talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Red Bull Racing & Alpha Tauri Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Good to see Alex smiling again. He's the kind of guy who will take the positives out of it I imagine. Today he truly showed that he 100% deserves that Red Bull seat. 

I thought he wasn't that great until he had a great restart after the safety car and managed to overtake Vettel and then defend his position despite both Ferraris putting pressure on him. However, he was fairly disappointing at the start of the race were he couldn't overtake Bottas with DRS and then failed to keep up with him despite the car being great today. His racecraft is fine and he's not afraid to get into battles but his raw speed isn't great... Will be interesting to see if he improves next season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I thought he wasn't that great until he had a great restart after the safety car and managed to overtake Vettel and then defend his position despite both Ferraris putting pressure on him. However, he was fairly disappointing at the start of the race were he couldn't overtake Bottas with DRS and then failed to keep up with him despite the car being great today. His racecraft is fine and he's not afraid to get into battles but his raw speed isn't great... Will be interesting to see if he improves next season.

Oh okay, I must admit that I apparently didn't pay much attention to him in the first half of the race. Anyway, I hope he'll improve his pace then. There's some hot shot french guy doing a great job for the feeder team I've heard. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Oh okay, I must admit that I apparently didn't pay much attention to him in the first half of the race. Anyway, I hope he'll improve his pace then. There's some hot shot french guy doing a great job for the feeder team I've heard. :ph34r:

Yeah I believe he was 42 seconds behind Max before the safety car happened (on the same number of pit stops) if I'm not mistaken. He seems to always come alive at the end of the race when the car is light but struggles on his first stint with a heavy car. Mind you, he's still a rookie who was thrown into the seat in the mid-season so he certainly deserves a chance and everyone's more lenient with him for a reason. But he'll need to improve significantly to keep the seat imo.

Also back to the mechanics - the pit crew did even better than I thought. Another world record :o 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah I believe he was 42 seconds behind Max before the safety car happened (on the same number of pit stops) if I'm not mistaken. He seems to always come alive at the end of the race when the car is light but struggles on his first stint with a heavy car. Mind you, he's still a rookie who was thrown into the seat in the mid-season so he certainly deserves a chance and everyone's more lenient with him for a reason. But he'll need to improve significantly to keep the seat imo.

Also back to the mechanics - the pit crew did even better than I thought. Another world record :o 

Yea, I think even Max said the Red Bull is designed pretty agressively and is extremely difficult to drive, especially when it's heavy. Max can handle it pretty well, and Albon is doing a decent job. Seems like it wasn't Gasly's cup of tea at all. Gonna be interesting to see how they'll design it next season. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I think even Max said the Red Bull is designed pretty agressively and is extremely difficult to drive, especially when it's heavy. Max can handle it pretty well, and Albon is doing a decent job. Seems like it wasn't Gasly's cup of tea at all. Gonna be interesting to see how they'll design it next season. 

I don't expect many changes... that will be the last year of the current regulations, so there's probably going to be more about subtle changes than completely new concepts. I really hope though that we'll get a tighter battle for the championship next season with the three top teams being quite close to each other at this stage. 

Just now, nudge said:

I don't expect many changes... that will be the last year of the current regulations, so there's probably going to be more about subtle changes than completely new concepts. I really hope though that we'll get a tighter battle for the championship next season with the three top teams being quite close to each other at this stage. 

Yea, that's very likely. I also hope that McLaren can build on this season and maybe move closer to the top 3. That'd be awesome. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

:bye:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

This is good news. Only one year extension is not ideal but at least that gives RB some stability during the transition to the new regulations phase. That probably means that next year or 2021 must be a winning year to justify the cost of this program for Honda though. Now hopefully Max stays too.

• Subscriber

Interesting article about Red Bull's season and upcoming challenges next year.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/red-bull-saisonende-podest-rb16-2020-grosse-evolution/

The RB16 should be a big evolution of the current car; proneness to wind and temperature are named as two areas that especially need fixing. Consistency is another key thing to improve on. The ambition is for Max to win the drivers' championship and for the team to challenge for the constructors' title.

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Alex Albon got Rookie of the Year award! :) 

Errrrrr, I mean yea, happy for him because he's an all around great bloke, but I mean, Lando had a good season in an inferior car (compared to Red Bull) as well. Just pains me that we never got to see George Russell's full potential yet. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Better than Racing Point, I guess. Still it'll take me a while to call them THAT. 

Yeah the name will take some getting used to... But the livery could be sexy with that colour scheme!