talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We're slightly in the advantage here being in a position to grab away goals but if we are anything like the first leg then this might go into ET and god knows what will happen then. Going with a win for us and through to the next round though just based on how the team has been playing lately and the added advantage that most of our rear guard will be fit for this one (hoping Trent can make it). 

On 11/03/2019 at 10:26, Mel81x said:

We're slightly in the advantage here being in a position to grab away goals but if we are anything like the first leg then this might go into ET and god knows what will happen then. Going with a win for us and through to the next round though just based on how the team has been playing lately and the added advantage that most of our rear guard will be fit for this one (hoping Trent can make it). 

No offense but you have been terrible away from home in the champions League. Hopefully you can get a score draw or a win though. I want Liverpool to go through

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No offense but you have been terrible away from home in the champions League. Hopefully you can get a score draw or a win though. I want Liverpool to go through

Considering we should have done better in the first leg I hope we do get a win here not a draw as I think we're actually good value for it. Our form hasn't been the same the last time we were in this position but looking at the fact that we have our key defender back and we've just come off a game where we've shown glimpses of what we can do from an attack sense I hope we get through this and beat them.

If Liverpool score first then I think that will be the tie wrapped up for them, but I expect Bayern will start strong and Liverpool will need to try hard to get into their rhythm before Bayern put too much pressure on them.

If Liverpool get a decent counter or two early then that puts a bit of nervousness into the atmosphere and Liverpool can build on that.

16 minutes ago, Inverted said:

If Liverpool score first then I think that will be the tie wrapped up for them, but I expect Bayern will start strong and Liverpool will need to try hard to get into their rhythm before Bayern put too much pressure on them.

If Liverpool get a decent counter or two early then that puts a bit of nervousness into the atmosphere and Liverpool can build on that.

Image result for laughing gif

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Do you trust that defence to hold up on the counterattack if Bayern are pressured into chasing two goals?

I trust Bayern Munich at the Alianz arena to score some fucking goals my son.

I'm just gonna keep spouting dumb shit until Bayern lose 3-0 then I won't post for 3 days don't mind me, just here to rustle jimmies 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I trust Bayern Munich at the Alianz arena to score some fucking goals my son.

I'm just gonna keep spouting dumb shit until Bayern lose 3-0 then I won't post for 3 days don't mind me, just here to rustle jimmies 

As do I, but there's a difference between doing it by putting Liverpool under the cosh and doing it by getting into a mental back and forth game with a team and manager who lives for those situations. 

I honestly think it's quite even.

Liverpool will go there banking on catching Bayern out on the counter, and then heaping the pressure on them as the home side, which is perfectly doable. 

Bayern will be counting on being able to overwhelm them and build up a decent lead before Liverpool get into the swing of things, which is also very doable. 

Nervous as fuck. Bayern coming into form as of late and they demolished Wolfsburg at the weekend as a little confidence booster. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we will go through. But I don't think we will beat them going for a nervy 2-2.

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't understand Klopp's insistence on that midfield in big games like this when he has Fabinho at his disposal now. We'll see though I suppose. 

Yeah got to agree. Fabinho should be starting every game if fit. 

I think we'll go out tonight which would be gutting, but as always I wont lose my shit if we do. 

Come on lads!!!

• The title was changed to Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived