talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mercedes F1 Chat

football forum

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

One of my bold predictions is that Ocon will race for Mercedes this year. Perhaps not as Bottas being kicked out but in Abu Dhabi with everything wrapped up perhaps. 

Or maybe when Lewis throws a tantrum and walks away from F1 to start his music career when he's 100 points behind Seb and Charles :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

High risk, high reward!

As mentioned in commentary, the choreography is perfect. Must have practiced/simulated it so many times!

It's funny. Their cars were so much better, it was a bit unnecessary. However, if they want to prove their efficiency, then they did that to perfection.

Absolute class and my favorite moment of the race.

Just now, Cannabis said:

What race were you watching? Didn't hold Bottas up in the slightest. 

He did have to slow down a bit while they were finishing Lewis' pit stop. I'm 100% sure of it, and I've watched that pit stop like 20 times. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What a team :x

A bit disappointing for a neutral as it always is when one team is dominating, but credit to them, they really are the best team in every possible way.

I have a soft spot for Toto Wolff though so it's cool with me :D 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Let me guess: you're the one who's drinking tonight? :D 

Just a little. But yea I know, Mercedes is a German brand, but all of the mechanics are British, their base is in England, their team boss is Austrian (oh oh)... it's not like you can rally behind them as a German, like the Swiss can with Sauber, because they ARE Swiss. Mercedes just bought a British team and put their name on it... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Just a little. But yea I know, Mercedes is a German brand, but all of the mechanics are British, their base is in England, their team boss is Austrian (oh oh)... it's not like you can rally behind them as a German, like the Swiss can with Sauber, because they ARE Swiss. 

I actually meant your spelling (autocorrect?) as it took me a while to realise that "I just with they'd top" was meant to be "I just wish they'd stop" xD But I get what you mean. I don't consider them a German team despite of the brand name either.

Sauber for me is a team that anyone from the German-speaking areas can rally behind though. Small enough not to be annoying and exclusive; "big" enough in terms of history and tradition. The fact that many German drivers made their way through them is a big factor for me.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I actually meant your spelling (autocorrect?) as it took me a while to realise that "I just with they'd top" was meant to be "I just wish they'd stop" xD But I get what you mean. I don't consider them a German team despite of the brand name either.

Sauber for me is a team that anyone from the German-speaking areas can rally behind though. Small enough not to be annoying and exclusive; "big" enough in terms of history and tradition. The fact that many German drivers made their way through them is a big factor for me.

Oh, I didn't even notice the spelling mistake. BMW was a proper German team to me, with Dr. Mario Theissen at the helm. Remember those days? Mercedes, yes, the name is German, the brand is German, but that's about it. Ferrari has Italian engineers and employees, Renault has French guys pulling the strings... Mercedes has Austrians and Brits. 

Yea, Sauber is amazing. Shame they had to sell out to Alfa Romeo, but still..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...