talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pep Guardiola to Juventus

Pep Guardiola open to staying at Manchester City for next four years as he dismisses Juventus link

“I have two more years here [at City] and I’m not going anywhere unless they sack me,” Guardiola said. “I hope to be here another two years and maybe more. It is impossible for me to move, unless I get sacked. I am not going to Juventus for the next two seasons.”

It is understood Guardiola has floated the possibility in private of committing to two more years beyond the end of his existing deal, which would tie him to the Premier League champions until 2023 and extend his tenure at the club to seven years.

City’s owners want Guardiola to stay for a decade and build a dynasty at the Etihad Stadium.

Guardiola himself sees huge scope for growth at City and claimed last year that he did “not rule out continuing to lead in 10 years”, even though he said it would depend on how he and his family felt and whether the club still wanted him.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/10/pep-guardiola-open-staying-manchester-city-next-four-years-dismisses/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep Guardiola open to staying at Manchester City for next four years as he dismisses Juventus link

“I have two more years here [at City] and I’m not going anywhere unless they sack me,” Guardiola said. “I hope to be here another two years and maybe more. It is impossible for me to move, unless I get sacked. I am not going to Juventus for the next two seasons.”

It is understood Guardiola has floated the possibility in private of committing to two more years beyond the end of his existing deal, which would tie him to the Premier League champions until 2023 and extend his tenure at the club to seven years.

City’s owners want Guardiola to stay for a decade and build a dynasty at the Etihad Stadium.

Guardiola himself sees huge scope for growth at City and claimed last year that he did “not rule out continuing to lead in 10 years”, even though he said it would depend on how he and his family felt and whether the club still wanted him.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/10/pep-guardiola-open-staying-manchester-city-next-four-years-dismisses/

I think Brendan Rodgers said pretty much the same thing.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Also he likes a easy situation proven his managerial career.

Nothing easy about how he's got the team playing  ..United have spent just as much and look at that shower of shit, he's the best manager in the world

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Nothing easy about how he's got the team playing  ..United have spent just as much and look at that shower of shit, he's the best manager in the world

Sure he is

Barcelona - enherited Riijkaard's Barcelona

Bayern - enherited Heynckes Bayern

City - blank check

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Sure he is

Deserves massive credit for what he did at Barca. Still think what Aragones did with the national side played in his favor however. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Bayern - enherited Heynckes Bayern

He doesnt get the credit from the outside he deserves for his time at Bayern imo. Yes he enherited most of the treble winning squad from don Jupp, yes there where bigger challenges he could have taken on. BUT for one thing to get the old german dinosaurs in charge to buy into Pep's footballing philosophy in itself is a feat. The team bought in and it was a little rough to start but that 3 year stretch was the most dominant domestically Ive ever seen, the joke is we always walk the league but its not generally true except for Pep's time. 3 back to back CL semi's is nothing to scoff at, with a little more luck we could have done better in the latter 2 years anyways. He also had a pretty large influence on the way the national team set up in those years as well. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:37, Happy Blue said:

Northern Irish, Irish, Scottish  ..it's all the same, you talk funny and rob anything not bolted down :D  ..you could add Liverpudlians to that too xD 

Modern day Manchester was built on stealing business from Liverpool

On 11/03/2019 at 14:51, True Blue said:

That team was going massively downhill. Ronaldinho and Deco(the 2 most key players) were finished, Eto'o's performances were dropping, Iniesta played in every single position under Rijkaard apart from the one he ended up excelling in, Xavi was close to being sold and was seen as finished, Messi went from a 15 goal a season player into a 50 goal a season player(although in that case, Messi was set for big things either way), he got rid of the likes of Guily and Zambrotta(also the legendary Oleguer :ph34r:), brought Pique back, gave Busquets opportunities that other managers probably wouldn't have, got as much as he could from Henry....He had to make big changes and what he did was incredible.

Rijkaard does deserve a lot of credit himself mind, as he set the tone. He(and Ronaldinho of course) brought a smile back to the faces of Barcelona fans and was of course the man who gave Messi the chance to become what he is today. Great side to watch that one as well, although when he left, a lot had to be done in order to rejuvenate that side and Pep didn't have an easy task at all, far from it. Both were different teams really.

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Many say that Pep has it easier because he chooses rich clubs. But at the same time, what´s the point of hiring a coach like Guardiola if you don´t make sure you have a very good squad to entrust him? 

Its really weird how much common that argument is among people

Archived