talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus (3) 3-0 (2) Atletico Madrid (2nd Leg) - Tuesday 12th March, 2019

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team that makes signings like Lemar can't justify playing that way.

A 2-0 lead is the perfect springboard to go out and try to get an away goal to seal the tie. Atlético scarcely looked arsed until they were 3-0 down with minutes to go. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Absolutely deserved. Ronaldo haunting Atletico again. 

Cowardly approach that is well and truly punished. 

So correct mate, watched them for years, especially in their title winning season. so many games even against shite teams, his set-up is so negative. He approahces games like this, despite having some of the best flair/attacking players over the last few years, his style makes Mourinho look attacking.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Do people prefer the winger Ronaldo or the target man Ronaldo?

As a United fan, not being bias but I preferred his style at United. Especially the last 20 minutes of games where he would get the ball in his own half and just kill teams off. He was immense at Real but they turned him into a goal scoring machine, at United he did a bit more. 

but I have to admit, his abs, lats and legs got better at Real, plus being in the sun allowed us to see the cut in his muscles. 

The implication that Ronaldo is just a 'target man' now is nonsense, in fact this season he's been closer to his winger best than for many a year. Last night he showed his ability as a physical presence striker but he's still got the ability to go past people and create. Again, it's a shame he's such a loathsome individual as he should really be cherished as one of the greatest sportsmen ever.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The implication that Ronaldo is just a 'target man' now is nonsense, in fact this season he's been closer to his winger best than for many a year. Last night he showed his ability as a physical presence striker but he's still got the ability to go past people and create. Again, it's a shame he's such a loathsome individual as he should really be cherished as one of the greatest sportsmen ever.

I think he kind of is isn't he? His name is synonymous with the word football globally and people might struggle to say other player names but his and Messi are even on the names of people who don't know the sport very well.

• Subscriber
On 12/03/2019 at 22:19, Gunnersauraus said:

When was the last time atletico lost a straight knockout in Europe to a team that wasn't real Madrid?

Rubin Kazan 2013. I actually looked this up the other day xD

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Do people prefer the winger Ronaldo or the target man Ronaldo?

Always preferred the more flair, entertaining Ronaldo but I am taking immense satisfaction these days seeing how good he is in the air. He is the best aerial threat I have ever seen. Absolutely outstanding.

Atletico got what they deserved. That was a pathetic effort from them start to finish.

Archived