Morecambe vs MK Dons
Northampton vs Newport
Port Vale vs Yeovil
Stevenage vs Swindon
Tranmere vs Grimsby

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game for us. This and Bolton at home are the only 'easy' enough games we have left, and whilst we are in no danger of dropping down we need something to stop the rot that has set in. Reasonably confident as despite Saturday's scoreline we did have chances aplenty, hopefully against a lesser defence and a non-shit referee we may actually convert one or two of them.

It'll be exactly the same team starting tomorrow as it was at the weekend which means Bamford is fit. We need him firing on all cylinders with no Roofe.

We have a poor record at Reading in recent times. We really do need to find 3pts down there ahead of the Blades on Saturday.

Got to keep our noses in front because I can't see them losing much with what they have left.

Sheffield United away, probably a loss with one of Hogan, Egan or O'Connell scoring. We got a big win against Boro on the weekend and I think that's probably zapped us a bit too, I'd love to see us go on a run but I can't see it.

22 hours ago, Danny said:

Sheffield United away, probably a loss with one of Hogan, Egan or O'Connell scoring. We got a big win against Boro on the weekend and I think that's probably zapped us a bit too, I'd love to see us go on a run but I can't see it.

If it's one of those multi match choices tonight, yours looks the best match for viewing. 

I say this and it ends up being a dull 0-0.

20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If it's one of those multi match choices tonight, yours looks the best match for viewing. 

I say this and it ends up being a dull 0-0.

I'd bite your hand off at a clean sheet.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Eco said:

Must win at Walsall today. The recent string of draws are really hurting Pompey in getting automatically promoted, but Luton & Barnsley are absolutely on fire ATM. 

2-0 up after 25 minutes...

Frustrating penalty to concede, especially as United posed no real threat until it. Just been lumping it long and trying to play on the wings.

Didnt see the foul and no replays on Sky but Gary Madine has been sent off.

Fair play to Sheffield United, defended well and other than their penalty, managed a goal from a corner.

First half we were sloppy but controlled the game, before and after the red. Second half we came out and for ten minutes looked great, hit the post, anything could have happened. But for about 30/35 minutes we went back to sloppy, lackadaisical, no plan of attack just hitting wild shots and and crosses everywhere. Rarely attacked the byline, just no idea whatsoever.

Wouldnt have expected us to win tonight under normal conditions, but to lose 2-0 to a side that offered nothing go forward for 90 minutes sums us up nicely. Flashes of great football, no grit or consistency and far too naive. I could scream and shout about this game all night but considering not long ago we were a League 1/2 side I’ll take a midtable finish this season.

Fair play to Sheffield United, those are the performances that get them promoted.

57 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fair play to Sheffield United, defended well and other than their penalty, managed a goal from a corner.

First half we were sloppy but controlled the game, before and after the red. Second half we came out and for ten minutes looked great, hit the post, anything could have happened. But for about 30/35 minutes we went back to sloppy, lackadaisical, no plan of attack just hitting wild shots and and crosses everywhere. Rarely attacked the byline, just no idea whatsoever.

Wouldnt have expected us to win tonight under normal conditions, but to lose 2-0 to a side that offered nothing go forward for 90 minutes sums us up nicely. Flashes of great football, no grit or consistency and far too naive. I could scream and shout about this game all night but considering not long ago we were a League 1/2 side I’ll take a midtable finish this season.

Fair play to Sheffield United, those are the performances that get them promoted.

Cheers Brentford. I thought with an extra man you'd see us right but I think you could have played till midnight and not scored. Can't wait for us to come to Griffin Park where you turn it on against us.

Happy to put that terrible record to bed at Reading. Didn't quite expect the stroll we had but it was an oddly refreshing change not to be panicking with 10mins to go at hanging on for a result. 

Now to Saturday. That's the big one.

Quit checking after Pompey went up 3-0, and when I checked the score after getting home, I swore it said 3-3...but thanks god for that. 

Regardless, it's a massive result against a struggling team, but the result made even larger with draws for the two teams ahead of them. 

PUP :congrats:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived