talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mercedes F1 Chat

football forum

12 hours ago, Eco said:

They certainly do it better than anyone else, and while the one this last weekend was by no means perfect, this is a great view of the stacking. 

The precision is astounding. With my clumsiness and general confusion, I'd probably put Lewis' old tyres on Valtteri's car. 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The precision is astounding. With my clumsiness and general confusion, I'd probably put Lewis' old tyres on Valtteri's car. 

as if you could even lift the tyre xD 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The precision is astounding. 

It is. 

I was reading that this isn't as uncommon of a technique as Sky would lead you to believe, but it appears as such just because all Sky does is talk about Mercedes stacking. 

Not sure if it's true, but every time they complete this, I am so impressed. 

Have they done this but with Bottas first and Hamilton coming in from behind? 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

1 team member tested positive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54468026

A member of the Mercedes team has tested positive for coronavirus before this weekend’s Eifel Grand Prix.

Mercedes said the team would not reveal the identity of the person affected but it is not one of the two drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas.

A spokesperson said the situation was “being handled in line with FIA protocols, working closely with the FIA”.

Mercedes have won eight of the 10 races so far in 2020.

The team also say they will make the necessary adjustments to ensure the weekend at Germany’s Nurburgring runs smoothly.

The F1 season resumed in July with an extensive set of protocols in place to minimise the risk of personnel contracting coronavirus.

These include keeping teams away from each other, and operating within teams using a series of ‘bubbles’, regular testing, and mandatory mask wearing in the paddock.

Last week, F1 announced the highest number of positive tests in a week since the season resumed, with 10 personnel involved with the sport contracting the virus in the wake of the Russian Grand Prix.

Local restrictions are looser in Russia than in many countries in western Europe, with the locals generally not wearing masks or practising social distancing.

A number of European countries are facing a fresh rise in coronavirus cases, including the UK, where Mercedes’ chassis and engine factories are located.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I asked pre-season if it may happen mid-season but nobody really agreed. If it does and there is a title battle. George could drive clean and take points from Lewis. He could be eager to please and prove himself and have collisions with Lewis. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I asked pre-season if it may happen mid-season but nobody really agreed. If it does and there is a title battle. George could drive clean and take points from Lewis. He could be eager to please and prove himself and have collisions with Lewis. 

Visionary! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

It'll be very interesting to see whether Russell wrestles supremacy from Hamilton in that team or whether he takes on an understudy role until Hamilton retires. I really want them to go at it properly to be honest, and I hope that Russell pipping Hamilton in qualifying today is the first time he gives his probable new teammate a slightly bloody nose. I know they aren't in the same team yet (officially) but I got slight young Hamilton vs Alonso "who do you think you are" vibes from George challenging with Lewis today.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...