talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019

Frankly, Liverpool were just a little bit above average. Nothing special from them, it was actually a very infuriating game due to so many errors, and yet they didn't break sweat. 

I was banging my head against the wall because Bayern were there for the taking so can only imagine how many 'Fuck Sake's' were said during that game by our resident Red fans till Van Dijk bagged.

But they did it. That's what counts.

Bayern are finished. Their cycle is over. Rebuilding job required. I genuinely think all four english sides would have disposed of them, as well as Chelsea and even dare I say it, Arsenal. And that's where they are at to be blunt.

They will come again but they need a younger, hungrier team.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game over after that Neuer howler.  

I dislike how after the goal he turns at his teammates and starts yelling.  Take a look in the mirror and own it. He is done.  Not first howler he had this season. A bad foot or thumb doesn't or shouldn't equate to bad decisions 

the big surprise is that Bayern held a 0:0 in the first leg

overall knew it was done soon as the draw was done. 

At least a Spanish team didn't knock them out this season 

22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Out of all the teams in the next round I would seriously love a two leg game against Ajax or Spurs. But the reality is that we'd probably draw Juventus.

It seems like they are the team to avoid, mainly because of one man to be honest.

Could be underestimating Barcelona, but I'd have Juventus, City and Liverpool as the 3 sides no one wants to deal with at the moment.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool were absolutely superb there, has a British team ever gone and beaten Bayern Munich in a knockout round in Munich? Norwich? 

Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Chelsea. 

In the final but that was 'neutral' and won on pens? When did a side go there and win, in a knock out? Liverpool have a European scalp list incomparable to any other club. Madrid, Barcelona, Munich. 

Best thing about it is that they hate the fucking English gimps who cheer on 'English clubs'

13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In the final but that was 'neutral' and won on pens? When did a side go there and win, in a knock out? Liverpool have a European scalp list incomparable to any other club. Madrid, Barcelona, Munich. 

Best thing about it is that they hate the fucking English gimps who cheer on 'English clubs'

I don't so much hate them for cheering on English clubs... but because we're so hated in England, I know us doing well in Europe (or just generally) upsets a whole lot of people that don't like us and that's enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Not really since no one rates him anymore. He used to be very good but he didn't age well as a player. His best days were u-23.

He was good at Banfield, Porto, Monaco and his early days at Real Madrid. Shame he's fallen as a player. His poor attitude really begun to catch up with him.

It takes a lot for me to like any Liverpool side, but that was great stuff. Dogged, controlled, clinical. Never really out of second gear and still embarrassed Bayern at the Allianz. 

There's something about this side that genuinely makes me think they could win the CL this year. Shoring up that defence with Van Dijk and Allison might well prove the difference from 12 months ago: I might have a sneaky tenner on them to win it.

• Subscriber

Utter bore of a match, we never looked interested. Lewy can't do anything on his own, he had no service and probably more importantly no Muller to give him space. Lack of any creativity at all, I could say injuries played their part and they did. Coman and Goretzka on the bench coming off knocks and the Muller suspension but honestly the squad just isn't good enough we're in dire need of a refresh. James continues to show he gives no shits and needs to be sent packing its a shame because last year he was looking real bright.

Pool didn't look great it was a rather shit match overall but you had the quality and fully deserved the victory. I'm pulling for you, best of luck gents.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Machado said:

It seems like they are the team to avoid, mainly because of one man to be honest.

Could be underestimating Barcelona, but I'd have Juventus, City and Liverpool as the 3 sides no one wants to deal with at the moment.

I wouldn't necessarily club us in that bracket just yet. We won here but we could have played a lot better at home and its that inconsistency that makes me think we aren't as deadly as the other two. This isn't to say that either of the other two teams  could just get beaten as did PSG and Real after all its a cup competition and luck does favor those that chase it so we shall see how far we go. Am I more confident after last night's performance? Yes. Do I think we have it to go all the way? No I don't think so and we're missing an attack outlet in Robertson for the first leg of the next match too.

10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

You really need to start having more faith in this team, mate. They're fucking good you know!

Anyway, we were excellent second half, particularly after we took the lead, barely gave them a sniff. 

Haha! I fear what the result will be the day I make a positive prediction! 😀

Credit to Liverpool for pulling this off... started watching but the stream went down at 0-0.. obviously the goals started flowing soon after that as I was listening on the radio... Thought Pool might have been at a bit of a disadvantage playing away and having only played Sunday but that proved not to be the case.. 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Frankly, Liverpool were just a little bit above average. Nothing special from them, it was actually a very infuriating game due to so many errors, and yet they didn't break sweat. 

I was banging my head against the wall because Bayern were there for the taking so can only imagine how many 'Fuck Sake's' were said during that game by our resident Red fans till Van Dijk bagged.

But they did it. That's what counts.

Bayern are finished. Their cycle is over. Rebuilding job required. I genuinely think all four english sides would have disposed of them, as well as Chelsea and even dare I say it, Arsenal. And that's where they are at to be blunt.

They will come again but they need a younger, hungrier team.

Fully agree with this. Really we're just lucky Mane is in such great form right now. Salah and Firmino look a shadow of their former selves at the moment and overall there seems to be so much less pace,  menace and verve in our counter attacks....

Happy we got through but at this point in the season I'm not sure why we still don't look to be in full flight and it concerns me. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fellows reds fans... what dictates who you hope to play in the next draw? 

Easiest matchup? 

Sexiest matchup? 

Grudge match? 

I'd like Ajax in the next round, think those would be entertaining games and we would have a very good chance of going through. 

More I think about it though, the more I'm expecting us to be drawn City.

• The title was changed to Bayern Munich (1) 1-3 (3) Liverpool (2nd Leg) - Wednesday 13th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived