talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stuff you used to watch which now embarrasses you?

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Don't know if it's still going, haven't seen it for about 18 years now.

You still get it on our Virgin tv channels plus neighbours as I mentioned a few posts back but I can remember my sister in Australia on the phone years ago said that the episodes we see here in the UK are way, way behind, she reckons about a year or two out of date. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use to watch desperate housewives. Bit of subject but I use to love the spice girls. There first album was the first one I ever bought 😅

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I use to watch desperate housewives. Bit of subject but I use to love the spice girls. There first album was the first one I ever bought 😅

The first season of Desperate Housewives was quite good to be honest. Had decent mystery, plot and characters. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My first introduction to the concept of incest came from that show 

It was class at the time to be honest.

Jimmy Corkill on the smack

Gangsters like Barry Grant.

Those teens taking trips.

The salford gang holding up the close with guns, etc.

Only a scouse soap would be like that. What year was it they finished it? Got to be about 2002 or so I'd have thought.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It was class at the time to be honest.

Jimmy Corkill on the smack

Gangsters like Barry Grant.

Those teens taking trips.

The salford gang holding up the close with guns, etc.

Only a scouse soap would be like that. What year was it they finished it? Got to be about 2002 or so I'd have thought.

I can't remember when they ended it. I only watched it some of the time, but it was a quality soap as far as soaps go

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Brookside was the best soap.

Lol, the wife loved watching Brookside, I didn't, I remember Jimmy Corkhill and Ron Dixon though and Ricky Tomlinson as Bobby Grant, Tomlinson is about the only one around out of all the Brookside lot that you see nowadays. 

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't remember when they ended it. I only watched it some of the time, but it was a quality soap as far as soaps go

It was better just before it ended if you ask me as they started airing it at 11 at night due to it offending muppets when it was aired during the early evening and they didn't hold back at all around that point.

The only good soap. I used to watch Eastenders at one point, but have never been able to stand Emmerdale, Corrie and especially those shitty Aussie soaps like Neighbours and Home and Away.

3 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Lol, the wife loved watching Brookside, I didn't, I remember Jimmy Corkhill and Ron Dixon though and Ricky Tomlinson as Bobby Grant, Tomlinson is about the only one around out of all the Brookside lot that you see nowadays. 

I doubt they'd even get away with airing that these days considering how we live in a country full of sensitive bellends who take offence to everything xD.

It was very different to other soaps to say the least.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I doubt they'd even get away with airing that these days considering how we live in a country full of sensitive bellends who take offence to everything xD.

It was very different to other soaps to say the least.

Aye, the show met it's hay-day when the brother & sister if I remember right, we're having it off together and it created a big storm and criticized, I loved watching Jimmy Corkhill though, I would piss myself laughing at some of his antics and I only watched the show with the wife was when Jimmy and Sinbad was together, always getting in to bother with someone. xD  

Jimmy-and-Barry-come-to-blows-in-TV-soap Scene-from-TV-programme-Brookside.jpg

Archived