talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stuff you used to watch which now embarrasses you?

football forum

• Subscriber

Did you watch anything for years? Then watched an episode of it years later and think how/why the fuck did I use to watch that? I just watched Emmerdale for 5 minutes and I was cringing, use to watch it for years along with Eastenders and Corrie. I stopped around 12 years ago, and just can't believe that I use to watch this shite.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I have actually heard grown men having conversations about episodes of 'say yes to the dress,' this is a real piss take, if their gay then fair play.

• Administrator

Eastenders. At one point I'd religiously watch it despite how utterly shambolic it was now I look back on it xD.

Got in to Love Island last year as well.

• Subscriber

Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Thomas the Tank Engine, I would watch the shows with our grandsons when they were 3 years old but they have grown up now and when I think of it, at the time why did I watch it with them?... I liked Thomas the Tank Engine though  :eek:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Eastenders. At one point I'd religiously watch it despite how utterly shambolic it was now I look back on it xD.

Got in to Love Island last year as well.

:/

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Eastenders.

Watching it now, or the wife is, I went off that show years ago because of the silly storylines but they have not been too bad lately the same as the other soaps like Corry & Emmerdale. 

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Thomas the Tank Engine, I would watch the shows with our grandsons when they were 3 years old but they have grown up now and when I think of it, at the time why did I watch it with them?... I liked Thomas the Tank Engine though  :eek:

I used to want to be a Postman because of Postman Pat. I'm pretty sure I'd hate that job, so good thing I grew out of that.

Some German soap operas, but only until I got old (or wise?) enough to understand that they're so pointless. I heard Brits are still big fans of Soap Operas. Maybe that's why we're finally throwing them out of the EU. 

The soaps in the UK are abysmal. My mum and Dad were devoted Emmerdale and Corrie fans, to the point where they’d record them went they went on holiday but now, they don’t watch either due to how laughably bad the storylines and acting in them are. 

Soaps have become a victim of their own success in the sense that they’re now on almost daily, most are five to six times a week and so, they have to come up with storylines to fill that time and thus, that’s why they’re all farfetched, recycling each other’s stories and unrealistic. If they were on maximum three times a week, you’d probably see an uptake in quality and storylines. 

• Subscriber

I pretty much stopped watching TV when I was 13 and have only been buying/borrowing/downloading/streaming selected films and series since then, thus anything I'd be embarrassed about should come from the time when I was a teen so not sure that qualifies... I did watch a few Mexican soap operas when I was a kid as it was a novelty back then xD Other than that, Rocky Horror Picture Show is still my guilty pleasure but that doesn't embarrass me anyway.

• Subscriber

The Gold channel has Only fools and everyone in my house still loves it. My uncles were addicts. Usually prior to it coming on Dads Army is usually on first, so I always get the back end of it, never watched a full episode. When the few minutes of dads army is on, my mum always says, I can’t believe we use to find dads army funny, was it that bad?

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Toinho said:

Home and away and neighbours. Used to watch them when I was 11-13 maybe. Some hot babes though. 

Bloody hell, that's still on over here but stopped watching them years ago, I liked Neighbours but not Home & Away at the time when it first came out.

You can't beat all the old sit comedies like Only Fools & Horses, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers, Rising Damp etc and I still watch them nowadays. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Toinho said:

Home and away and neighbours. Used to watch them when I was 11-13 maybe. Some hot babes though. 

Home & Away used to be class at the very beginning!!!

On 13/03/2019 at 07:13, CaaC - John said:

The British kids show's are pretty good imo.

Go Jetters. Hey Duggee. Thomas. Andy's dinosaur adventures. All excellent. 

So much better than the US equivalents.

Paw patrol. Blaze and the monster machines. Etc.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah I can vouch for that. My Grandparents used to watch it in the late 90's so when I was at their house it would be on the TV so I'd take it in. Class show - much better than the other soaps around at the time.

Don't know if it's still going, haven't seen it for about 18 years now.

I think it's still running... 

I watched it religiously as a kid in early or mid 90s when it was first aired on TV; everyone was pretty much obsessed with it back then haha. It had well written characters, interesting events and issues that kids as well as adults of different ages could relate to... I re-watched a few first episodes about twenty years later and to be fair it was still good. Didn't dare to watch any of the new episodes though as it would probably ruin my memories xD 

Let the Blood Run Free was another Australian "masterpiece" that I grew up watching but that was a completely different beast altogether xD 

• The title was changed to Stuff you used to watch which now embarrasses you?

Archived