talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

If You Could Play For Anyone In England...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Ditch your loyalties to your own club for a sec. If you were for example a superstar in Spain and could play for any club in England who would it be?

Unlike many I wouldn't care about the money but about the quality of the football. Not just that but how regularly I could feature on the pitch. A team like United or Chelsea wouldn't neccesarily allow me to flourish. If I were young I'd opt for Spurs or Everton. I see potential and could learn a lot there. If I was in my prime and established as a world-class superstar in the light of Ramos and given the choice I'd choose the same two teams. If I was getting on and past it a bit I'd look to establish myself at a mid-table side. That's if I was forced to come to England. Orherwise I'd probably just stay in La Liga.

7 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Surely with money there's an amount you'd be willing to lose out on so you could win trophies instead of playing for a team bottom of the league. 

Wouldn't be interested in trophies if it wasn't with the club I supported. 

Give me that major dollar. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Wouldn't be interested in trophies if it wasn't with the club I supported. 

Give me that major dollar. 

If Burnley offer you £2.50 a week and Chelsea offer you £2.45 you'd go to Burnley? 

I'd rather lose 5 pence than put myself through that :ph34r:

Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

If Burnley offer you £2.50 a week and Chelsea offer you £2.45 you'd go to Burnley? 

A man has got to feed his family...

I am going to consider my age as it stands (24) and because I can choose any club I am going to assume I am a world class player.

I am torn between a few clubs here. Chelsea and Spurs are the ones I would like to join at the table top, Spurs for the nice football and Chelsea for the cash and playing at the bridge under lights. However. I am massively egotistical, and the thought of joining a Southampton or Everton and becoming a god in the eyes of the fans while still earning millions appeals to me greatly.

Going to indulge a bit of both and say Arsenal. Cash, London club, fans are peasants who I am choosing to grace with my presence. Might even nab a league cup.

2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If Sunderland offered you £100k and Newcastle offered £20k what would you take?

8 minutes ago, Cure said:

If Sunderland offered you £100k and Newcastle offered £20k what would you take?

The 20k with Newcastle. Once you start getting into those numbers you're set for life off 5 years work either way so it's easier to reject big money for a made up  worthless principle like football loyalty.:ph34r: besides being a Geordie playing for Sunderland you would never hear the end of it for the rest of your days unless you do what Lee Clark did and get sacked by Sunderland for calling the fans sad bastards, then you'd be a hero and cashed in. 

Liverpool. The best player at Liverpool gets turned into a "World's Best" superstar by the press in a disproportionate way (see Coutinho) so good for me if my long term ambition is to get picked up by barca or madrid.

Also I'd be attracted to the Anfield atmosphere, Klopp, the club history and the challenge of breaking that title drought.

Geography wise I'd rather be in London so spurs, or Arsenal would also be options but Chelsea, i just wouldn't want to play for roman. Or any other sugar daddy owner. It might pay more but i just wouldn't feel motivated by a cause i don't believe in.  Arsenal would need to be post wenger. United would feature if not for mourinho.

1. Liverpool

2. Spurs

3. Southampton

4. Newcastle

5. Leeds

6. Everton

7. Arsenal

• Administrator

Probably Spurs.

I'd try and stick to morales and not chase the money but play for a team that plays the best football right now.

If I'm earning £70-80k/w, that's nearly £3-4m per year. I think i'll be fine with that! Will I really notice the difference if I got offered and chose to play for £90-100k? Probably not. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Ditch your loyalties to your own club for a sec. If you were for example a superstar in Spain and could play for any club in England who would it be?

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Palace. I'd be the Matt LeTissier of Thornton Heath.

Image result for hmm confused gif

Archived