talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Each Team Year on Year Performance

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

West Ham look the best out of that lot when it's presented on percentage difference.

Liverpool and Spurs look good based on points difference though. Just further emphasises how well Liverpool are doing there. And Spurs, too, having spent nothing for the last two transfer windows.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Wolves are the surprise based on that. You'd be forgiven for forgetting they were in the Championship last season.

Not necessarily. They've spent very well with the help of that super agent and they've got a very good manager. The only surprise being how comfortable they look in the league. I expected survival from them but they seem like they've been playing in the league for a good few years let alone this being their first season back. 

• Subscriber

0% chance for us. I still maintain that you can cut the manager some slack given that he'd had to overhaul the playing style completely without having a blank cheque to sign an entire new squad.

Also if we hadn't signed Richarlison, Digne, Gomes and Zouma and instead had another summer of Walsh and Allardyce spending that money we could genuinely have been a bottom 6 side this season.

Impressive from Emery and Pellegrini in their first seasons at their clubs.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

West Ham look the best out of that lot when it's presented on percentage difference.

Liverpool and Spurs look good based on points difference though. Just further emphasises how well Liverpool are doing there. And Spurs, too, having spent nothing for the last two transfer windows.

I presume you mean arsenal not spurs?

The surprise of the list for me is west ham. It wasn't really on my radar how well they're doing this year. 

Wolves most impressive imo.

Happy to see liverpool up there too. 20 points closer to city than this time last year. 

23 hours ago, shut up said:

King Unai has done it again B|

Cant argue with it really. I mean we are second best behind west ham. 

On 11/03/2019 at 17:17, RandoEFC said:

0% chance for us. I still maintain that you can cut the manager some slack given that he'd had to overhaul the playing style completely without having a blank cheque to sign an entire new squad.

Also if we hadn't signed Richarlison, Digne, Gomes and Zouma and instead had another summer of Walsh and Allardyce spending that money we could genuinely have been a bottom 6 side this season.

Impressive from Emery and Pellegrini in their first seasons at their clubs.

Well you had a bad start under koeman and yet you had the same amount of points at this stage last season. He plays shit football but I think you would have done ok under allardyce. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well you had a bad start under koeman and yet you had the same amount of points at this stage last season. He plays shit football but I think you would have done ok under allardyce. 

Allardyce did a good job for what he was brought in for but his job was to secure survival. It is fair to judge a six month appointment after six months. I also agree that we'd have done okay for another season or two under Allardyce but it's not like he was a five year plan manager who could get us to a cup final or top six with time.

Silvas remit is a bit different. He's been brought in to do a job over several years not half a season, so it needs to be at least a couple of seasons before he's judged definitively rather than after one season.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Allardyce did a good job for what he was brought in for but his job was to secure survival. It is fair to judge a six month appointment after six months. I also agree that we'd have done okay for another season or two under Allardyce but it's not like he was a five year plan manager who could get us to a cup final or top six with time.

Silvas remit is a bit different. He's been brought in to do a job over several years not half a season, so it needs to be at least a couple of seasons before he's judged definitively rather than after one season.

I think managers should be given 2 seasons if possible. Everton are in a situation where they can do that. Good to see a fan supporting the manager rather than wanting him gone after one defeat. Not sure if he is good enough myself but time will tell

• Subscriber

We've done about as I've expected really. Puel had to get off to a good start and it was very mixed. We developed so many bad habits under him that it was never going to work. I'm quite liking Rodgers so far, feel like he's someone the players will really work well with. That Vardy's scored more goals at home this season since Puel's been sacked then he did beforehand is quite telling.

Archived