Sunderland - 39
Aston Villa - 38 
West Brom - 36
Sunderland - 39
QPR - 37
Wolves - 40
West Ham - 35
Hull - 35

Average of 37.5 points. So, 38 should be enough to survive based on that.

Current standings:
image.png

It's likely it'll be between Southampton, Burnley, Cardiff for the final relegation spot to be avoided, but have added a few teams in above those as you never know who could get sucked in. Very unlikely Bournemouth (37 points) in 12th or above will get sucked in.

Fulham and Huddersfield might as well start preparing for Championship life now so won't include them.

Key matches (involving all teams together) for the rest of the season:

23rd March
Brighton vs Southampton
Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield

6th April
Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

13th April
Burnley vs Cardiff

20th April
Newcastle vs Southampton

27th April
Fulham vs Cardiff
Brighton vs Newcastle

4th May
Cardiff vs Crystal Palace

12th May
Fulham vs Newcastle
Southampton vs Huddersfield 

How many points do you think will be enough to survive? Who do you think will be relegated?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it'll be us unfortunately.

I think Southampton have a generally good run in compared to us and Burnley, while Burnley have a difficult final four games of the season. 

However, we have to play four of the top six in our final eight games (three of those at home), while three of our other four games are away (Brighton, Burnley and Fulham). Our away form is very poor however. 

Our only hope is that we are above or within two points of Burnley by the time we get to the last four games. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, realfootballman said:

I think it will be as low as 36 this season and will be between Cardiff, Burnley and Southampton. Still a bit close to call to say who and I don't want to upset Bluebird Hewitt

Welcome to the forums :)

7 hours ago, realfootballman said:

I think it will be as low as 36 this season and will be between Cardiff, Burnley and Southampton. Still a bit close to call to say who and I don't want to upset Bluebird Hewitt

I've been saying that we'll be one of those relegated well before the season even began so don't worry about that. xD

Wlecome to the forum btw. 

• Subscriber
On 14/03/2019 at 13:28, realfootballman said:

Welcome aboard, have fun posting :D

United could have been down there fighting relegation if José was still with us, phew. ohnoes.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Well Cardiff have made this somewhat interesting with their win tonight. Means they've dragged Brighton right in to the shit and also means Southampton can't rest on their laurels too much even though they've probably done enough to be safe. 

That is a dangerous game for Liverpool.

I've never been a massive fan of Cardiff since Sam Hammam, the cup game and our matches that followed but I do feel for Warnock somewhat.

They have had some rough decisions, they deserve some luck.

And I actually think they could get a point at Old Trafford on the last day. Not exactly unheard of going to Old Trafford and coming away with something these days.

21 hours ago, Dan said:

I think Brighton will win at Wolves and that'll sadly be about that.

I don't. I think Cardiff will beat Fulham and Brighton will go down. Don't look like they can get a win again this season.

Tottenham v Brighton on Tuesday. Not a game you’d expect a shock away win, in all honesty but after two games with City, Spurs may be tired. 

Cardiff have Fulham on Saturday, which is a great opportunity to get three points on the board. Brighton have Newcastle, which is a strange one. 

Archived