talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel "The Honey Badger" Ricciardo

football forum

football forum

Can't believe we don't have a thread for the Honey Badger. The most likeable driver on the grid bar none. Go get 'em Danny Ric!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:x I already had a topic prepared 2-3 times for him, but I didn't want anyone to think that I'm in love with him or something, hehehe :x

No, but honestly. What an absolute fantastic guy. 

People seem to forget that Hülkenberg was once called "The next Schumacher". He had a lot of bad luck, and difficulties to get into a top team because of his height/weight back in the day. Still always managed to get decent results, and a Williams on pole in Brazil in 2010. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Tommy said:

People seem to forget that Hülkenberg was once called "The next Schumacher". He had a lot of bad luck, and difficulties to get into a top team because of his height/weight back in the day. Still always managed to get decent results, and a Williams on pole in Brazil in 2010. 

This season could be Hulkenberg's big chance really. If he matches or beats Ricciardo his stock will rise significantly again. I still think he's probably just past the age where he's likely to be on the radar of the top teams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 16/03/2019 at 07:28, Tommy said:

Must have been a pain having to register his name change twice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/04/2019 at 11:06, nudge said:

Three place grid penalty for Ricciardo in Barcelona!

This Renault move definitely isn't working out well for him...

No kidding - and it sucks as after I watched the show, he looks so quick, dangerous, and like an elite driver. But now the sport is dominated by Mercedes and it's only Max that is looking good and not part of the Mercedes team. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Eco said:

No kidding - and it sucks as after I watched the show, he looks so quick, dangerous, and like an elite driver. But now the sport is dominated by Mercedes and it's only Max that is looking good and not part of the Mercedes team. 

I just don't get why'd he go to Renault... Seats are obviously limited in F1 and he was offered a lot of money while he would have had to play the second fiddle to Max at RB. But seriously, Renault? A team that can't build a proper chassis and struggles with reliability with their PU as well? I mean Ricciardo had 8 DNFs and a few free practice issues driving a Renault PU powered car last season himself. Not saying all of them were Renault fault but it's been obvious for quite a while that their PUs have reliability issues. Add a poor chassis to that and you've got a disappointing car which is frustrating to drive... 

On 31/05/2019 at 20:06, nudge said:

would have had to play the second fiddle to Max at RB. 

And that's what a driver of his caliber with his determination didn't want. Obviously he was aiming for a Ferrari or Mercedes seat, and when those options vanished, he didn't have many others to choose from. Still, Renault are a big brand, and there's always hope that they'll finally get their shit together. 

• Subscriber

I like Ricciardo but he did have his head up his own arse for over a year. He kept going on about options like Ferrari or Merc was a dead cert. Obviously you have to have faith in your own ability, or maybe he was trying to play RB hand at the time. I felt he went on with hinself a bit, as good a guy as he is.

• Subscriber
On 06/06/2019 at 23:52, Tommy said:

And that's what a driver of his caliber with his determination didn't want. Obviously he was aiming for a Ferrari or Mercedes seat, and when those options vanished, he didn't have many others to choose from. Still, Renault are a big brand, and there's always hope that they'll finally get their shit together. 

Even if Renault somehow get their shit together, they still won't be a title challenging team any time soon. Not sure what it brings to Ricciardo apart of money. In Red Bull he would at least have had a decent car and could showcase his skills for an eventual move to Ferrari or Mercedes in the near future. Not sure he's going to impress anyone driving a shitty Renault and he's not getting any younger either. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived