The better place to talk football.

Michael Jackson

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Always though the was just an odd bloke. Not a paedo. 

Hypothetically speaking, the parents settled in court with him. If your child was molested, would you be satisfied with a check? Or would you go to hell and back to make sure the person that did it is rotting in a prison cell for all eternity?

Being a parent myself, I know which I would of choose. 

Exactly, I know that's the first thing me and the wife would have done if it was one of our own children and saying that, our son & daughter are grown up with 3 young boys and if that did happen to anyone of their (our grandsons) then they would have done the same.

When I say weirdo then I mean in the sense a strange bloody guy, if people think that's another term for a paedo then that's up to their way of thinking, as for banning his music from the radio or whatever I would say no because the guy is not here to defend himself, imagine if we suddenly had a load of old time singers or present top singers who suddenly get accused of sexual abuse should we ban all their song too? if we did we might as well ban music altogether.

Jimmy Saville was a different story as many people suddenly voiced their opinion that he was a paedo after he had died and the story hit the headlines these people who worked with Saville in the media bit at the time voiced their opinion to the higher up's but it was all swept under the carpet.

After the Saville bit hit the headlines a lot of other music and media people suddenly got accused which a lot was proved but I don't think the likes of the tv channels would suddenly go through all the archives to make sure that a lot of their shows and appearances they were not shown on tv that would be a never-ending task, I am sure about 2 years ago they were showing old-time clips from 'Top of the Pops' me and the wife were watching and suddenly a shot of Saville popped up with a cigar talking about a singer coming up next, the wife said "FFS, turn that over, I don't want to see that bastards face, he makes me sick" I obliged and switched channels.  

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Worth noting that both fathers of the victims committed suicide 

Now is the bit that gets me. Although you also have to take into account that one of them was the guy that took a payout. Which for me makes him very uncredible. Although watching it last night I did think that if they are lying they have lied to their family as well and they do believe it.

48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Louis Theroux is a proper wanker. 

I agree with that. I completely understand why people may think he is guilty. I'm 50/50 myself. However to day he definitely is isn't right at the minute

7 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I work for a group of radio stations and the whole decision to take off his music is bizarre. When he died, every station was playing his music but now because a documentary has come out that focuses on accusations that have always been made against him, we remove his music? 

Louis Theroux seems set that he was a paedophile.

I think if it was proven it wouldn't be appropriate to play it personally. However people still play Sinatra even though he is known to have mafia connections

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That is nowhere near being the same at all.

I don't know all the details about Sinatra what he did. But I know the mafia did terrible things including killing children so anyone who played a part in that would be a terrible person.

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't know all the details about Sinatra what he did. But I know the mafia did terrible things including killing children so anyone who played a part in that would be a terrible person.

He didn't do anything? He was friends with mob bosses, Giancana in particular, but that's as far as it goes.  The FBI couldn't prove anything because he wasn't involved in anything. 

To even compare that to grown men molesting children is absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He didn't do anything? He was friends with mob bosses, Giancana in particular, but that's as far as it goes.  The FBI couldn't prove anything because he wasn't involved in anything. 

To even compare that to grown men molesting children is absurd. 

As I said I didn't know what Sinatra had done.

Nudge and Tsubs have pointed the important part. MJ never really got to live his childhood because of his dad pushing him hard into music, and he never grew up. He never matured. And has remained a child. 

A grown man behaving like that and seeking sleepovers is obviously going to be seen differently by the world. 

Not saying that he hasn't abused them. No one knows, and he is not around now to defend himself. But those lads have changed their opinions quite a few times. Also them seeking millions in damages doesn't look right. 

Someone mentioned MJ paying people off in the past. Most lawyers suggest that instead of going through a long trial. 

On a sidenote, do catch Amy Berg's documentary Open Secret. The likes of Bryan Singer are ten times worse than this. In fact some that cited in the documentary don't even deny their pedophile behaviour. 

• Subscriber

Years ago I've read a long investigative article from the mid 90s that went into a lot of detail about the first accusations, the trials, the settlement and related events surrounding that. Good read as it shows what a big mess the whole thing was (and still is apparently). I'll try to find a link to the article...

Watching that documentary i felt sorry for Michael Jackson, There was just zero emotion from these accusers throughout that whole thing and what little emotion they did show came across as forced to me. I still believe he was set up and killed but i do love conspiracy theories.

45 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Watching that documentary i felt sorry for Michael Jackson, There was just zero emotion from these accusers throughout that whole thing and what little emotion they did show came across as forced to me. I still believe he was set up and killed but i do love conspiracy theories.

There was near the end. But I did feel the emotion from the parents was lacking. And I thought when Wade's mum said she could forgive him was very odd. The interesting thing I have noticed on social media is a lot of people don't think he did it. 

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Apparently it's quite graphic. I don't have an opinion either way really. I don't think justice is ever really done if the perpetrator is not alive, so all we will learn is that he got away with it if it's true. Although I suppose there's catharsis for victims.

These 2 victims do have an appeal hearing open against the Jackson estate. So a consensus view amongst society of his guilt, that would drive outrage at the victims being denied justice (if the appeal doesn't go their way)  would likely improve their chances of getting a favorable outcome.  

5 hours ago, kapisevicius said:

He was abusing his ex-wife and sons.

So where do we stop? Many successful musicians have a questionable character. It's a long way between beating your wife and being a pedo too :7_sweat_smile:

I agree though, Lennon was a cunt. The cunt who shot him is a bigger cunt because all he did was martyr the cunt, making Yoko Ono some kind of Lennon's representative on heart, who is an even bigger cunt herself. McCartney easily the most accomplished musician but far less acknowledged because he did not die young, thus not as big of a cultural icon.

16 hours ago, kapisevicius said:

He was abusing his ex-wife and sons.

Just to clarify this, Lennon was indeed an obnoxious man, especially when younger, but many associate 'abuse' with sexual abuse now and that isn't the case. He was particularly uncaring towards Julian and had been violent towards Cynthia. 

He's one of my favourite musicians though, although if sexual abuse crimes came to light I don't how I'd feel about his music.

There was definitely something off about Michael Jackson, he was a really weird man. I do think he had an inappropriate relationship with kids, obviously can't be 100% on it but there's a lot pointing in that direction.

As for the Leaving Neverland documentary, I've only seen the first part and I have to say it was really boring. There were obviously moments that were uncomfortable to listen to but overall it was boring.

25 minutes ago, 6666 said:

There was definitely something off about Michael Jackson, he was a really weird man. I do think he had an inappropriate relationship with kids, obviously can't be 100% on it but there's a lot pointing in that direction.

As for the Leaving Neverland documentary, I've only seen the first part and I have to say it was really boring. There were obviously moments that were uncomfortable to listen to but overall it was boring.

Expecting more hardcore material?

18 hours ago, Machado said:

So where do we stop? Many successful musicians have a questionable character. It's a long way between beating your wife and being a pedo too :7_sweat_smile:

I agree though, Lennon was a cunt. The cunt who shot him is a bigger cunt because all he did was martyr the cunt, making Yoko Ono some kind of Lennon's representative on heart, who is an even bigger cunt herself. McCartney easily the most accomplished musician but far less acknowledged because he did not die young, thus not as big of a cultural icon.

Better musician maybe but not better songwriter, or singer for my money. To be fair you've got to of the best male singers of all time in the same fucking band with the Beatles. Lennon was better though, for me, had fights and that.

On 09/03/2019 at 07:44, Gunnersauraus said:

There was near the end. But I did feel the emotion from the parents was lacking. And I thought when Wade's mum said she could forgive him was very odd. The interesting thing I have noticed on social media is a lot of people don't think he did it. 

Everyone I know personally that watched it has said he's guilty. 

I think it's almost certain he was. And that's coming from a childhood fan. I still find the dragging of this back into the spotlight by two people that are almost certainly financially motivated, and the Trial by Netflix Documentary aspect of it to be very distasteful. 

Archived