talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019

It's just astounding to see a team as huge as Bayern having absolutely no creativity except hoping one of their wingers can beat 2 or 3 men every time. 

Absolutely rotten football that any well coached team can deal with easily. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Who ridiculed you for that? The Serie A has been better than the Bundesliga the entire time I've been alive xD

People on here, and on another forum before this. Profile gets in the way, when Serie A trumps the German league.

Bundesliga had a purple patch between 2008 and 2013 but after that it went back to its reality.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bayern are an embarrassment every year in the Champions League, they're just another PSG in that sense. 

Walk the league and get proper mugged off in Europe, even Pep couldn't break the cycle.

xD They won the season before pep came, and were dominating finalists the season before!! HE BROKE THE FUCKING CYCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slimy bald greasy cunt fuck. And peps useless too.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

It's just astounding to see a team as huge as Bayern having absolutely no creativity except hoping one of their wingers can beat 2 or 3 men every time. 

Absolutely rotten football that any well coached team can deal with easily. 

Nah, usually they have a playmaker in midfield. Not a fat spaniard and some coke head Shakira tribe motherfucker.

I didn't like how Pep's Bayern got tactically outwitted every semi-final, but they played much better football than they have done the past 2 years. Team has stayed with the times and lost its touch. More than likely due to age. 

Annoyed at Robertson getting that yellow, the Wally. Other than that, what a second half from us. After a nervous end to the first half I was really worried that they would take over the tie in the second half. Instead, they decided to do absolutely fuck all and we took our chances well.

Nailed on either Barcelona or Juventus for us. 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

People on here, and on another forum before this. Profile gets in the way, when Serie A trumps the German league.

Bundesliga had a purple patch between 2008 and 2013 but after that it went back to its reality.

I think Germany's got the best footballing culture in Europe, especially their fans, and their league is fairly entertaining. And yeah the Serie A has fallen pretty spectacularly from the 90s and the early-mid 2000s, but it's still a very strong league - even if it's become a one horse race for so many years.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I didn't like how Pep's Bayern got tactically outwitted every semi-final, but they played much better football than they have done the past 2 years. Team has stayed with the times and lost its touch. More than likely due to age. 

I would even say that Peps Bayern had more of a problem with finishing than with tactics.

For example I've never seen any team batter Simeone's Atlético like Bayern did in 2016, but Atlético were just far more ruthless, 

I think Germany's got the best footballing culture in Europe, especially their fans, and their league is fairly entertaining. And yeah the Serie A has fallen pretty spectacularly from the 90s and the early-mid 2000s, but it's still a very strong league - even if it's become a one horse race for so many years.

Germany still has a better league than most, especially Ligue 1. My argument though is that it's not better than Serie A. It's true that Juve is the big dog and the rest are competitive at best, but the fact that Bayern is probably going to win the league, being absolutely dreadful is funny and proves my point perfectly. Their second best team, BVB couldn't beat a bare bones Tottenham side. 

Everyone else just gets humiliated in Europe. Roma, Napoli, Lazio and Inter may not be of European winning standard but are still competitive enough to cause an upset.

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Advantage Bayern. Will be a huge task to keep them scoreless another half, or for us to score again. 

I think they'l go through 2-1

You really need to start having more faith in this team, mate. They're fucking good you know!

Anyway, we were excellent second half, particularly after we took the lead, barely gave them a sniff. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I would even say that Peps Bayern had more of a problem with finishing than with tactics.

For example I've never seen any team batter Simeone's Atlético like Bayern did in 2016, but Atlético were just far more ruthless, 

I'm far more appreciative of Pep's Bayern now than I was when he was actually there.

I think the biggest flaw was how much he began to kill their identity as a club. Bringing in shite Spaniards that didn't work out too well.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Germany still has a better league than most, especially Ligue 1. My argument though is that it's not better than Serie A. It's true that Juve is the big dog and the rest are competitive at best, but the fact that Bayern is probably going to win the league, being absolutely dreadful is funny and proves my point perfectly. Their second best team, BVB couldn't beat a bare bones Tottenham side. 

Everyone else just gets humiliated in Europe. Roma, Napoli, Lazio and Inter may not be of European winning standard but are still competitive enough to cause an upset.

So onto a slightly different topic, how do you feel about James once again being pretty shite? He was better in the second leg than in the first leg... and he was abysmal in the second leg.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You really need to start having more faith in this team, mate. They're fucking good you know!

Anyway, we were excellent second half, particularly after we took the lead, barely gave them a sniff. 

Did Bayern have a shot on target all match?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So onto a slightly different topic, how do you feel about James once again being pretty shite? He was better in the second leg than in the first leg... and he was abysmal in the second leg.

I was watching Barcelona with my cousin, so I can't comment. If the same could be said about the league, then it'd be hard to defend him. Which is a shame cos he was brilliant between 2010-2016

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bayern are an embarrassment every year in the Champions League, they're just another PSG in that sense. 

Walk the league and get proper mugged off in Europe, even Pep couldn't break the cycle.

Only just seen this. What a ridiculous statement. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did Bayern have a shot on target all match?

Not that I can remember

• Subscriber

Looked for a short while like Bayern managed to drag Liverpool down to their level but only one team looked like winning it the last half hour.

I don't know why so many people are surprised. Bayern have been hit and miss this season whereas Liverpool have consistently been able to win games without being at their best. One 6-0 win over Wolfsburg isn't going to change that.

The main thing that stands out is that you have a fast defence that aren't incompetent and you're up against a slow attack, it's going to be a comfortable evening for you. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The main thing that stands out is that you have a fast defence that aren't incompetent and you're up against a slow attack, it's going to be a comfortable evening for you. 

It also helps that Bayern seemed to be utterly devoid of any creativity except for Ribery, who's about a billion years old now.

• Subscriber

It also helps that Bayern seemed to be utterly devoid of any creativity except for Ribery, who's about a billion years old now.

Yeah thought Ribery showed some quality. Gnabry and Coman both seem to be all pace, some skill, not much quality, at least for this level.

• The title was changed to Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived