talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mercedes F1 Chat

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean it makes sense; he drives for them in FormulaE and is doing quite well so far this season. Still didn't expect that!

It's kinda cool to have him back in F1. I still think he never had a real fair shot. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Easily the most intelligent and level-headed person in the paddock. He should write a book.

Yup, perfect team boss. I hope he'll write a book in the future. I'd read it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mercedes and Bottas have agreed a new contract for 2021. 

Poor George :( 

Am a huge fan of George and see him as a future champion. But what do you think of his error yesterday? I know he's young and these things happen. But do you think that maybe because all of last season he never really raced anyone wheel to wheel as Williams were shit. It might take some getting used to?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Am a huge fan of George and see him as a future champion. But what do you think of his error yesterday? I know he's young and these things happen. But do you think that maybe because all of last season he never really raced anyone wheel to wheel as Williams were shit. It might take some getting used to?

It's his first real mistake in F1 as much as I can remember, wouldn't read much into it, to be honest. He was pushing too hard trying to race faster cars and lost the grip there on the outside, I'd say it's more due to eagerness than anything else. But I agree to a certain degree; he needs to drive a better car and get into more wheel on wheel battles to keep on improving. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 13/07/2020 at 17:38, nudge said:

Mercedes and Bottas have agreed a new contract for 2021. 

Poor George :( 

He has a great opportunity to make his case in an improving Williams. At every turn he can be the first driver to get them back in Q3 on merit for ages, back into the points, etc. He'll absolutely dominate that team as well because Williams simply won't be able to attract a driver good enough to worry him seriously.

It is a bit dull though. Assuming talk of Mercedes stepping back as a manufacturer again is only rumour, it would be interesting to see a shake-up in their driver lineup.

Albon 3rd in 2018's F2 Championship, gets a seat at Toro Rosso and then Red Bull. Lando 2nd, and gets a seat at McLaren, and George wins the whole thing by a big margin and ends up at Williams. It's a bit tragic to be honest. I hope he gets to show his full potential eventually. His talent is way above the level Williams are operating at. 

• 3 weeks later...