talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Louis van Gaal Retires

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While his United sent me to sleep, I do firmly believe the club would be better position if they stuck with him [up until the recent Solskjaer promotion]. You'd have to wager that United's younger players would have developed into the players they are now much quicker.

• Subscriber

His way of playing did make me fall asleep but saying that may be given more time the players might have adapted to the style of play he prefered, if you look at Pep at City when he first arrived even I took the piss out of his style of play from the back from the keeper first and said it would never work in the EPL, I got, like many others, egg in our faces with that one.

Saying all that I did think he treated Robin Van Persie like shit, Van Persie had scored 48 goals for United and even in the World Cup under Van Gaal he played his socks off but as soon as VG arrived at OT you knew then that he did not want Van Persie and even made him train with the reserves, that was shite to me and many other United supporters, but he has retired now so I wish him well. 

Archived