talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona (5) 5-1 (1) Lyon - Wednesday 13th March, 2019

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't play Coutinho and they have a shot

It's amazing how downhill he has gone since injury as he was genuinely a vital player before that and seemed like he was a signing in the right direction. As it stands now, he's closer to the worst signing ever..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Penessi? 

That means "penis-si" in Spanish. Please never say that again. Pessi is better.

Just now, Cicero said:

Messi ends it 

I thought he was having a poor second half but he showed up when they most needed him. On the other hand, Arthur is better than what I remember him at Gremio.

• Subscriber

Why does Messi's performance have to be dubbed a "response" to Ronaldos hat trick last night? I'm sure he's thinking about 'yeah these two extra goals are really going to show everyone I'm better than him. Absolute tedium how everything either player does is constantly compared. 

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why does Messi's performance have to be dubbed a "response" to Ronaldos hat trick last night? I'm sure he's thinking about 'yeah these two extra goals are really going to show everyone I'm better than him. Absolute tedium how everything either player does is constantly compared. 

Because of their "rivalry" and the dick measuring contests between the Ronaldo fanboys and the Messi fanboys. Although in my books, all of those lads probably measure up as fucking tiiiiiiiny

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Said it before but I don't know how there can be a serious Messi/Ronaldo debate. Lionel is absolutely streets ahead and always has been, Cristiano is a phenomenal talent but Messi is quite literally the best there ever has been.

Case closed for me, not even a serious discussion.

You're also biased as can be  - not saying you're wrong, but we all know you love Barca, and that's fine. 

I don't think it's as cut and dry as you say. Ronaldo is miles ahead of Messi, in my opinion, when it comes to international play. Without CR, Portugal are good, but with him they are a top 10 team in the world. You take Messi out of Argentina, and then maybe they'll start Icardi and maybe actually play up to their ability. 

They also have such different skillsets that it's hard to really compare them, but as a leader, I'll take CR over anyone and it's not even close. Just ask Atletico their thoughts. 

• The title was changed to Barcelona (5) 5-1 (1) Lyon - Wednesday 13th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived