talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zidane Re-Hired As Real Madrid Manager

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wonder how it will go this time around for him? He needs to find a consistent goal threat in someone and is possibly going to have to do some serious buying in the summer too (not like that will be a problem considering his past success). Good luck to the guy, I figured this would be the last place he'd ever want to go back to.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I called this. Back in the seat but I'm sure with some very specific promises made from Perez. 

And I'm sure Zidane had his promises and own terms to put to Perez as conditions for taking a job. No doubt the main one being find someone as influential and effective as Ronaldo was for them. Get Hazard in, go all out for Mbappe. They're gonna have to replace some experienced and older individuals soon, too, no doubt - Modric & Ramos are 33 & 32 respectively. Benzema and Marcelo 30 or over.

I think he'll go big for Kante. That's the first signing I would make for them.

The midfield needs reinvigorating, fresh energy and tempo. Signing Kante will allow him a solid base to build the more flamboyant stars around.

He could have the exact same impact for Madrid as Makelele did. He is basically this generation's version of Makelele but with the difference that he's more dynamic and a wider range of passing.

I'm almost sure Zidane will want him. Getting him would be another matter.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm almost sure Zidane will want him. Getting him would be another matter.

Perez has drank the winning kool-aid and will burst the bank account to get anyone that Zidane wants now. Its not really a matter of it but more of a when. Add to the fact that they've just gone through what can only be described as a downfall and most of their stars are ageing so they need to keep the galactico flag flying high with high-profile signings.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not like Kante just signed a contract extension.  If he wants to leave, Real will have to fork over something massive. 

Can't see Kante wanting to leave either. 

You think he want's to stay at fucking Chelsea? With a transfer ban? 

I don't necessarily agree that Real will have huge eyes for him, so this is all absolute conjecture. But if they did I feel he'd be happy to wave goodbye.

As for ZIdane...

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You think he want's to stay at fucking Chelsea? With a transfer ban? 

I don't necessarily agree that Real will have huge eyes for him, so this is all absolute conjecture. But if they did I feel he'd be happy to wave goodbye.

He just signed a contract extension til 2023. He's rejected PSG and preferred us over CL football on two occasions. Either he is a very patient man or he is satisfied with where he is. 

That said, It's come to a point, along with Hazard, where they really don't owe us anything. So no harm if they want to leave to a club that matches their ambition, as it clearly doesn't here with the money we spend on Drinkwater's and Zappacosta's. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He just signed a contract extension til 2023. He's rejected PSG and preferred us over CL football on two occasions. Either he is a very patient man or he is satisfied with where he is. 

That said, It's come to a point, along with Hazard, where they really don't owe us anything. So no harm if they want to leave to a club that matches their ambition, as it clearly doesn't here with the money we spend on Drinkwater's and Zappacosta's. 

Plus he absolutely adores Chelsea as it is. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

@SirBalon what's the inside word on why he came back? What did he get that he couldn't get back in May 2018?

Improved terms most likely. He wanted control of the rebuild process but Perez wouldn't subdue to some of his demands. At this point, Perez is desperate. 

• 9 months later...

Archived