can't get a yellow or red and give a penalty away.

The rule may be right or wrong but it's cut and dry, not a red card, even if you could argue the rule is wrong.

If Ritchie didn't take such a shite penalty you wouldn't be complaining.

Decent half from us.

Is this is new rule? I've honestly never heard of it in any other league, and I don't want a ton of EPL. It's a pretty shit rule, but I'm not sure why you can't give a yellow? That seems so backwards. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances. However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead. But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.Apr 14, 2016

8 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances. However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead. But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.Apr 14, 2016

So it was a mistake to give a penalty, should have been a straight red as that’s deliberate as fuck

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@Eco @Dr. Gonzo xD

One of the only clear rules in the Premier League is the double damage rule where you can't get a yellow or red and give a penalty away.

The rule may be right or wrong but it's cut and dry, not a red card, even if you could argue the rule is wrong.

If Ritchie didn't take such a shite penalty you wouldn't be complaining.

Decent half from us.

Looks like it’s cut and dry and the referee picked the wrong punishment, as that was as deliberate as a foul as they come

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

He wasn't sent off as it would be triple punishment or whatever the rule is called. Can't be a penalty and a sending off. 

Hilarious that we go and score from it though, couldn't happen to a nicer club. Be proper rattled Benitez at half time.

LCD_Smile.0.gif

Holy hell. Newcastle come back to beat Everton. 

And the good form continues, as they looked completely different in the 1st half to the 2nd half. 

Still think they need to revisit the rule about double punishment or whatever. Pickford rugby tackled a forward after missing the ball. Crazy that the rules mean he doesn't get any card. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

And the good form continues, as they looked completely different in the 1st half to the 2nd half. 

Still think they need to revisit the rule about double punishment or whatever. Pickford rugby tackled a forward after missing the ball. Crazy that the rules mean he doesn't get any card. 

Everton would have won if Pickford was sent off the absolute cunt.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

That's not what the rule means. If someone makes an attempt to get the ball it should be a penalty and a yellow. If he makes no attempt to get the ball (which is the case with Pickford) it should be a penalty and a red.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I'm not going to go overboard and scream for Silva's head I just don't know where we are going under him? Don't get me wrong he's done better than Koeman and Allardyce but regardless of poor transfer windows, big contracts yada yada yada should we be throwing away a two goal lead against Newcastle? It's unacceptable.

Not calling for his head but I just don't see where this project is going. It's another unacceptable result. 

We didn't lose through tactics or substitutions though, in which case I'd blame the manager. He made a defensive change at 1-2 which should have killed the game if the players did their jobs but they didn't. Individual mistakes and poor game management on the pitch. We need a leader in defence desperately and Pickford to sort his shit out 

The double jeopardy rule is a good one. The red card for a professional foul is because it stops a clear goalscoring opportunity; it's moronic to dish out a red card and at the same time award a clear goalscoring opportunity in the form of a penalty.

In that case, though, Pickford clearly made no attempt to play the ball so should've seen red.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived