talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom Sack Darren Moore; Bilic as Replacement?

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute savage from West Brom. Moore has been hung out to dry by the club he loves. Shocking treatment really.

Ok, they have bombed automatic.  But is 4th place really such a failure? Where are Stoke and Swansea who also went down last season?

Darren Moore inherited a team in a shambolic state last year and installed some fight into them late into the Premier League season. The players rallied behind him. Generally speaking, they haven't had a bad season although the last three results have been catastrophic for them.

West Brom's owners have panicked big time. I suspect they are desperate to go straight back up for financial reasons and obviously seen enough to deduct they don't have the faith in Moore to achieve this.

But this league is a tough nut to crack. Losing Harvey Barnes was massive too because he was outstanding to the point he left. Results will be up and down. But there was nothing to suggest they couldn't have won the playoffs with Moore.

Just dumbfounded really.

There’s got to be more to this story than a 1-1 draw in a game against Ipswich Town that they were expected to win. Was the target top two perhaps and being nine points off with ten games left was the final straw? Or is there something behind the scenes we don’t know about perhaps?

Seven points clear of Bristol City, who are just outside of the play-off’s seems a more than reasonable position to be in with ten games left, especially given Aston Villa, Stoke City and Swansea City are 14th, 15th and 16th in the league. 

Moore’s style of football was interesting. Despite being a defender in his playing days, he favoured an attacking brand of football where little importance was placed on defending and despite conceding plenty, they’ve managed to score plenty through Jay Rodriguez, Dwight Gayle and Harvey Barnes this season. Whilst entertaining and value for money, I suppose it doesn’t fill many with confidence should they go up, when they can’t keep a clean sheet in home Championship games. 

53 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s got to be more to this story than a 1-1 draw in a game against Ipswich Town that they were expected to win. Was the target top two perhaps and being nine points off with ten games left was the final straw? Or is there something behind the scenes we don’t know about perhaps?

Seven points clear of Bristol City, who are just outside of the play-off’s seems a more than reasonable position to be in with ten games left, especially given Aston Villa, Stoke City and Swansea City are 14th, 15th and 16th in the league. 

Moore’s style of football was interesting. Despite being a defender in his playing days, he favoured an attacking brand of football where little importance was placed on defending and despite conceding plenty, they’ve managed to score plenty through Jay Rodriguez, Dwight Gayle and Harvey Barnes this season. Whilst entertaining and value for money, I suppose it doesn’t fill many with confidence should they go up, when they can’t keep a clean sheet in home Championship games. 

Rumours down this part of the world that the Chinese backers have cash issues similar to Tony Xia did with us, all or nothing for them apparently 😬

Got to love English footballs attitude to who takes over clubs

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's the difference between an administrator and a moderator on an internet forum, may i ask?

Mod can only delete posts, topics etc. Admin can change the entire coding of the forum, add new sections etc

• Subscriber

If there's one thing I've learnt in the past two years in football it's that you'll only truly get it if you support that club so having scoured West Brom fans reactions a bit, I get the feeling that they have been pretty poor for a while - haven't won at home since boxing day and are looking a bit lost without Barnes. 4th in the table is not bad but they're on a bit of a downwards trajectory.

Then again I've seen some pretty passionate defences for him as well and a lot seem to agree.

I do think this one's pretty ruthless mind you. Hope for their sake they've got a good replacement lined up immediately because they aren't in a bad position.

• Subscriber

I just can't work out why they sacked a guy that has got them into the playoffs yet the rumours now are they are looking at former managers from other clubs that also got sacked?

Former Derby County boss Gary Rowett is 8/1 with Sky Bet to be the next West Bromwich Albion manager.

Rowett left Derby at the end of last season to become Stoke City manager, but was sacked in January.

Former Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is 4/7 favourite followed by David Moyes and Preston's Alex Neil at 7/1.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-derby-county-boss-betting-2632441

Would quite like a football club to attempt or at least, threaten, to sue a black journalist, pundit etc for libel. To suggest that the sacking of Darren Moore, a man who has led his side to just three home wins since October, that is something to do with the colour of his skin is slanderous to say the least. 

I like Darren Moore a lot but if you’re not winning your home games, in front of your season ticket holders, when you have the expectations that West Brom clearly do, you can’t really grumble that much if you get sacked. 

To suggest West Brom of all clubs, the club famed in the past for black players and a club in one of the most multicultural areas of the country that undertake loads of charitable work within those communities are racist, is simply ludicrous. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Would quite like a football club to attempt or at least, threaten, to sue a black journalist, pundit etc for libel. To suggest that the sacking of Darren Moore, a man who has led his side to just three home wins since October, that is something to do with the colour of his skin is slanderous to say the least. 

I like Darren Moore a lot but if you’re not winning your home games, in front of your season ticket holders, when you have the expectations that West Brom clearly do, you can’t really grumble that much if you get sacked. 

To suggest West Brom of all clubs, the club famed in the past for black players and a club in one of the most multicultural areas of the country that undertake loads of charitable work within those communities are racist, is simply ludicrous. 

This was without doubt Puel's biggest undoing at Leicester and also at Southampton too - abysmal home results and performances which made the majority of the fans unhappy.

I do get the impression at West Brom the wheels were starting to fall off a bit.

On 11/03/2019 at 19:01, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I see Garth Crooks has played the race card over this. :dam:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47515333

While the sacking is ridiculous, this is another one of those odd sackings like many others in the past.

People like Crooks, like Campbell, who think they are the internet generation's answer to Malcolm X can fuck themselves.

Doing plenty to expand the racial gap when it SIMPLY IS NOT THE FUCKING ISSUE, in the name of self-aggrandisement; you're a scourge on the dream of racial equality. Shame.

On 14/03/2019 at 12:20, Smiley Culture said:

A radio presenter talking bollocks to create content for his show? Why do people still fall for that crap?

I'm no fan of Durham's, and I agree that he does talk a lot of "bollocks", but some of his points are interesting to hear and be considered. I'm not having all of it, but am not ignoring it all either just because the fella is a plum. His points about the treatment of previous managers is correct, so hard to ignore.

• The title was changed to West Brom Sack Darren Moore; Bilic as Replacement?

Archived