talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Red Bull Racing & Alpha Tauri Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Red Bull's first win came on this day in 2009.

If you had to choose, what is your favourite win by a Red Bull driver? 

For me, he's a race burglar:

I enjoyed Ricciardo in China 2018. RB double staced under the SC, the race was full of action as Ricciardo took a few drivers for the win.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

I enjoyed Ricciardo in China 2018. RB double staced under the SC, the race was full of action as Ricciardo took a few drivers for the win.

Yeah that's the one I tried to post 😂.

Vettel and Verstappen have taken some excellent wins in that car but as they've tended to dominate those races as it was the best car, they're not as fond memories. Germany 2019 which was won by Verstappen was probably the most fun of his wins as a neutral. Ricciardo got 6(?) wins for them in that era which was more dominated by Mercedes with Ferrari in 2nd so usually something interesting happened for his wins. See also Baku that time when Lewis and Seb hit the joint self destruct button behind the safety car 😅.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Damn! :o And Audi want 75% of Sauber! With Porsche and Audi heavily involved besides Mercedes, hopefully we'll get a German Grand Prix back. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Damn! :o And Audi want 75% of Sauber! With Porsche and Audi heavily involved besides Mercedes, hopefully we'll get a German Grand Prix back. 

On Nordschleife.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

I wouldn't take the plunge (yet) if I was either of them because I just can't see even the best drivers going to Red Bull and being able to challenge Verstappen. For guys who are still deemed 'young and exciting' with their best days ahead, it seems a bit like career suicide to go there and be very good but still second best.

Lando's stock is still rising at Mclaren. Leclerc's might be more or less at its peak. Both of them could still look realistically at Hamilton and Alonso retiring in the next few years, opening up a chance for them to go to Mercedes or Aston Martin (if they stay competitive) and establish themselves as team leader there (George Russell might have a thing or two to say about that of course), wait for their new team to have the best car instead of Red Bull. It's a better route to becoming world champion than going to RB now and having the best car but sharing it with Max.

The only drivers I can really see going to Red Bull to win a few races, because that's going to be the peak of their career, whilst also being potentially an upgrade on Perez from the team's perspective, are the likes of Sainz, Ocon, Gasly and Albon. Perhaps Ricciardo as well if his comeback goes swimmingly. Ironically, four of those five have already been a part of the Red Bull programme before. It's a good stable they have but they still have work to do on ending up with an ideal home-grown driver pairing in the senior team.