talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona (5) 5-1 (1) Lyon - Wednesday 13th March, 2019

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Barcelona at home with a chance to advance and not have to chase anything? I am thinking Barcelona will throw the kitchen sink at Lyon like they did with PSG when they went home. If that's the kind of game on offer it would be silly to miss it.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Barcelona at home with a chance to advance and not have to chase anything? I am thinking Barcelona will throw the kitchen sink at Lyon like they did with PSG when they went home. If that's the kind of game on offer it would be silly to miss it.

I don't see the logic in this. Lyon are no mugs and unless they're losing, there's really no need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Just control the game and outscore them with sensible play. There's no rush like the PSG game where they needed to score 5 goals I think it was.

It's a totally different game to how that one was. Totally different scenario. The most important thing is to stop Lyon scoring as well. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't see the logic in this. Lyon are no mugs and unless they're losing, there's really no need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Just control the game and outscore them with sensible play. There's no rush like the PSG game where they needed to score 5 goals I think it was.

It's a totally different game to how that one was. Totally different scenario. The most important thing is to stop Lyon scoring as well. 

Granted they had a lot of chances in the first leg (Barcelona) as well but that didn't translate into a win and if you're going into the last chance to progress and you're at home you want to hit the ground running and get a leg up on the opponent and not let them settle. This is something they've always done well at home and its served them well over the years as well. I don't expect them to run the first 70 minutes like its their only chance but I don't expect them to sit back either and play faster-paced football than they did in the first leg to put pressure on the opponent to into thinking more about playing defensively than thinking they have a chance to get a goal.

If that pressure mounts and Lyon have to scramble to get a goal then they can use that to their advantage to maybe nick another goal and put the tie to bed but to think they'll play containment football and risk that on a chance for progression seems a little odd to me.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

From a realistic point of view...I just hope Lyon aren't embarrassed. 

Lyon really have to hope for a single goal to turn things to their favor. If they can't muster that then it could see them exit but I figure both teams know that this is it and at some point they'll have to start taking risks to solidify their position. Lyon have gotten this far and I don't see them getting embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would be great if Real Madrid and Atletico were joined by Barca. I can't see it happening, but it would be great for football.

Why is that? Barcelona play great football. Think this is the end of the Spanish dominance though. High chance of an all English tie in the next round 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why is that? Barcelona play great football. Think this is the end of the Spanish dominance though. High chance of an all English tie in the next round 

Because Barca are a bunch of cunts

5 hours ago, Panna King said:

Calm down! It was a joke! xD 

Fair enough xD although to be fair you did predict Ajax to beat Madrid

• The title was changed to Barcelona (5) 5-1 (1) Lyon - Wednesday 13th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived